Search
Register
Kim Jong Il Dead
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

See Arrrgh

OM3N wrote:
Wow, this is quite a development. He could have been dead for a long time and we would never know.

If anybody hasn't seen this "Vice Guide to North Korea" Please do watch it. It is quite an insight, probably the best you can hope to see as a North American.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpYgknMo6Gk

get to part 5. It's heartbreaking.

Seconded on this suggestion. I've watched a lot of the Vice Guide stuff. I've watched the North Korean one a few times. The Liberia one is fucking nuts too.

I would also like to add, in relation to that video, that THAT is what a police state looks like.
Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:17 pm
Dr Sagacious

I don't think the people of Pyongyang were "forced" to cry at all. A good film about the way people live in Pyongyang is A State of Mind. It came out in 2004 (I think).

The people who are lucky enough to live in Pyongyang really don't have life all that bad. Their lives are incredibly idealogical, and it is all centered around the Eternal President and his son Kim Jong-il. Those people crying in that video are most definitely sad. The State Media pumps propaganda through speakers and television (which is rare, itself, and only broadcasts for a handful of hours a day) into the homes of Pyongyang. Since birth, you are to, essentially, worship Jong-il. You really have no choice, but people there really don't get that you could have a choice in the first place. But, even if they do, I doubt they'd be courageous enough to even speak an utterance of dissent against the "Great Leader".

That country is blanketed by a shroud of mystery. Most outside estimates of Jung-un's age is "late" 20's. What a weird country that place is. It's the sum of American and Japanese Imperialism against Stalinism and Maoism, mixed with a whole lotta cult of personality.
Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:32 pm
outpatient

So where do I read all the Kim Jong-un gossip from his school buddies in Switzerland? Somebody has to have dirt on this guy, come on.
Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:02 am
name

good fucking riddance.

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:31 am
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

name wrote:
good fucking riddance.

I entered this thread to post this.
Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2