Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Ron Paul: The 5 Million Dollar Man
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Author Message
thecontractor



Joined: 20 Mar 2007
Posts: 99
Ron Paul: The 5 Million Dollar Man  Reply with quote  

No matter if you love him or love to hate him, this is impressive.

Without any help from big business fat cats, this was hard earned money from hard working people. It is a dirty shame that Hitlery will take office regardless.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/10/paul-raises-jaw.html
Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:47 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Embryo



Joined: 31 Dec 2002
Posts: 6359
Location: http://www.myspace.com/pogopark
 Reply with quote  

Anyone else have a suspicion that people are only excited about Ron Paul, ignoring all of his obvious and glaring faults, because they feel reluctant to vote for a woman or black man? Obama is 10x the people's champion that Ron Paul is. He made the bulk of his money from smaller donors, an enormous number of them.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:51 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
thecontractor



Joined: 20 Mar 2007
Posts: 99
 Reply with quote  

Embryo wrote:
Anyone else have a suspicion that people are only excited about Ron Paul, ignoring all of his obvious and glaring faults, because they feel reluctant to vote for a woman or black man?


Nope.

What does race or gender have anything to do with it? Don't queer the issues. It is attitudes like yours that are keeping the black man down and women from getting the CEO positions.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:57 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
2b
SHAKESPERIAN ACTOR


Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Posts: 4584
Location: A stain by the bay...
 Reply with quote  

Embryo wrote:
Anyone else have a suspicion that people are only excited about Ron Paul, ignoring all of his obvious and glaring faults, because they feel reluctant to vote for a woman or black man? Obama is 10x the people's champion that Ron Paul is. He made the bulk of his money from smaller donors, an enormous number of them.


Or maybe all these candidates all climbed out from the same shitpool and people are sick of it?

You're probably right though, there are racists and sexists everywhere.

The people I know who are interested in what he has to bring to the table are influenced by his libertarian beliefs though.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:01 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
tom inhaler
me too!


Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 4398
Location: providence
 Reply with quote  

thecontractor wrote:
Embryo wrote:
Anyone else have a suspicion that people are only excited about Ron Paul, ignoring all of his obvious and glaring faults, because they feel reluctant to vote for a woman or black man?


Nope.

What does race or gender have anything to do with it? Don't queer the issues. It is attitudes like yours that are keeping the black man down and women from getting the CEO positions.


are you serious? you really think no one in this country is reluctant to vote for a woman or black man for president? serious? seriously?

"The right of an innocent, unborn child to life is at the heart of the American ideals of liberty."

zoinks.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:03 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
3flip



Joined: 30 Dec 2003
Posts: 2201
Location: Minneapolis
 Reply with quote  

the people reluctant to vote for a black man or woman, for the most part, are not hopping on the paul bandwagon. they are supporting jon edwards, or more likely, rudy guiliani

Last edited by 3flip on Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:15 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
rhickey



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 657
Location: boston
 Reply with quote  

thecontractor wrote:

What does race or gender have anything to do with it? Don't queer the issues.


I think that's kind of an obvious question. And kind of a funny choice of words.

Anyway, I think Ron Paul's appeal isn't because he's the white male alternative to Hillary or Obama's political ideals.His popularity seems rooted in him running as a republican with the ideals he has. Were he a democrat, he'd be sitting next to Gravel, and if he were a libertarian (again) he would get no coverage. But an anti-war republican is something to behold, and one who wants to dissolve most of the federal government is one to root for.

I still can't pin down what it is about him that rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's all those goddamned digg articles, "CNN SHITS ALL OVER RON PAUL" and the like. It's hard to gauge where his popularity really stands when everything I hear about him has to do with some station taking him off of a poll when his nine million net gremlins cram the boxes.

Either way, it's nice to see that he can raise that much cash. I'd love to see him use it to pull ahead.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
thecontractor



Joined: 20 Mar 2007
Posts: 99
 Reply with quote  

tom inhaler wrote:
you really think no one in this country is reluctant to vote for a woman or black man for president?


