Search
Register
The case for Ron Paul possibly winning the nomination!!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

timmyprinz

The case for Ron Paul possibly winning the nomination!!  Reply with quote  

http://thecaseforronpaul.com/links.aspx

Wow this makes sense and is very interesting.

Like how come Ron Paul does so good in straw polls, winning the debates, great in fund-raising...but the media still doesn't consider him in the top tier!?

Cause he is a threat to them and the status-qou....thats why.

If he gets the nomination, it would really change america for the better!!
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:03 am
Lusid
http://youtube.com/watch?v=skCV2L0c6K0

Does he have a new album dropping soon?

Sorry. but honestly, I think he actually has a chance.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:06 am
timmyprinz

Lusid wrote:
Does he have a new album dropping soon?

Sorry. but honestly, I think he actually has a chance.

Me too. Watch out for voter fraud though.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:15 am
Lusid

There you go, hippies:

I hope people understand that this "internet base" they keep talking about is the youth that traditionally doesn't vote.
The typical youth voter never had broadband internet, youtube, or myspace either.
They only had mainstream media, small independent papers, or word of mouth.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:17 am
redball

If there's anything that the Christian Nationalists have shown us over the last two elections it's that an organized and motivated minority can outvote a disorganized apathetic majority. Could Ron Paul's supporters pull off the CNs own tricks against them? Maybe, that's how much disarray the Repubs are in right now.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:14 am
Lusid

Well he's definitely a christian republican, which is like giving Nader Jesus appeal.
I've been watching this campaign unfold from the get go.
I remember when the "truthers" supported Kinky Friedman before Paul hit the scene.
Then Kinky talked about being buddies with Bush, and Paul was thrown out there.
Now it's WAY bigger than just my conspiracy friends.
This government has jaded even some of the most loyal of citizens.
Left, right, whateva whateva whateva, everyone's jumping on the bandwagon.
We'll see, and we'll see.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:57 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

redball wrote:
If there's anything that the Christian Nationalists have shown us over the last two elections it's that an organized and motivated minority can outvote a disorganized apathetic majority. Could Ron Paul's supporters pull off the CNs own tricks against them? Maybe, that's how much disarray the Repubs are in right now.

Ron Paul vs. Christian Nationalists = false dichotomy.

If there were a chance that he'd win, it wouldn't be a shock if the moral majority (as it were) jumped on his bandwagon. The machine he's fighting is the neocons, not the "religious" right.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:01 pm
The Count

I think the republican party knows that unless Hillary is nominated they have absolutely no chance of winning. And even if they were running against HC, RP prolly wouldn't pull the angry, sexist, dissillusioned, conservative out to vote like the other old white guys would.

The only person running for the republicans who has an actual shot of doing shit in this election is Ron Paul, which is why the neo-cons who control the republican party are going to do everything they can to make sure he is as much of a non-story as possible. Paul would put up better numbers against Obama or Edwards than any other repub, and that would put alot of pressure on the party to start shaping their views more toward the ron paul side of things. That is the last thing they want to do right now.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:11 pm
Lusid

IF you like Paul or not, you have to admit that this is a very interesting situation in Washington.

Clinton is a left hook neocon, if you don't see this then you aren't paying much attention.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:32 pm
shambhala

I just can't see him performing well in an election, my views on his politics aside. He sounded like a crackpot in the debate, didn't articulate himself well at all.

If Hillary won I'd vote for a Kucinich/Paul independant ticket in a heartbeat though.

Last edited by shambhala on Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:40 pm
The Count

shambhala wrote:
He sounded like a crackpot in the debate, didn't articulate himself well at all.

I think if we've learned anything over the past 8 years, it's that the ability to articulate oneself does is not required to become president.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:46 pm
futuristxen

Lusid wrote:

Clinton is a left hook neocon, if you don't see this then you aren't paying much attention.

I don't think Clinton has an overriding ideology. She and her husband just love to play politics. It's about power as much as anything. She's probably still smarting from all the condescension she had to put up with as first lady. She's basically been doing things for the last 15 years just to get to this point. She's been nothing if not a pragmatist. I have no idea what she would do in power. But I'm strangely willing to roll those dice by this point.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:52 pm
garyrotter

futuristxen wrote:
Lusid wrote:

I don't think Clinton has an overriding ideology. She and her husband just love to play politics. It's about power as much as anything. She's probably still smarting from all the condescension she had to put up with as first lady. She's basically been doing things for the last 15 years just to get to this point. She's been nothing if not a pragmatist. I have no idea what she would do in power. But I'm strangely willing to roll those dice by this point.

Wow. Really? She advocates war with Iran. Thought that would be enough to sway people away from her.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:05 pm
redball

icarus502 wrote:
redball wrote:

Ron Paul vs. Christian Nationalists = false dichotomy.

If there were a chance that he'd win, it wouldn't be a shock if the moral majority (as it were) jumped on his bandwagon. The machine he's fighting is the neocons, not the "religious" right.

I don't think he is a Christian Nationalist, nor do I really think he's out for Christian dominion like CNs are. I'm pretty sure that CN groups are supporting Huckabee, McCain, and Thompson.

I'm not really trying to pit him against them as if he's their mortal enemy. I'm just saying that his supporters seem like they could organize and push him through.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:21 pm
FuseONE

Paul has about as much chance of winning the nomination as I do of becoming a power forward for the Lakers.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:28 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next