Register
Movies, Movies, Movies
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

xGasPricesx

sneeeeb wrote:
fuck it

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

You have to click the "Use old embed code" option to get it to work here.
Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:39 pm
sneeeeb
COCKRING WRAITH

Yeah, I tried that... I tried a few things. I dunno... it wasn't meant to be.
Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:45 pm
xGasPricesx

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:55 pm
Captiv8

I watched Skyline last night and was, for the most part, really disappointed. There was a lot of bad dialogue and nonsensical choices being made, and for whatever reason I could barely stand the sight of lead actress Scottie Thompson. Her face looked like an alien's and it really bugged me. The ending was hokey on some love conquers all bullshit, but hopeful. All that being said, there were some great special effects scenes throughout the movie and I appreciated the hopelessness of the situation, particularly through the progression of the story. Sometimes the aliens win. Or do they? But here's the most disappointing part: apparently the two brothers that made the movie financed the entire thing themselves ($10 million, almost all of which was for special effects) but ultimately delivered a mediocre alien movie at best. You'd think you want everything to be as crisp and tight as possible, with the idiocy reduced to a bare minimum. Nope. For example, why not have the main crew try to escape the highrise via the sewer system instead of trying to drive in broad, dangerous daylight? That's what I would have done.
Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:47 am
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Just watched Inside Job, finally. Very informative. Great quote at the end from Andrew Sheng.
Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:36 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

about to watch this on netflix

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:31 am
Self Conscious

Captiv8 wrote:
I watched Skyline last night and was, for the most part, really disappointed. There was a lot of bad dialogue and nonsensical choices being made, and for whatever reason I could barely stand the sight of lead actress Scottie Thompson. Her face looked like an alien's and it really bugged me. The ending was hokey on some love conquers all bullshit, but hopeful. All that being said, there were some great special effects scenes throughout the movie and I appreciated the hopelessness of the situation, particularly through the progression of the story. Sometimes the aliens win. Or do they? But here's the most disappointing part: apparently the two brothers that made the movie financed the entire thing themselves ($10 million, almost all of which was for special effects) but ultimately delivered a mediocre alien movie at best. You'd think you want everything to be as crisp and tight as possible, with the idiocy reduced to a bare minimum. Nope. For example, why not have the main crew try to escape the highrise via the sewer system instead of trying to drive in broad, dangerous daylight? That's what I would have done.

you should have know this going in. the reviews and everything ive heard about skyline have been bad.

just watched to first of the Pusher trilogy last night.

tonight's gonna be Uncle Boonmee or Map of the Sounds of Tokyo
Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:39 pm
OM3N

So I basically gave up all my modern sensibilities (saying scary movies are not scary) and watched "Insidious" with my Girlfriend thinking it would be a good time. I thought I knew better.

Holy fuck me if that is not the scariest movie since the Excorcist....

We were holding eachother until the very end...

Am I just a pussy or did anyone else think Insiduious was good?

"Clicks lights off."

Last edited by OM3N on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:55 pm
OM3N

Oh my shit, I knew it. Watch it a second time. Nu'oh My God!!

First scene, mom walking down stairs..... Headphones not optional. That sound....
Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:03 pm
Rob-Raz

It started out decent...although the acting was kinda meh.....but they went to far with the whole Darth Maul/Hellboy looking bad guy and the ending was kind of WTF?

There were a few "scares" here and there I liked....dunno...maybe need to go back and watch it again. Think I was multi tasking when I watched it the first time.
Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:47 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

OM3N wrote:
So I basically gave up all my modern sensibilities (saying scary movies are not scary) and watched "Insidious" with my Girlfriend thinking it would be a good time. I thought I knew better.

Holy fuck me if that is not the scariest movie since the Excorcist....

We were holding eachother until the very end...

Am I just a pussy or did anyone else think Insiduious was good?

"Clicks lights off."

the reviews say its great but i heard its actually crap, still havent seen it im in no rush to , ill catch it when ever i catch it on

with that said, there hasnt been any truly "scary" movies out in awhile that i know of, some good trys but naaah , its the same recycled bullshit over and over
Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:00 pm
OM3N

Rob-Raz wrote:
It started out decent...although the acting was kinda meh.....but they went to far with the whole Darth Maul/Hellboy looking bad guy and the ending was kind of WTF?

There were a few "scares" here and there I liked....dunno...maybe need to go back and watch it again. Think I was multi tasking when I watched it the first time.

Acting was definitely "meh" I'll give you that. But the pacing was pretty damn good.

Also I just finished watching "Hard Candy" and I have to say dude seriously? I appreciate a movie taking such a difficult subject as pedophilia to the forefront, but that was too much. But wow
Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:45 am
Captiv8

Insidious was great in the first half as it really built up the tension using nothing more than lingering camera shots and some creepy music. That's a skill. But then they abandoned the subtle approach for a much more in your face tack that I thought was disappointing. I thought Rose Byrne pulled off the vulnerability of her role really well, and the child actors were pretty convincing too. What cheapened this movie the most thought were the two ghost hunter dudes. Like I said in a previous post, their comic relief was unneeded and derailed the mood of the movie.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:28 am
selfworth

i liked insidious a lot, i think it is because i didn't expect much out of it.
i just watched 13 assassins, it was quite an enjoyable samurai movies. i've been watching foreign films way more than anything else lately. the korean movies have not disappointed at all so far. i watched "i saw the devil" ,a great revenge film. "the good, the bad, and the weird", a very entertaining western , "thirst", a pretty interesting story of a priest that becomes a vampire and has an affair with old childhood friend's wife. "mother" was an engaging tale of a mother trying to prove her disabled sons innocence in a murder case.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:11 pm
Disharmony

I just watched 13 assassins. I love samurai movies.

One of my favorite samurai movies is "Twilight samurai."
Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 57, 58, 59  Next