Search
Register
Young MC - Stone Cold Rhymin'
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

MP3D
Straaaange FAMOUS!

Young MC - Stone Cold Rhymin'  Reply with quote  

stumbled upon this on spotify and thought i would give it a revisit. this was one of the first cassette tapes i bought as a kid but haven't listened to it in 20 years. there be some JAMS on this record!!! Like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oSAAhRrx-U

blast from the past. happy friday.

Last edited by MP3D on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:46 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Re: Young MC - Stone Cold Rhymin'  Reply with quote  

MP3D wrote:
stumbled upon this on spotify and thought i would give it a revisit. this was one of the first cassette tapes i bought as a kid but haven't listened to it in 20 minutes. there are some JAMS on this record. Like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oSAAhRrx-U

I was hoping you were going to post this song. I have always, always, always loved that beat. I think about it every time people mention this album. I never noticed it before but he kind of raps like a mix of Special Ed and Biz Markie on this track.

Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:49 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

FRESH
Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:54 pm
tommi teardrop

One of my first rap tapes. I pretty much just played the first 5 songs over and over. The first rap lyric I was really geekier about was I think the first line on the whole tape.

"I come off, just like the clothes on hooker, and I could fly like jimmy superfly snuka, like a shuttle goes up into outer space, people's hands go up when I aim to their face."

I thought that was hard as shit when I was 7. This and "He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper" were my shit.

I think Young MC won the rapper edition of the weakest link back in 01 or so. Last I've heard from him. I remember thinking he was a legitimate genius when he first came out. I'm not sure if I invented that or if he was actually marketed as a super smart dude. Either way, Young MC ruled.

Just looked at his wiki and totally forgot he wrote wild thing and fcm for tone loc.
Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:12 pm

Jump to: