Search
Register
Dorner Done?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Limbs

Captiv8 wrote:
You're probably right about that, Reggie.

One thing that doesn't make sense to me is that Dorner didn't go after the people that he claims wronged him. I don't condone his behavior in any way, but since he was willing to kill police officers, why not go after the chief and the training officer he says kicked a suspect? This whole thing would at least be about direct revenge, as opposed to randomly killing people that had (presumably) nothing to do with his firing. The whole thing is mental, but I can at least see the motive in personal revenge.

All I can think is he went for the hurt.

There's some real fishy stuff about all this. I want to know more about what set him off.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:48 pm
Jack

Captiv8 wrote:
One thing that doesn't make sense to me is that Dorner didn't go after the people that he claims wronged him. I don't condone his behavior in any way, but since he was willing to kill police officers, why not go after the chief and the training officer he says kicked a suspect? This whole thing would at least be about direct revenge, as opposed to randomly killing people that had (presumably) nothing to do with his firing. The whole thing is mental, but I can at least see the motive in personal revenge.

It doesn't make sense because your trying to understand it logically and rationally. His actions and all that good stuff passed logic awhile ago and you would have to spend years having the dude open up to you to try and understand where his mind is at.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:40 pm
poopsnack

if you haven't read his crazy long manifesto, it is here - http://wap.myfoxla.com/w/main/story/84473837/
crazy long. The end part where he starts talking to celebs is odd.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:17 pm
Limbs

Wow thanks. Don't know how I missed that.

I have very conflicting feelings about this. I'm definitely not ready to pass this dude off as just a nut. Easy with that.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:24 pm
Reggie

DeadAwake wrote:
If you go into local PD's to question them as to what litmus tests they administer to gauge potential officers moral standing, volatility/reactivity, impulse-for-revenge and how they screen-for and weed-out these individuals of weak conscience, no direct answers are given.

"At best a disgruntled employee"... Really? One aspect is systemic racism which exists in the broader pool that is corruption inside the insitution. Now (and when Dorner was alive, if he's dead) is/was an invaluable opportunity for LA residents to take this seriously and push for transparency of the Police Departments activity. Because really, footage of police activity should be public property. So should anything that has restricted access which affects society at large.

Yes, but this has nothing to do with the systemic racism of the LAPD. It has to do with one officer's perceived mistreatment and firing, attempt to get re-hired, and then break with reality. If you try to champion this as 2013's "Fuck the Police," you're going to be very disappointed with the results. Because what you've got here, officially, is a crazy black guy.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:08 am
Captiv8

Jack wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:

It doesn't make sense because your trying to understand it logically and rationally. His actions and all that good stuff passed logic awhile ago and you would have to spend years having the dude open up to you to try and understand where his mind is at.

Well it does and it doesn't. Most crazy people don't know they're crazy, and therefore they are capable of rationalizing things that sane people know are beyond bonkers. They still have a sense of rationale; it's just distorted to own ideas of reality, i.e. the person that tries to cut out and remove the bugs underneath their skin. If there really was something crawling around under your arm, you might be inclined to cut that fucker out.

With Dorner, you have a man who is disgruntled, vengeful, and angry. But no longer capable of making rational decisions (again, within his own reality)? I don't think so. At some point it crossed his mind to kill someone. But he decided to act on it, which shows premeditation. It's not like he was fired, then pulled his gun on the captain. That would be purely circumstantial. So Dorner is thinking here, just not in a way that makes sense to just about everyone else. Now I've said all that to say this: if you decide that you are going to kill because someone wronged you, why not kill the person that wronged you? But he didn't. He killed at what amounts to random. That doesn't make sense, even for a crazy person. Unless he's a serial killer, but even then the killings wouldn't be random. All of this, in my mind, indicates that something is either very fucked inside Dorner's head, or something is amiss in this whole thing.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:56 am
tommi teardrop

His manifesto or whatever you wanna call it, is awesome. He calls everyone out from the Catholic Church to the NRA to his high school principal. Obviously he went about his grievances the wrong way, but he basically states that in his manifesto.

The disconnect between the way the medica talks about him and the way the public talks about him is crazy. I saw Mark Fuhrman (of all people) on Fox news talking about how it didn't make sense that this homicidal maniac would leave witnesses alove and not hurt his hostages. Like, you dumb motherfucker, he's not your average killer just killing for the sake of doing it. He had an axe to grind. The attempt to protray everyone like this as a sociopath or worse is frustrating.

Hopefully some journalist will really follow the leads he laid out and give this the attention it deserves. You had cops unloading on a mother and daughter for no reason. Then the tear gas starts a fire just like waco.

He, at the very least, made the cops look as shitty as he presented them to be.

I'll guess that the investigations into his allegations of racism and the police abuse by the LAPD are confirmed when someone other than the LAPD looks into it.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:06 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

He just wanted to clear his name.

He got fired for being a whistle-blower in a detainee-abuse situation.

I'm glad to see that California is re-investigating the case that led to this.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:57 pm
PatrickBateman

It's so damn hard figuring out what to and what not to believe about this story. The fact that he was fired for reporting police brutality makes me furious. The face that he killed someones daughter in order to get revenge makes me so damn sad. Most of all, I'm left confused. I don't really understand the point at which someone loses the right to a trial. After a bit of interneting, I still couldn't find anything definitive.

Can someone clear this up for me? What's the legal point at which it's legal to declare someone fit to bomb, burn, drone or shoot on sight?
Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:51 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2