Search
Register
BREAKING BAD : Final Episodes
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

mancabbage

get the fuck outta here with that lost bullshit, they made hours worth of nonsense about a love triangle and the rest seemed like they'd hit random on wikipedia and try and tie whatever came up into the plot somehow.. Show was shallow garbage with no pay off.

BB characters were never 1 dimensional, i mean even game of thrones, which is great - these guys are 1d, you got the baddy, the loyal guy, the innocent princess who gets her hands dirty to become a badass, the sneaky guy, some tits and a rap battle midget.

Breaking bad, man.. those characters had mad depth - Anna gun was crazy good as skylar, everyone was perfect really. Loved it.

Would have been awesome to see Walt jr drop the crutches and do the usual suspects walk off whilst walt was spying on him, turns out 'louis's house' was walt jr's own personal meth lab & he's been far more successful than walt. Hundreds of millions under the house. Then sneeze. fade to black. fin. Well not really, but on some dvd extra vibe would be cool

Loved todds death, even after all that bloodshed ... waaaaoooooow mr white!.. Eat shit son, boom.

nothing more need be said between jesse & walter. perfect, never seen a better show. Sopranos was great, but this was amazing
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:58 pm
tommi teardrop

I guess I don't watch these shows for payoff. Walt gets Lydia. Jesse gets Todd. Awesome.

I don't know. Breaking bad was really entertaining, but it was pretty much just serialized drama. It had its great episodes, like the one where Walt and Jesse get stuck in the desert and when they hunt the fly, but a lot of it was just ohhh, what bad thing is Walt gonna do next? How is Jesse gonna fuck this one up? Hank is getting closer.

It was really good compared to shows like sons of anarchy or the shield, but compared to a show like Mad Men, it just doesn't even compare. Mad Men is about so much. Breaking bad is about what? Power? Transformation, as the commercial claims?

5 minutes of Jin and Sun being reunited and dying made me feel more than 6 seasons of breaking bad.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:11 pm
tommi teardrop

desert penguin wrote:
Honestly, tommi, you should be laughed out of this topic for bringing up Lost. Seriously, bro? And Mad Men is just a soap opera set as a period piece. Don Draper is AMC's answer for people who don't find Walter White attractive enough to watch on screen for an hour every week.
no, Walter White is amc's answer for people who think watching people talk in an office building in the 60s is boring. Moar guns and drugs pleez!

Seriously though, I'm a huge breaking bad fan. It is not close to the best tv show ever though.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:33 pm
desert penguin

Well, as long as we can agree that both Mad Men and Lost suck. ;)

I get what you're saying, tommi, and I want to agree, but I just don't believe that a television show has to double as some grand essay on society to be great. In fact, I think it's better in general if they don't. Documentaries do that much better, anyway. It can be kind of cool getting a stylized history lesson from shows like Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire, but historical accuracy doesn't make a television show any better than it already is. (Fictional) Storytelling trumps all in my book, and I don't think a show did it better or more consistently week to week than Breaking Bad.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:04 pm
Alan Hague

Loved it; a well-done ending.

EXCEPT I would've preferred to hear Dylan's 'It's All Over Now, Baby Blue' instead of the corny song they actually used.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:07 pm
desert penguin

What I don't get is why Vince Gilligan was making a fuss about people rooting for Walter White only for him to present an ending where Walt gets pretty much everything he wants. Y'know, aside from dying and how Walt Jr. feels about him.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:09 pm
tommi teardrop

That's a part of what I'm talking about. There was nothing challenging about the way the plot played out. And a lot of it was just bullshit.

Jesse is free? Free to what? Live his life as a recovering addict who has no family or friends and whose last two loves died because of him? Jesse getting away is just some bullshit to satisfy fans. The bad guys die. Everyone gets their revenge. Skylar and Walt jr. will get their money. Hank will get his proper burial. The neo nazis die. And Walt is a criminal legend.

It felt like this would be the show to go all the way. Kill Walt's family and leave him alone in the cabin. Or let him get away and say fuck morality altogether. But it ended with a nice pretty bow on top and we go, yeah! as Jesse kills Todd and Walt dies in his happiest place, the lab.

For a second thought Walt was finally get high on his own product.

And no I don't think a show needs to double as a grand essay or anything, but if you are going to rely on plot twists and action while ignoring larger themes and character development, then it better come really hard.

This was sons of anarchy esque.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:29 pm
tommi teardrop

Alan Hague wrote:
Loved it; a well-done ending.

EXCEPT I would've preferred to hear Dylan's 'It's All Over Now, Baby Blue' instead of the corny song they actually used.
you rippin on Badfinger, bro? Blasphemy.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:02 pm
poopsnack

I loved Uncle jack's death. "Don't you want to know where you money is?" BLAM! Fuck you.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:25 pm
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

I agree with Tommi that Breaking Bad was good but not great television. While the acting was across the board phenomenal, the writing too often relied on deus ex machina to resolve plot points and character dilemmas, which after awhile stretched my willingness to suspend disbelief.

In terms of building suspense, though, the show was unparalleled. And Bryan Cranston is an acting god in my book.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:18 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

leave it up to the sfr forum to start discrediting this great show now, wtf
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:20 pm
AdamBomb

Sage Francis wrote:
In a surprise twist of events (as far as what I've been harping on about for the past two seasons,) I'm not even mad that Walt Jr's crutches were not kicked out. And that's not even because of the finale. It's because of this special guest appearance at my Pasadena show...

I damn near shit myself. She was going on and on about my music and all I could think was, "Oh my God, are you serious right now? Todd did you DIRTY in the second to last episode!"

ahhhhh man. Aye. Twas a good night. I'm still giddy over here.

That is awesome.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:52 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

I don't know too many other shows that pay attention to detail as much as this show does though. The symmetry of a lot of the scenes is just crazy.

I enjoyed the finale, but I just feel like it could've been sharpened up a bit. Like we all knew the Stevia was going to happen, but instead of changing the camera angle and making it obvious I think it would've been more effective just to have the phone call of her dying take place as more of a surprise.

Or when they showed his contraption he made in the desert, I instantly knew it was going to be used to spray some nazis, so it was no surprise when it happened.

I enjoyed the story, definitely not hating.

And I think Mad Men is a good show, but Lost doesn't belong here other than maybe season 1. I feel worse about watching all of the Lost episodes than I do about watching all of Dexter.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:06 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

everybody knew about walt using the gun for the last showdown, but it seems like none you care about the trunk gun contraption he built and used, i thought it was really fucking awesome, and another great way to the end series , with a walt invention that took out the whole nazi gang and ultimately ended his own life.

also the jesse crafting metaphor that happened and how jesse mastered the art of cooking and made the blue even better than walt did, thus walt being a proud teacher when dying

it ended beautifully
period.
and im still in awe, and about to watch the whole series again
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:11 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

I don't know if you watched Talking Bad, but there was a scene they took out earlier in the episode where Walt ran into another former student while he was in town and he asked the kid "Was I a good teacher?" Which kinda goes along with the proud teacher moment
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:35 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next