Search
Register
Consumer Questions
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Anti.Agent036

Consumer Questions  Reply with quote  

What's a good website for consumer questions? Primarily in regard to a particular product. This is going to sound stupid to some, but I NEED to know what the best clear men's deodorant is. This has been bugging me a lot, and I'm going to be travelling non-stop starting monday. I can't be funky, but I hate when the pits of my shirts are all white. Right now I'm using Gilette clear shield, which wears off in an hour or two. Prior to that, I was using women's degree which lasted forever, but got white shit everywhere. Help
Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:20 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

"Best" as in most effective or least destructive? "Best" as in the most ethically produced or as in having the best value?

I think this is the best site to ask your consumer question because I have the answer for you. The best is "Right Guard Sport."
Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:28 pm
Anti.Agent036

Sage Francis wrote:
"Best" as in most effective or least destructive? "Best" as in the most ethically produced or as in having the best value?

I think this is the best site to ask your consumer question because I have the answer for you. The best is "Right Guard Sport."

I guess what I meant was best as in what stays clear and deodorizes for the longest period of time. I shall try the Right Guard
Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:35 pm
dsodreams

Speed Stick. Ocean Surf.
The kind that looks clear, with a tint of blue.
Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:06 pm
adic

Old Spice High Endurance is my shit, better than Right Guard IMO...

The Gilette clear shit indeed doesn't last long, why you made the jump to women's degree before trying old spice is puzzling...
Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:14 pm
Z-0

Driclor will solve your problems. it may also burn your skin if you use it in the morning after getting out of the shower. water breaks it down to hydrochloric acid. but you wont sweat and it doesnt stain, that's for sure. and after using it daily for a week you'll only need to apply it three or so times a week going forward.
Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:44 pm
Anti.Agent036

adic wrote:
Old Spice High Endurance is my shit, better than Right Guard IMO...

The Gilette clear shit indeed doesn't last long, why you made the jump to women's degree before trying old spice is puzzling...

Yea, the gilette clear is horrible. I just went to the market and looked for right guard sport, but they were out of it. I also heard Mitchum was really good, but they didn't have a clear one. I bought Axe clear. hopefully it works.
Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:01 pm
Jack

i was on the clear gilette stuff for a good year and then I guess my armpitts adapted to it and it no longer works and now I have been on old spice high endurance for over a few years now and it works niccce
Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:15 pm
Szechwan

I think I've grown immune to Old Spice somewhere along the lines.

Someone point me to some high powered antiperspirant! I'm not a stinky guy, but god damn does my right armpit sweat.
Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:45 pm
b.Freyer

Try Mitchums, its pretty good. Also, women's deoderant works good too.
Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:43 am
Dream Inspired

i was in the same boat and i ended up going with degree spray. not sure if i enjoy spraying more chemicals in the air than i already do with paints and such, but i'm a sweaty motherfucker at times and i gotta do what i gotta do to look like a semi-well groomed grown up.
Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:09 am
Plum Puddin'

My sweat smells like success!

And shame.
Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:11 am
Elorza

My body adapted to Old Spice too, can't use that shit no mo'. I used to try my darndest to stay with Tom's of Maine but that shit would last half a day at best. I've been using Degree (with silver ion technology, whaaaat!) for a minute now and it seems to stand up pretty well. I've had days where I'm outside and sweating constantly for a good 10 hours and it's stayed with me for the majority of it. Hadn't found something to last the entirety though.

That being said, I think deodorant/antiperspirant is bullshit. I guarantee I'm in the minority but I have no problem and sometimes even enjoy (yea I said it) the natural odor of the human body. The fact that we're so thoroughly compelled to mask that shit is such a lemming mentality to me; so unnecessary and fruitless. Riding from Franklin Ave. up to Fordham Rd. onna completely nondeodorized and packed train car would test my mettle, surely, but I'd deal with that shit. I think body bouquet is beautiful. Fuck the haters.....although nerd funk is somehow a very special brand of funk, but I think that has something to do with the game store setting as well, I'll have to investigate this phenomenon.

I'm a lemming too, I'll admit--I wear deodorant out of consideration for you ninnies-- but boy howdy do it ruffle mah feathers.

Last edited by Elorza on Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:14 am
Z-0

Elorza wrote:
My body adapted to Old Spice too, can't use that shit no mo'. I used to try my darndest to stay with Tom's of Maine but that shit would last half a day at best. I've been using Degree (with silver ion technology, whaaaat!) for a minute now and it seems to stand up pretty well. I've had days where I'm outside and sweating constantly for a good 10 hours and it's stayed with me for the majority of it. Hadn't found something to last the entirety though.

That being said, I think deodorant/antiperspirant is bullshit. I guarantee I'm in the minority but I have no problem and sometimes even enjoy (yea I said it) the natural odor of the human body. The fact that we're so thoroughly compelled to mask that shit is such a lemming mentality to me; so unnecessary and fruitless. Riding from Franklin Ave. up to Fordham Rd. onna completely nondeodorized and packed train car would test my mettle, surely, but I'd deal with that shit. I think body bouquet is beautiful. Fuck the haters.....although nerd funk is somehow a very special brand of funk, but I think that has something to do with the game store setting as well, I'll have to investigate this phenomenon.

I'm a lemming too, I'll admit--I wear deodorant out of consideration for you ninnies-- but how howdy do it ruffle mah feathers.

"dude, you fucking stink"

"yeah? you are so not on my level"
Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:23 am
Z-0

Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:32 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next