Search
Register
RIP Ryan Dunn
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Limbs

Steve O is probably the only dude I root for from that group. Something about him always felt genuine.

I recently learned he made a hiphop album. Hah. I'll check out his book though.
Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:41 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Classic Steve-O having fun... This clip is great..

I saw a sober Steve-O on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon a couple months ago..
..he's a totally different person.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/steve-o-bookshelf-wrecking-ball-part-1-10-14-10/1254501
Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm
Disharmony

icarus502 wrote:

lol. So tragic.
Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:10 pm
anomaly
Loserface

'Jackass' Star Had 11 Drinks Before Crash

Fox 29 has learned the timeline of events leading up to "Jackass" star Ryan Dunn's deadly crash early Monday morning and that prior reports misstated his alcohol consumption.

Slideshow: Images From Ryan Dunn Story

Fox 29's investigative reporter Jeff Cole has learned from sources that Dunn had a total of 11 drinks over a four-hour period, and not eight, the number that has been widely reported.

Dunn had twice the legal blood alcohol limit in his bloodstream when he was traveling more than 130 miles per hour when he wrecked his Porsche in West Goshen Township, Pa., on Monday morning.

Dunn died along with his friend, Zach Hartwell.

Investigators have stitched together a timeline of the last hours of Dunn's life.

The timeline shows that at 10:31 p.m. a buddy opened a bar tab at Barnaby's Of America in West Chester. Ten minutes later, Dunn and Hartwell entered the bar.

The men stand around the bar and Dunn knocks down a beer and a shot.

Investigators, pouring through that bar tab, video from inside and outside the bar, cell phone pictures and interviews, have learned Dunn remained at Barnaby's from 10:41 p.m. to 2:21 a.m. when he's seen on the street in front of the bar.

Investigators have learned Dunn was served two Corona beers, which he poured into plastic cups, and six shots by a bartender.

The shots included Jameson Irish Whiskey, straight, and what's called a Pickleback, a shot of Jameson with a pickle juice chaser.

Investigators believe the two beers and six shots, served over four hours, brought Dunn's blood alcohol level to a BAC of .10.

That's above the legal limit to drive, but not enough to make Dunn, who investigators believe had a high tolerance for alcohol, appear visibly intoxicated.

It is why the bar will not be charged.

Dunn and his friends later retreated to a back table to talk. It's where fans approached and offered him drinks.

Dunn at first refused, but later accepted two shots including another Pickleback. Investigators believe he also accepted a beer from a fan.

Investigators think it was those final three drinks that pushed his blood alcohol level to a dangerous 0.196 by the time of the crash.

At 1:45 a.m., and it is last call. Dunn got up to leave Barnaby's at 1:55 a.m. He high five's the bartender, has pictures taken, uses the bathroom and emerges from the bar onto the street at 2:21 a.m.

A bar camera captured the scenes, sources tell Fox 29.

Dunn had not eaten during the entire time he's in the bar.

Investigators say Dunn and Hartwell climbed into the Porsche and stopped at a Wawa convenience store on Pottstown Pike in West Chester, where Hartwell got food while Dunn remained in the car.

West Goshen police have obtained video from the store's surveillance camera and their accident reconstructionists are looking at it.

Moments later, investigators say, with the affects of the alcohol numbing his senses, Dunn pushed his Porsche to 140 mph and crashed through a guardrail, skidding down an embankment and into a tree, bursting into flames.

The preliminary the toxicology from the Chester County Coroner’s office confirmed Dunn's blood alcohol concentration was .196. The legal limit in Pennsylvania is .08.

The coroner said there were no “drugs of abuse detected" in Dunn's system.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/%27jackass%27-star-had-11-drinks-before-crash-062411
Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:11 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

anomaly wrote:
The coroner said there were no “drugs of abuse detected" in Dunn's system.

I know what they mean but that's a hell of a way to end a report of this sort.
Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:56 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

Did someone die? I got distracted reading this thread by Alias' intense contempt for Jesse and forgot what the thread was about.
Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:59 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Seriously, what a poorly-written article. Who taught these people that every sentence needs a new paragraph?
Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:10 pm
anomaly
Loserface

the mean wrote:
Did someone die? I got distracted reading this thread by Alias' intense contempt for Jesse and forgot what the thread was about.

Please don't derail it again. Alias had 1 post for 5 of Jesse's.
Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:47 pm
Captiv8

Late last night I found myself in a youtube blackhole, just sucked into clips that started with Mitch Hedberg, moved on somehow to Penn & Teller, then to variants of NFL's greatest hits, and then, remarkably, to the MTV tribute to Ryan Dunn. It was around 5 in the morning here, and still I felt compelled to watch.

I'm glad I did. I think we can all agree that drinking and driving is stupid an inexcusable. Let's just get that out of the way. But what I saw in this tribute was a really great guy who everybody loved. Nobody had a bad word to say about the man, and it was obvious that he was deeply missed. I don't know any of the people in the Jackass crew, let alone Dunn, but I found myself moved. Call me a sucker, but I can't help but feel for the loss of a human life, especially somebody that seemed so genuine and good-hearted. What I think Dunn's death proves more than anything is that every person is fallible and fragile, that even the best of us make terrible decisions sometimes. Being self-righteous about Dunn's decision to drink and drive is on some casting of the first stone shit. Anyway, it was worth a watch, and it's there in it's entirety on youtube. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsAB8ITqRlU
Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:26 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10