Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

Reggie wrote:
sounds like someone has contracted Rapid Onset Adulthood

hahaha. I'm stealing this.
Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:42 am
Limbs

Just so someone doesn't start thinking I'm on some funny business my Deepak bashing was in no way related to this:

https://twitter.com/SageFrancis/status/268812926037680128

Just a super awesome coincidence! :)
Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:35 pm
DeadAwake

I watched about 30 mins of that debate and am not sure exactly how you connected what i said to what Deepak said. Perhaps, only with the fact that we both mentioned shortcomings in contemporary science>?

Im not trying to debate whether there is a "God" or not. That question is irrelevant to me.
Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:20 pm
Limbs

You both don't know what you're talking about. Spewing irrelevant/incorrect information to make pointless points. He doesn't know what he's answering and you don't know what you're asking.

Why is life hard? Because it wasn't made for us. So don't waste it on stupid schools of thought. Unless you're ok with thinking stupid things. Then just don't ask questions you can't accept the answers to.
Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:06 pm
Captiv8

I think these questions are, for the most part, worth contemplating. However, I think these are largely introspective things that should be considered personally, not publicly. The biggest reason for this is that you run the risk (and this is very much my impression of you, Dead Awake) of seeming like a misanthropic curmudgeon who's read a few books and can drop in the occasional vocab bomb. If we were friends, I would probably converse with you cordially, perhaps even humorously, about these topics over scotch and pizza, but we are not. In this message board context, it comes off as pseudo-philosophical and pointless. Why? Because there are no answers. These are extremely complex and convoluted questions that will be modified according to personal opinion, situation, experience, culture, religion, politics, and so forth. More importantly, the questions seem like fruitless exercises in pessimism. I, for one, don't really want to entertain shit like that. Sometimes life is good. Sometimes life is bad. Most of the time it hovers in a balance. It's all relative, and I accept that.
Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:34 pm
DeadAwake

Thats fair. I may not know anything of what im saying.

I agree, with what you say why life is hard. We are not the focal point of the universe. See, im not sure how you got from what i said, me asking "why is life hard?" So i am that out of touch with what i say. I am of the firm belief anything in life of real value is obtained through struggle or suffering. There will be pleasant and unpleasant things for every individual, and if its unpleasant it is hard to bare. Like Captiv8 said, they hover in the balance, like two flies who are about to land, to fuck on my eyeball, which i than will probably shoo away, with my eyelid or hand. If they burrow into my urethra to fornicate, maybe ill leave them there. Though i would have to be gentle, with the micro love suite, whilst the sex of receptive gentalia is in the period of accreting organic bodies of species of her own type. For if her abdomen were to be crushed a sprawling mass of juvenile delinquents would be exhumed from her backside womb into my penis womb, and from there unleashed into the external reality before they are able fend for themselves where they would shrivel into certain death. Unless, of course, they found their way to a moist batch of incubating compost to thrive within. This could be done by mounting the back of a hateful cockroach who may ferry them there or into certain death.

And maybe this type of thought is stupid. Dont think i dont think that from time to time. But i dont want to believe something is stupid just because it doesn't nurture my sensibilities. Which i do to an extent. Where's the realism at?

Perhaps your right Captiv8, about keeping this inside. Inside my head, inside my periodically, hermetically sealed hermits cavern where the flies find themselves in captivity, breeding upon my skin, where i have to capture them into smaller jails, in order to free them into the biggest jail. That is the one bigger, than the one bigger than the small one of momentary transition.

Pseudo-philosphy dealing with unanswerables? I thought philosphy, mostly, dealt with unanswerables, modified by a broad spectrum of life altering circumstances, which shape the subjective state of each individual? I just thought we could form a daisy chain of intellectual masturbation, with
a S&M flavour.

I can see now that this wasnt productive. You are the only one who wasnt facetious or dismissive and responded with a degree of sincerity. Respect is due. So, i come from a place of not smartness and i deserved the answers (opinions) i got, or lack thereof. Quarter-life crisis, well, now a bit over quarter-life. I'm happy for this thread to now subside.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am
Limbs

Don't let it knock you out the game, mayne. You're just talking in circles. You get that. Finish that debate vid and lets talk about how shitty Deepak is. Or something.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:47 am
Captiv8

I don't think keeping it in your head is the right thing, either. If you genuinely feel bothered by these things, to the point where you feel like it's distracting you and pressure is building up in your head, talk to someone you know about it. If you don't have/trust someone that is a respectful sounding board, see a therapist. That doesn't mean you're crazy. It's just someone you can talk to who will listen. And/or go to a Buddhist monastery. Honestly. If you can go on some kind of retreat and just clear your head for a week, I think you'll feel a lot better. I've done it, and it's well worth it.

And so we're clear, by pseudo-philosophy I meant something more like armchair philosophy. I don't think either of us, or anyone on this board really (with the exception of Sequence, who has AWOL for a few years now), is smart enough to make proper philosophical contributions to the world in an academic sense. I have read philosophy books, and I think I understand the big ideas, but I feel far from qualified to make impacting and meaningful assertions and conclusions about humanity. That doesn't stop me from trying, of course, but I'm probably rarely right.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:05 am
outpatient

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:09 am
DeadAwake

Captiv8 wrote:
I don't think keeping it in your head is the right thing, either. If you genuinely feel bothered by these things, to the point where you feel like it's distracting you and pressure is building up in your head, talk to someone you know about it. If you don't have/trust someone that is a respectful sounding board, see a therapist. That doesn't mean you're crazy. It's just someone you can talk to who will listen. And/or go to a Buddhist monastery. Honestly. If you can go on some kind of retreat and just clear your head for a week, I think you'll feel a lot better. I've done it, and it's well worth it.

I appreciate your concern. However, im quite capable of entertaining thoughts without losing a grip on myself. I have seen a counsellor before.

After that, I went through a period of assumed-reality, de-constructing psychosis, experiencing several phenomena of a paranormal nature and strange phenomena of an intense emotional character. I did go to a Buddhist monastery at that time and as you have reminded me i most definitely should revisit and thank them again for their support.

Through that experience, this incident, i probably have more subjective 'data' to make sense of than some people:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ugly-betty-actor-michael-brea-killed-mother-ornate/story?id=12236042
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:25 pm
Plum Puddin'

What paranormal stuff happened to you?

What strange phenomena?
Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:25 pm
Captiv8

That portion of the post escaped my attention. Indeed, what's the scoop? Also, what "subjective data" are you referring to? Going nutso and killing people? That is... worrisome, to say the least.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:30 pm
DeadAwake

Nothin you wouldnt have heard of before. Sorry, paranormal isnt the right word.

Vivid horrific images, sometimes of gruesome acts entering into me as closed eye visuals, these couldnt be my own. A compulsion to grab a knife to kill my family and myself, coupled with thoughts entering into my head, seemingly not my own. An intense burning sensation permeating my whole body, whilst i was hearing a peculiar "whoosing" sound at about three in the morning. A very palpable sensation of "phantom-hands" crawling up my neck. These were seperate events.

The whole period followed being around too much one of my ex-friends, who i believed, only after, practiced black magic. I stayed at his house a week. I had a vivid dream of him decapitating me, after that at least four to six months were coloured with intense psychosis. At one point his sister was a having a "conversation" with her cat, replying to things i was thinking in my head. Another time, he was taking meth one time and i had the feeling his teeth were my teeth, or that the meth he was taking was affecting/destroying my teeth. The day before i moved out he played The Crow movie and i heard a cackling not in the movie.

After that, i went once to visit and he and this other guy told me to listen to a song, what they played me was a series of high-pitched frequencies. Also saying non-sensical shit intentionally to fuck with me beforehand. Which afterwards the things in the first paragraph happened.

Heres more of the back-story of the ugly betty actor: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/michael-brea-bit-part-ugly-betty-actor-didn-kill-killed-demon-article-1.456954

BTW, my family is alive. Im not exactly sure what black magic is, but there is no doubt the instilling of a psychosis and deep fear in the victim.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:26 pm
Limbs

Sam Harris is a neuroscientist. And not the only one. You could look into neuroscience to find out a lot of information. Information regarding human brains. Which I'm pretty sure is what you are talking about.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:42 pm
Plum Puddin'

We all go a little mad sometimes...

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:34 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next