Search
Register
NFL and College Football 2013-2014
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Captiv8

The Giants, Bucs, Pittsburgh, and Jacksonville all look atrocious. I don't remember this many winless teams in one season, this far in. I'm not surprise by Tampa or Jacksonville, but both the NYG and Pittsburgh have better squads than their records reflect. I've never thought Eli Manning was an elite quarterback, and thought his two Super Bowl wins were more luck than skill, but I expected him to do better than this. He can't lead the team for shit. Woes at running back don't help either. I'm also not a Roethlisberger fan by any stretch. I'm thinking they're probably the most likely to salvage this year into a non-embarrassing season. That's contingent upon Le'Veon Bell's success, of course, and because he's a Spartan I'm wishing him the best.

In fantasy news, mzehe and I have had one hell of a matchup. I was in the lead, then he took over by a huge margin, then I pulled in close before taking the lead, and now he's ahead by 7 with all his games complete. I have one last go tonight, thankfully with Julio Jones. Matt Ryan better get him the ball non-stop, though all I really need is a touchdown and 40 yards. I thought I was sunk since I have Peyton Manning and Mark has Eric Decker and Wes Welker, but I've somehow hung tough, thanks in now small part to the awesome reliability of Matt Prater and the KC defense. And the fact that Aaron Rodgers had another subpar week. I never would have played Romo over Rodgers, and that's the weird lucky/unlucky dynamic of fantasy football.
Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:25 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Today's Patriots game was unfuckingbelievable.
HOW did the Saints fuck that up so bad at the end? It was a forgone conclusion that the game was over. On what was thought to be the Pats' final drive, Brady threw an interception. And then somehow the Saints forgot about clock management or something? I mean seriously...I want to credit Tom Brady for that miraculous win because he's da gawd and all, but the look on Payton's and Rob Ryan's face at the end of this game was mostly their doing. I think so anyway. Still can't believe it.

And to those who think that Brady is left to do almost everything on his own...

http://1o983vok8t81oeev33de64c8nq.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/EdelmanBlowsOffBrady.gif

You're right.

Lastly...
Hey, Gronk! Get out of the Dunkin Donuts commercials and onto the field already.
Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:20 pm
Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

I can't stop laughing at this.
 photo BradyLeftHanging_zpsd56ca609.gif

Killer sweater bro
 photo BWfzLzmCAAAtwyB_zps5aadd4d8.jpg
Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:50 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

hahaha man. He's seriously one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game. For him to be operating on the levels he operates on at the age of 36 is amazing. But being married to a supermodel will do funny things to you off the field.
Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:15 pm
Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

I agree. He's a very talented QB who's getting the job done with less then a full supporting staff. I'm interested to see how the next few weeks continue to pan out for them. Being a Vikings fan I'm... Ahh... This season is over... Go Lions! haha
Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:45 pm
Captiv8

I'm going to put Tom Brady in the category of the Innocent Douche. Here's a guy that puts so much into football he really has no idea how much of an enormous tampon he off the field. And that's fine, because the one thing that people will really remember is how he's continued to be successful with a broad variety of players. The fact that the Patriots are winning this season with all of the injuries and debacles. And despite trading away the best slot man in football. Having seen Brady pull himself up to a starting position at Michigan, and then rise to the occasion after Bledsoe went down has been truly amazing. Great football player; totally douchy person.
Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:45 pm
AdamBomb

Captiv8 wrote:
I'm going to put Tom Brady in the category of the Innocent Douche. Here's a guy that puts so much into football he really has no idea how much of an enormous tampon he off the field. And that's fine, because the one thing that people will really remember is how he's continued to be successful with a broad variety of players. The fact that the Patriots are winning this season with all of the injuries and debacles. And despite trading away the best slot man in football. Having seen Brady pull himself up to a starting position at Michigan, and then rise to the occasion after Bledsoe went down has been truly amazing. Great football player; totally douchy person.

First off, I am a Saints fan...and the wounds are still fresh. What a great game. Though, would have been better if the Saints didn't blow through a series of downs like it was a race.