These race and gender questions are meant to skew issues. Quit emboldening the racists and sexists by bringing them up. Be proactive and stop dwelling on them. Only YOU can prevent prejudice.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
rhickey



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 657
Location: boston
 Reply with quote  

you say that like you can't vote if you're racist or sexist. have you ever heard of "the south", ostrich boy? it's this magical place where if two guys hold hands in public they are almost guaranteed a tour of the town tied behind a pickup truck
Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
tommi teardrop



Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Posts: 2211
Location: Las Vegas
 Reply with quote  

In case you missed it the first time,
tommi teardrop wrote:
Ron Paul. I disagree with him strongly on many issues (mainly immigration and isolationism). But I still find myself defending him a lot of the time. Strict constructionism is a real turn on for me. I just feel like the way he looks at goverment and the executive's role is really refreshing in a time where the goal of our constitution and the reality of our government seem so far apart.

The guy is an ob-gyn. I sort of give him a pass on the whole abortion thing seeing as he delivers babies for a living. I guess I just dont really see how abortion can be such a deciding factor in choosing a candidate to vote for. Even being pro-choice, it is extremely low on my list of priorities as far as selecting an executive goes. I think it sucks that someone is automatically disqualified by entire groups because of their opinion on one moral issue.
I think people are excited about Ron Paul because he is the only candidate that actually vocalizes the feelings that people have about our inept goverment. He actually reads the constitution. Everyone else is cookie cutter, whether they are black, white, male, female, republican or democrat. There are a few other exceptions, but Ron Paul has that crazy old militia man thing going for him too. I hope he makes a litte noise, or accepts a 3rd party nomination. He would be great in the debates.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:10 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dan Shay



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Posts: 11244
Location: MN
 Reply with quote  

Obviously a mere mention of the fact that Kennedy aside, we've had two hundred and thirty consecutive years of nothing but white, anglosaxon protestant males as president is racism because religion, gender and race don't factor into job qualifications.

White boys are just that good.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:11 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FranktheP



Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Posts: 1366
Location: East Coast, Fuck You!
 Reply with quote  

thecontractor wrote:
tom inhaler wrote:
you really think no one in this country is reluctant to vote for a woman or black man for president?


These race and gender questions are meant to skew issues. Quit emboldening the racists and sexists by bringing them up. Be proactive and stop dwelling on them. Only YOU can prevent prejudice.


What color is the sky in your world?

Though I hate to generalize the "south" as all racist, my little time I spent there last month proved to me they are not as open minded as I hoped.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:53 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
mancabbage



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9237
Location: london
 Reply with quote  

aren't they batting for different teams anyway?

surely a ron versus barack is more of a win/win than the lose/lose that usually goes down?
Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:12 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chaim



Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 285
 Reply with quote  

thecontractor wrote:
tom inhaler wrote:
you really think no one in this country is reluctant to vote for a woman or black man for president?


These race and gender questions are meant to skew issues. Quit emboldening the racists and sexists by bringing them up. Be proactive and stop dwelling on them. Only YOU can prevent prejudice.



You didn't just use the questioning-our-policies-means-the-terrorists-win defence did you?
Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:10 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
thecontractor



Joined: 20 Mar 2007
Posts: 99
 Reply with quote  

The reaction from some to the news that a man who is running for president has caught up to the facist Frudy McRomson in fundraising after being shunned and smeared by the media is terrible and frightening. I am not surprised by any means. I am however befuddled as to why race and gender were brought up so quickly. Race and gender should be non-issues in a presidential election or any election for that matter. It seems some here are hung up on those two topics. Let us listen to the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and not judge one another by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. How quick some are to point wagging fingers south. No doubt the same fingers that wag at religious types for trying to convert others. You who would chastize Jehovas Whitnesses for going on conversion missions reflect the same sentimate of one who would want the south to believe in tolerance. Who are you? Live and let live. Let us keep an open mind here please.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:31 pm
 View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:40 am
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon