View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

how can you not mention the production when saying that

both mesh together PERFECT for this one
Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:17 pm
DeadAwake

Who to point the finger at has been garnering my attention lately.

The Chicarones Por Que (Pork Eh?) mixtape from Camobear records seems to be the latest thing he has been involved with.
Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:30 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

i keep seeing the title of this thread and reading it in my head like it's a question about the act of sleeping... like, "what's up with sleep? why do we have do to this every night?"... but in my head, it's the voice of jerry sienfield or joey tribiani..
Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:06 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

T-Wrex wrote:
i keep seeing the title of this thread and reading it in my head like it's a question about the act of sleeping... like, "what's up with sleep? why do we have do to this every night?"... but in my head, it's the voice of jerry sienfield or joey tribiani..

Haha same here.
Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:28 am
Flossin

While we're on the topic of lost SFR artists: what's up with Curtis Plum? Does anybody even know what he's doing, if he's making any music etc?
Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:44 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Flossin wrote:
While we're on the topic of lost SFR artists: what's up with Curtis Plum? Does anybody even know what he's doing, if he's making any music etc?

some legal stuff, if i remember correctly. no bueno.
Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:05 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

No one is lost. haha. Everyone is out there doing their thing. Curtis has been working on a gang of new material after taking a break. Something most people aren't aware of is that Curtis is schizophrenic. I never felt at liberty to make that information public, but he recently expressed his thoughts about his condition in a Vice article:

http://www.vice.com/read/schizophrenia-not-caught-on-tape

I was unaware of his condition until we were developing his album together. It caused a few roadblocks along the way, but everything panned out. He's a brilliant and super funny guy, but when he went off meds or when the meds stopped working, things got a little hairy. He needs to stick to a strict schedule of eating and sleeping, which the road doesn't really lend itself to. When he tried touring the self-titled Curtis Plum album he ended up in prison on the second night. And he was there for longer than he should have been due to his lack of medication and his inability to communicate properly with authorities. That was not an easy time. And, needless to say, it kind of ended any hopes of him doing shows outside of his locale (which used to be Idaho, but I believe he has moved recently.)

Anyway, yeah. That's the short version of the story and about as much as I'm willing to share right now.
Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:06 pm
adic

Good to hear things seem to be going in a more positive direction for Plum... Hope it stays that way more often than not...

Looking forward to seeing what Sleep and all the other SFR guys have been working on...
Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:54 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

BIKE COP

i wish i could send this song to everyone on the planet , just fuckin upload it right into their domepiece on volume 11 #filmthepolice
Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:34 pm
Jesse Custer

I've never heard that song before. Does the chorus use the hook from KRS-One - Black Cop? If so, I would like to hear it.
Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:06 am
Captiv8

I was just thinking about ole Plum the other day. "More than three hats? That's getting carried away." So unbelievably funny.

I would also like some new Sleep material, with Zavala beats underneath. Maybe some Peegee 13 and Pale Soul thrown in just for good measure.
Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:47 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

That was a great article. Kudos to Curtis and the other people for answering those questions. I'm sure it was difficult but it certainly helped me understand the disease better.
Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:51 am
SFR announcement

Jesse Custer wrote:
I've never heard that song before. Does the chorus use the hook from KRS-One - Black Cop? If so, I would like to hear it.

There are two versions of it. One that he produced and one that Reanimator produced. You can hear them here:
http://strangefamousrecords.bandcamp.com/album/call-my-cellphone
Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:34 am
Captiv8

While perusing bandcamp to try and catch up with what the Oldominion fam has been up to, I came across this little three-song EP with Maulskull. It's for free AND it's really good.

http://blackmask.bandcamp.com/album/death-by-thr33s-vol-18-while-you-were-sl33ping

I figured this would be cool since Sleep is on the SFR roster, but delete if you must.

Edit: It seems The Chicharones put out a new record in June 2012. That seems to be the must up to date Sleep action available. If you're like me and you love everything the man does, that's relatively good news.
Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:38 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Been speaking with Sleep a lot.
He has a new album in the works and we'll be getting a taste of it soon. When he gets back from Texas we'll start figuring out what's what.
Excited.
Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next