Search
Register
the usual TV thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

O2K
SFF has a stalker.

Anyone watching Bates Motel?

I just started, it is not bad. It is essentially a "what made Norman Bates so crazy" show.
Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:05 am
ROTTY

Captiv8 wrote:
ROTTY wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:
Anyone else interested in the upcoming Netflix show, Hemlock Grove? Eli Roth is involved in some capacity. I watched the trailer and it looks like they're desperately trying to cash in on American Horror Story's popularity. There also appears to be some blatant Twin Peaks co-opting going on, along with your usual blend of unfounded, semi-mythical gypsy lore, the 'scared teen in the woods' trope, and a healthy bit of animal shapeshifting thrown in for the Twilight kids. All of that said, I'll probably check it out just to see what the score is. I'm banking on either pure trash or cult-level awesomeness.

I just saw the trailer. I agree with your thoughts. Very cliche ideas in there. It looks way too pretty and i wish they would stop doing that with tv shows.....trying to cater to the abominable generation....I want grit and ugly! But yes i will try the first 3 episodes and see what kind of stink i get from it then.

That's it, man. It's like they slapped on the sinister but still sleek and sexy veneer of Once Upon a Time. Fuck that. Give me a horror program, recurring weekly, that makes me shit myself. Ruin children's dreams kind of programming, you know? Fucking yuppies.

Worst tv show i have seen for a long time. I wanted out 3 episodes in but felt compelled to watch and see if there was a glimmer of improvement. Acting is awful and the accents....shitwow. Skarsgards accent was the worst.

So many gaping plot holes. You get no answers to the plot until the last 2 episodes and even then they are a let down and dont really make sense.

What a load of bollocks!
Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:37 am
Captiv8

Man, that is a crushing condemnation. I've still not started it, as I've been engrossed in The Killing and American Horror Story, and now I don't think I'll even bother. Super pumped, however, about the return of Arrested Development.
Post Wed May 08, 2013 4:22 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

the killing is returning for a 3rd season this summer , a new murder, surprised me, hope they dont ruin it, part of me wished they just wouldve left it as is
Post Wed May 08, 2013 8:52 pm
ROTTY

Captiv8 wrote:
Man, that is a crushing condemnation. I've still not started it, as I've been engrossed in The Killing and American Horror Story, and now I don't think I'll even bother. Super pumped, however, about the return of Arrested Development.

Yeah probably a good decision not to bother. I wish i hadnt...but its just my opinion.

Very excited about arrested developement...It flashed up on my Netflix as a reminder yesterday. 17 days to go.
Post Thu May 09, 2013 7:07 am
mancabbage

Neuro wrote:
the killing is returning for a 3rd season this summer , a new murder, surprised me, hope they dont ruin it, part of me wished they just wouldve left it as is

weird, i thought it could have finished at 1.5 seasons, i enjoyed the characters though so will tune in
Post Mon May 13, 2013 4:39 am
Brynjar

Under The Dome getting huge ratings, anybody checking it out?
Post Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:33 am
Captiv8

Been checking out two new showd of late.

The Bridge has the potential to be absolutely amazing, but it could go either way. Diane Kruger was a great choice for the female lead. Very quirky and neurotic, though I think the show overemphasized her issues in the second episode. And Demian Bechir is incredible. I like that the show really pushes the US-Mexico disparity, both in terms of crime and immigration. Definitely seems that way.

Orange is the New Black is also pretty good. I like the back and forth between the inmates and their pre-conviction lives. The humor is also a nice change of pace from your typical prison setting.
Post Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:45 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

3rd season of The Killing is pretty great, not sure where its heading and this season is about over, im thinking they might make this another 2 season mystery, but, anything can happen at this point, so many twists and turns, whats and ifs, they really know how to get the viewer stumped on this show
Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:42 pm
xGasPricesx

Brynjar wrote:
Under The Dome getting huge ratings, anybody checking it out?

It had a pretty promising pilot but has pretty much been shit since. It's fallen back into all the worst cliches of broadcast network dramas. The dialogue is horrible, there are huge plot holes everywhere, the people in the show act in the most insanely irrational ways, and the tension about the dome itself has slowed down to a glacial pace in favor of a "threat of the week" format which compounds all the other problems. It had a promising start, but especially now that CBS saw the big ratings it seems like they are taking a show that was originally just supposed to be a summer mini-series and are now trying to stretch it out into multiple seasons. I haven't watched tonight's episode yet, but a lot of reports from SDCC where they showed the newest episode have been saying it is pretty bad. Even worse, the newest episode was writtent by Brian K. Vaughnn, so if even he can do some serious course correction, I don't think there is any hope for the show going forward.
Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:02 pm
ROTTY

Fargo mini-series is happening and it is starring Billy Bob Thornton.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38351

I love Fargo so i hope this does is as good.
Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:40 am
ROTTY

More good TV news that many of you may or may not already be aware of but Trailer Park Boys will be making a return with anoher movie and series.

I hope it is as good as before besides i need my Mr Lahey fix. I miss that character so much.

Unfortunately the series will not feature Phil Collins as he passed away during the making of the new movie in April of this year. RIP Richard Collins.
Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:43 am
Brynjar

Hot damn the new Justified season looks like it's gonna be good with Michael Rapaport as a bad guy. Justified has the best witty/cleaver dialogue put on "film"
Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:03 am
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

The trailer park boy movies always kinda sucked :( Also nervous about the upcoming season, but I hope it's good.

and yes. RIP to the Mustard Tiger.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:52 pm
ROTTY

Juan wrote:
The trailer park boy movies always kinda sucked :( Also nervous about the upcoming season, but I hope it's good.

and yes. RIP to the Mustard Tiger.

I liked one of the movies but still no where near as good as series. The trailer is out now and it looks like Mr Lahey alcoholism has caught up with him. His character was one of the best things about the show. I don't want him to be a sickly alcoholic.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:01 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next