Search
Register
Sage "press conference" video. Pure catharsis
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

SFR announcement

Sage "press conference" video. Pure catharsis  Reply with quote  

Spin article: http://www.spin.com/articles/sage-francis-copper-gone-world-tour-video-pressure-cooker/?utm_source=spintwitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=spintwitter

Direct video link: http://youtu.be/VWO6RPOYwHM

WRITTEN BY Chris Martins
May 12 2014, 1:08 PM ET
There's a thing that happens, on Facebook in particular, when you're an artist and you announce a tour. The inane questions begin even before the excitement does: "No love for [insert passed-over state here]?" or "Are you gonna play any of the old, good stuff?" or, possibly seriously, "Why don't you play my porch?" Sage Francis preemptively answers all of those burning queries in the hilarious clip above. Therein, the Rhode Island MC announces his upcoming North American tour (plus a whole bunch of European dates) via a press conference that spoofs the aforementioned phenomenon.

If you've ever been a music fan on the Internet, you'll appreciate the man's response. But the Jay Brown-directed clip also contains another gem for members of the Cult of Francis: a significant portion of "Pressure Cooker," the barn-burner of an opening track from Sage's June 3 album, Copper Gone. Produced by Doomtree beat-beast Cecil Otter, the song features the MC in top form, growling out his piece over Rick Rubin-esque guitar blasts and brooding production. "They say anger is a gift," Francis raps. "I'm very gifted." Indeed, the video's 3:25 mark suggests as much. Dig in above, and stream "Vonnegut Busy" below.

Last edited by SFR announcement on Wed May 28, 2014 11:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Mon May 12, 2014 12:59 pm
DeadAwake

Your fans be crazy, O Bearded One.
Post Mon May 12, 2014 7:36 pm
Captiv8

Even people from Detroit don't have love for Detroit, so don't feel bad.
Post Mon May 12, 2014 7:51 pm
Disharmony

Rap game called. Sage picked up.
Post Mon May 12, 2014 10:05 pm
Limbs

Pressure cooker sounds nuts.

You can really tell you made this alone in your house. I know what you mean about Life not having your sound. This is that sloppily pasted together sage we all fell in love with. The charmingest of slop.

But, like you do, it's not actually sloppy at all. It sounds really good and clean.

Did I make any sense?
Post Mon May 12, 2014 10:32 pm
anomaly
Loserface

I just watched that 3x. I'm liking Pressure Cooker. I need to preorder this album already
Post Mon May 12, 2014 10:32 pm
smake

Pressure Cooker sounds insane. Reminding me of the harder material on AHD, like Buzz Kill. Copper Gone is going to blow me away, I know that already.
Post Tue May 13, 2014 2:28 am
Plum Puddin'

That was some funny shit.
Post Tue May 13, 2014 6:22 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

"...reason why: my accountant let me know... I can't leave rap alone..."

I laughed out loud.
Post Tue May 13, 2014 9:50 am
PatrickBateman

Man.. When you get done touring, please, more videos. I'm sure you've heard it before, but I have a secret fantasy of seeing you do the Joe Rogan podcast. That's right. Secret fantasy.
Post Tue May 13, 2014 10:09 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jesus Frank

Yeah, Sage on any of those podcasts would be awesome... Rogan for one (Mac Lethal and Immortal Technique were both on there last year, surely someone in that circle must be familiar with Sage as well) but I'm also feeling like Sage and Marc Maron might have a really good conversation, there's a lot of obvious common ground on the DIY tip as well as compulsions to authenticity, personal expression, confrontation, even the love of cats, etc etc, and that's just on the surface level... After a 60+ minute WTF-conversation, who knows what else... A Strange Famous podcast (however regular) would be cool as well, like someone said in another thread.
Post Fri May 30, 2014 2:52 pm
xGasPricesx

I definitely second Sage going on WTF, I think that could get very interesting. For whatever reason I also really want Sage to go on Doug Loves Movies with "Mark Wahlberg" and "Werner Herzog", I just feel like he could bring some great stuff to the table to really make that conversation great. (For any non-listeners of DLM, those names are in quotes because they are played by Daniel Van Kirk and Paul F. Tompkins, respectively. If you've never heard it before I recommend seeking out some of the episodes with either one of them in it.)
Post Fri May 30, 2014 3:32 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Captiv8 wrote:
Even people from Detroit don't have love for Detroit, so don't feel bad.

Speaking of "copper gone"...

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/the_rapid_deterioration_of_detroit_according_to_google_street_view
Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:32 am

Jump to: