Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

b. dolan
FBI agent

B. DOLAN tour is over! Now @ SXSW!  Reply with quote  

B. DOLAN "March South" TOUR

3/13 - Warehouse 508 w/ Wheelchair Sports Camp - Alburquerque, NM
3/14 - Andy's Bar w/ Wheelchair Sports Camp - Denton, TX

SXSW - Austin, TX
3/18 - Project Blowed Showcase feat. 2mex, Awol One, Killah Priest, Open Mike Eagle, Riddlore, Aceyalone + more
3/19 - Metropolis w/ Awol One, Ceschi, Shane Hall, Prolyphic +more

Ladies and gentlemen, the face of success.

Fresh from the massive spectacle of the Church of Love & Ruin, B. Dolan returns to the solo road to begin work on his next incarnation. He'll be hitting the mountain passes in a tiny rental car, developing new material across a thousand miles of tar and a string of seedy hotel rooms.

If you're lucky enough to be in his path, come witness these very special headlining sets, featuring all the dystopic classics + a lot of brand new material!

Ticket links will be added to this event as they become avaliable! See you there!

♥,
b

Last edited by b. dolan on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:53 am; edited 13 times in total
Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:05 am
xGasPricesx

I will be at the Scottsdale show with a few friends for sure. Very excited. Kind of bummed it can't be the Church of Love and Ruin show all over again, but I think I'm ready for a B. Dolan solo show.
Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:44 am
b. dolan
FBI agent

Flyer for the Scottsdale, AZ show on 3/12:

Flyer for 3/19 SXSW show:

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:29 pm
SFR announcement

Bro V. Wade, eh? Sounds....dope.
Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:32 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

haha. what's funny is i've scanned that flyer 20 times and didn't notice that until just now when i posted it. so pumped to see Bro vs. Wade.
Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:34 pm
xGasPricesx

Does no one else on here live in the southwest or what?
Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:08 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

This forum won't be satisfied until we're all hobbyists!

ALBUQUERQUE, NM DATE ADDED! SUN, MAR 13 B.DOLAN + Wheelchair Sports Camp @ WAREHOUSE 508! All ages show!

I could not be more excited to play a show w/ Wheelchair Sports Camp. If their live show is as dope as it looks, I may have found a new Church of Love & Ruin act. Come see the magic happen.

</object>

These guys have also been added to the Denton date. Winning!
Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:39 am
SFR announcement

B. Dolan at Summit Music Hall in Denver TONIGHT! http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2011/03/tonight_b_dolan_at_summit_musi.php
Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:23 pm
box johnson

There's a 20% chance I can pull this off, but if I can, it would be 120% awesome.
Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:56 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

b. dolan wrote:
This forum won't be satisfied until we're all hobbyists!

ALBUQUERQUE, NM DATE ADDED! SUN, MAR 13 B.DOLAN + Wheelchair Sports Camp @ WAREHOUSE 508! All ages show!

I could not be more excited to play a show w/ Wheelchair Sports Camp. If their live show is as dope as it looks, I may have found a new Church of Love & Ruin act. Come see the magic happen.

</object>

These guys have also been added to the Denton date. Winning!

We played with Wheelchair Sports Camp in NYC a couple months ago. Homegirl KILLS it. She'd be a great addition to Love & Ruin. Krip-hop/homo-hop/hell of a rapper all in one.
Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:55 pm
xxdr. mad69xx

What time is the Salt Lake thing? I can't figure it out.
Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:02 pm
xGasPricesx

The show in Phoenix tonight was interesting to say the least. It was a disappointingly small crowd, 30-40 people max, and three of those kids who happened to position themselves front and center for B's set were of the ultra-douche calibre. To give you all a picture of the type, two of them had their iPhones set to record right in B's face pretty much his entire set, and despite the constant mocking and literal slapping (a pretty loud slap at that) of the fury of B they continued their douchey ways. The other one, who wasn't filming any of it, spent the whole show either headbanging, jumping on the speaker to presumably show his amazingness of to the audience, and screaming along to the lyrics at all the wrong times. All this really only served to make the show more interesting though.

B killed the set, although it did seem a little abbreviated, which was probably due to the insane travel schedule and lack of a crowd. Everything that was needed was there though, from the new ODB piece, to Joan of Arcadia (dedicated to Sarah Palin, of course), and the Paper Planes remix of 50 Ways. All in all it was a solid set by B, I just felt a little ashamed as an Arizonan at not only the lack of a crowd, but also by the crowd members who were there.

On the bright side of it, I had talked a friend who has a nationally syndicated TV show (planetawesome.org) into doing an interview with Mr. Dolan a few months back, and tonight it finally came to fruition. The interview ended up running just short of two hours, and after spending the past couple weeks pouring through every Dolan interview that exists on the interwebs in my research, I can assure you that the gems he was putting out in this are some of his best in this format. The interview will hopefully be edited down and put up on the TV show within the next month at most, and there are plans to put up a lot of extended cuts online for all to enjoy. All the footage is also being sent to the Strange Famous HQ, where they may or may not decide to use some of it on their own upcoming projects.

I also wanted to take this space to once again thank Mr. Dolan for his time tonight, and all the kind words he said on his Facebook page about our organization and the interview we did with him.
Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:11 am
b. dolan
FBI agent

In retrospect we announced this tour much too late, as I decided to wait for a few lame promoters who were slow getting me details.

As a result I've seen a lot of "I didn't know you were here last night!" or "I couldn't get off work in time!" stuff on my Facebook, which is my fault really.

But, the point is I'm not sweating attendance on this one. I had a few offers come through and saw an opportunity to book a little run down to SXSW during an off-period (no new album to promote, etc.) ... I've worked with some new promoters and had some good shows, built some new relationships along the way and got to try out some new things.

Thanks to everyone that's come out during this run on such short notice, and definitely to the Planet Awesome crew who single-handedly made dealing with the d-bags worth it last night. Can't wait to see that interview.
Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:05 am
xGasPricesx

b. dolan wrote:

Thanks to everyone that's come out during this run on such short notice, and definitely to the Planet Awesome crew who single-handedly made dealing with the d-bags worth it last night. Can't wait to see that interview.

At the risk of sounding redundant and coming off as even more of an ultra fan-boy, I just wanted to reiterate how amazing it is to hear this kind of response from you. I know Stefan (and the rest of the population of Planet Awesome) feels the same way too. We really wanted the interview to go well (as opposed to wanting it to be a total fuck up, of course) and were a little nervous about the whole thing and how the questions we came up with would play out. A lot of the answers to them were nothing short of amazing though, and you were extremely gracious with how much you opened up in the interview.

I seriously can't wait to start editing it and see what we can put together, although it sucks that the actual TV segment will be unfortunately short given the nature of the show and the audience, and the perceived lack of an attention span. We will be putting as much as we can of it up on YouTube though, so everyone can enjoy some of the great answers you gave (especially the grave story, if we don't end up fitting it in to the TV segment).

I'm going to try to stop myself now before I ramble too much farther, but before I stop completely, I just wanted to say one more time how much it means to me (and Stefan and the rest of the Planet Awesome crew) all the nice words you have said about the interview so far.

And yes, I do realize how incredibly needy and fanboyish this all sounds, but I don't really care. There is something special about what you do, and I won't rest till I have exposed as many people as I possibly can to it.

I'll sleep when you're dead.

Edit: This is a reminder of why I shouldn't post when I'm drunk. Awh well.
Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:21 am
b. dolan
FBI agent

xGasPricesx wrote:
There is something special about what you do, and I won't rest till I have exposed as many people as I possibly can to it.

That's a damn good thing to hear, man. Means a lot, especially at the end of a tour like this. I look forward to seeing the interview too. With the split screen punches and what not... I have a feeling we did some good stuff that day. ;)

Thanks to everyone who came out to these shows!
Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:52 am

Jump to: