Search
Register
Wake up.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

"The Army Corps of Engineers has awarded a contract worth up to $385 million for building temporary immigration detention centers to Kellogg Brown & Root, the Halliburton subsidiary that has been criticized for overcharging the Pentagon for its work in Iraq." Taken from the NY Times

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- KBR, the engineering and construction subsidiary of Halliburton Co. /quotes/zigman/228631/quotes/nls/hal HAL +0.03% , said Tuesday it has been awarded a contingency contract from the Department of Homeland Security to supports its Immigration and Customs Enforcement facilities in the event of an emergency. The maximum total value of the contract is $385 million and consists of a 1-year base period with four 1-year options. KBR held the previous ICE contract from 2000 through 2005. The contract, which is effective immediately, provides for establishing temporary detention and processing capabilities to expand existing ICE Detention and Removal Operations Program facilities in the event of an emergency influx of immigrants into the U.S., or to support the rapid development of new programs, KBR said. The contract may also provide migrant detention support to other government organizations in the event of an immigration emergency, as well as the development of a plan to react to a national emergency, such as a natural disaster, the company said. This is from Market Watch.

Note how the first reference even makes mention to the over charging for military contracts.

I suppose you could argue, that they're actually there in case of some crazy rapid immigration like the article said. That would also mean that you'd have to believe Halliburton. Or course there's the "or to support the rapid development of new programs" part... whatever that means.

Or you know if there's a national emergency. Like Pearl Harbor. So I suppose I could use history as a reference also.

And while thinking about this I keep in mind the signing of the NDAA of 2012 which allows U.S. Armed forces to engage in civilian law enforcement suspending due process and habeas corpus.

And while I do agree that law enforcement should make a show of force if a bomb goes off somewhere. I do not agree that the constitution should become null and void in the event of such.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:57 pm

In December 2011, President Obama signed the 2012 NDAA, codifying indefinite military detention without charge or trial into law for the first time in American history. The NDAA's dangerous detention provisions would authorize the president and all future presidents to order the military to pick up and indefinitely imprison people captured anywhere in the world, far from any battlefield. The ACLU will fight worldwide detention authority wherever we can, be it in court, in Congress, or internationally.

This is taken from the ACLU website.

Like I said the information is out there and if you do enough research and stand far back enough to see as much of the big picture as can.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:14 pm

angrymushroom wrote:
27 wrote:
Don't take my word for it guys... just do some research. It's all out there. Halliburton built a bunch of concentration camps. They do not dispute this. The NDAA of 2012 allows the military to detain citizens indefinitely in the event of a rebellion.

Where is your source for this because I can't find one. Don't cite anything from prisonplanet.com, naturalnews.com, or infowars.com.

27 wrote:
Many people believe the Boston Marathon bombing was a false flag attack as a sort of test run to see how quickly Martial Law could be implemented and if this is true I'd say the test was successful. I distinctly remember seeing armored vehicles and troops in full combat gear moving about the streets instructing people they could not leave their houses.

Many people have issues dealing with tragedy and resort to outlandish theories. Yea, they can come out quickly when a bomb goes off in a major city. Does that surprise you at all?
27 wrote:

And if you do your research you may come to a hypothesis. Mine is that there's going to be another terrorist attack on U.S. Soil and it will be on a much larger scale than 911. Maybe the Hoover Dam for example. And those in power will blame it on an enemy within and then comes the police state. Again don't take my word for it...

I won't. Believe me.
27 wrote:

Go read about William Cooper who was a former Naval Intelligence officer. I believe in June 2001 (I could be wrong about the month) he said that something big would happen --- an attack --- and that it would be blamed on Osama Bin Laden but that he would not be the one behind it. He was shot dead on November 2001.

Oh yes, the late and likely insane William Cooper. Have you read about why he was shot? Of course you think there was a grand coverup.

I'm not claiming to draw any conclusions about Bill Cooper. I'm just saying he was obviously an intelligent guy having worked for the Naval Intelligence Agency. That he loved his country obviously.. he was awarded multiple medals for Valor in combat. Bill Cooper claimed to be a constitutionalist and not affiliated with any political party. He believed to side with a party was to have an agenda. I never once got the indication he was crazy. Maybe you could show me a source for that. He did speak on some interesting subjects that I encourage people to check out. Make up your own mind.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:30 pm
angrymushroom

You are tooootally taking things out of context.

So temporary immigration detention centres = concentration camps (as you put it)?

Also, it is no secret that the United States is notorious for sending people away for too long but what the hell does this have to do with concentration camps?

You are taking a bunch of random information, misconstruing it, and then connecting dots that don't even make a picture.

On Cooper, he was also a man who thinks AIDS was made to control the population; in addition, he was probably mentally ill. For example, "As Cooper moved away from the UFOlogy community in the late 1990s and toward the militia and anti-government group subculture, he became convinced that he was being personally targeted by President Bill Clinton..." See: http://books.google.com/books?id=LiwjVsNBw-cC&pg=PA60#v=onepage&q&f=false

No I do not encourage people to spread nonsense because it creates problems. I was just at the park and overheard little kids talking about the Illuminati and skull and bones in a conspiracy context. Scary.

Last edited by angrymushroom on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:31 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

angrymushroom wrote:
AIDS was made to control the population.

It was made, by the Christian right-wing, to control the gay population... disguised as free Hepatitis shots.

27 told me.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:39 pm

they're also to support the rapid development of new programs. So in other words not just immigration detention centers.

Have you seen what these places look like? If there were really going to be used for an influx of immigrants half of mexico would have to come storming across the border.

All you keep saying is that I'm wrong but you're not providing any evidence to support that.

At least I can show that there's huge detention centers and legislation has been signed that would allow the Government to put us in there.

I'm just saying that this shit is possible. And I think everybody knows that Tyrants have been known to take positions of power and when they do shit get's fucked up.

Just because we're America doesn't mean the people in charge are immune to the corruption that power brings. I'd say anyone who thinks those people "our elected officials" are working for anyone but themselves is nave and it doesn't matter which party you vote for, they're both working towards the same goal.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:50 pm
angrymushroom

Wait a minute 27. You are the one stating the improbable and are asking me to provide evidence to disprove that? Anything is possible? This is the beginning to the end of any moderately logical discourse.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:57 pm

And of course people are going to take shots at how absurd it all sounds. But nobody's discredited what I've written here.

You can say 9/11 was an inside job and people call you crazy. But when you tell them there was Nano Thermite discovered during clean up it's like they don't even hear it.

If you talk to any good detective and they'll tell you where there's such a staggering amount of coincidences it usually means bull shit.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:03 pm
angrymushroom

27 wrote:
But nobody's discredited what I've written here.

I disagree. You don't see sanity the same as I do I guess.
27 wrote:

You can say 9/11 was an inside job and people call you crazy. But when you tell them there was Nano Thermite discovered during clean up it's like they don't even hear it.

False. That is simply false! There was no nano-thermite there. That was simple enough. I really don't want to hear it because it is nonsense.

27 wrote:

If you talk to any good detective and they'll tell you where there's such a staggering amount of coincidences it usually means bull shit.

I'm not going to go on and on with you because every time I do this to myself (debate nonsense) I want to punch myself in the face after.

The truth is NOTHING I am going to say will make you believe different. If I quote physicists you will tell me they are in on 'it'. Whatever 'it' is to you.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:26 pm
angrymushroom

27 wrote:

Look at the coincidences that made life on earth? A good physicist will tell you a large amount of coincidences usually means a coincidence happened.

Here is a scholarly paper on pattern seeking: http://www.drjudithorloff.com/Free-Articles/Psychiatric-Annals-Brains-Seek-Patterns.pdf
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:35 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

weigh cup.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:38 pm
redball

27 wrote:
And of course people are going to take shots at how absurd it all sounds. But nobody's discredited what I've written here.

The problem here is that we have discredited these things. They're pretty thoroughly discredited. Maybe you should do your homework and find the old threads where we've discredited this shit, rather than expecting us to do the work to discredit it all over again. Open your eyes, use the search feature, browse the Hall of Fame. It's the path to enlightenment.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Amen says the motherfucking choir. haha. I love when Redball goes in.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:50 pm
Plum Puddin'

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:28 pm
pedavis

i wish i could just pull Plum from my pocket and have gifs on-hand for all of my life's circumstances.

things would be a whole lot more awesome. and life is pretty awesome already.

well done, Plum.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:32 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next