But I have to say, I know multiple people who have met Brady in person and said he is about the nicest guy you could ever meet. My neighbor worked as a chef at a hotel that the Patriots stayed at last time they came out this way. She said that she can't bring herself to hate the Patriots because of how personable, nice and generous they were. Namely, Brady was nothing but cool and a nice dude. So...just because he looks like a 80s high school movie jock quarterback villain and wins at life, he apparently is a good dude.
Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:52 pm
Captiv8

I need to clearly define Innocent Douche. The Innocent Douche is not obnoxious, invasive, disruptive, or smelly. They are actually very nice people by conventional standards of courtesy. They do, however, clothed in douchery. Their haberdasher, as it were, is Douche McDoucher & Sons. Thus, the Innocent Douche conveys an air of douchery around them, a force counteracted by their otherwise pleasant demeanor. They are literally cloaked in douchebaggery in the form of designer sweaters, Ugg boots, and other model-like paraphenalia. If they have a butt-chin, the Innocent Douche somehow becomes more douchey. Again, only in air, not personality.

Compare to the full-blown Mega Douche, who is an asshole to everyone all the time, i.e. Kanye West.

Also, as a fun fact, Ugg was a company that used to be exclusively for men.
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:47 am
sewer samuel

Captiv8 wrote:
I need to clearly define Innocent Douche. The Innocent Douche is not obnoxious, invasive, disruptive, or smelly. They are actually very nice people by conventional standards of courtesy. They do, however, clothed in douchery. Their haberdasher, as it were, is Douche McDoucher & Sons. Thus, the Innocent Douche conveys an air of douchery around them, a force counteracted by their otherwise pleasant demeanor. They are literally cloaked in douchebaggery in the form of designer sweaters, Ugg boots, and other model-like paraphenalia. If they have a butt-chin, the Innocent Douche somehow becomes more douchey. Again, only in air, not personality.

Compare to the full-blown Mega Douche, who is an asshole to everyone all the time, i.e. Kanye West.

is innocent douche worse though? cuz they don't know they are being douches. at least mega douches know that theyre being douches and just dont give a fuck.

on another note, i can't believe its already week 8 of the NFL season. its kinda sad that its half over. its been great so far.
Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:30 pm
redball

Tom Brady has enough talent to lead a team of chumps to a 5-2 record. Are we talking about what we think he's like off the field because we can't talk shit about him on the field?

With that said, I hope he has another bad game this week so I can stay atop SFF fantasy football. It was also nice to see the Jets pull out that win, regardless of what you think of that rule. Pats fans lost the right to complain about bad rules 2002.
Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:46 pm
Captiv8

I have nothing but respect for Brady on the field. The guy worked his way up to the starting position at the college and professional level and earned championships. That's how it should be. A lot of QBs that just get the starting position right away simply can't hack it, or at least not for long.

Anyway, absolutely insane game between the Lions and the Cowboys. My God... The first half was snooze-worthy, but the second half escalated quickly. And that's why you never give up. I literally shat myself (just a little; excitement got the best of me) when Stafford pulled the ballsiest of moves with an apparently fake spike that he transformed into a balletic touchdown. Serious chutzpah. And he was throwing some daggers earlier in that drive too, to both Durham and Johnson. Speaking of which, how about the second-most receiving yards ever in a NFL game, as well as a team record, for Johnson? Dude is unbelievable, for both the team and you sly fantasy owners.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:45 am
Limbs

Go Lions. That was a huge win. Calvin is unbelievable. Stafford throwing a dime to Durham. I'm not hating what I'm seeing.

Brady is the best I've ever seen and shows no signs of slowing down. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play another 5 years at a high level.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:28 pm
Captiv8

I really thought that Seattle was a serious contender until Monday night's game against the Rams. Their o-line was atrocious, letting Wilson get sacked seven times. I'm not sure what the deal with Lynch was. And the only managed 14 points, and really only won because for some reason the St. Louis coaches decided to go with the passing game when it mattered most. This was so perplexing, since St. Louis really established the running game. In fact, it seemed like everytime the Rams mounted a nice drive by using Stacy and Richardson, Clemons would throw a pick. So mind-bogglin. At any rate, 14 points against the lowly Rams was not impressive, Seahawks.
Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:49 am
Limbs

The Rams defense is really good and the Seahawks didn't have either of their starting tackles.
Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:24 pm
Captiv8

I do not accept that. Every team has to play through injuries. The fact of the matter is that Seattle looked inept. If you know your tackles aren't in top form to change the playbook accordingly. The Seahawks only won this, in my opinion, because for some reason Jeff Fisher tried to use the passing game to get into the endzone in the final series of plays. Why, when the run game was so effective already?
Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:03 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next