Search
Register
In here we talk about our day
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

poisonfree

I was able to hustle up a down payment and get an FHA loan at almost the lowest part of the economy so I lucked out. FHA only requires like 3.5% down which was like 6000 on a 160k loan. The hardest part was writing the letters explaining I did freelance computer work to get the dough.
Your real estate person works for free and gets paid by the close, so any fees thatpop up they should be able to roll I to the loan.

also: I had zero credit. None. I had to print out all my bills for the past 2 years and keep updating them every few weeks. (My house hunt took 13months)

Now I'm renting it. I need rental tips. Tenants are moving out and I'm considering using a property management company. But I'm scurred.

(Forgive typos, cellular posting)

jakethesnake wrote:
We bought a loan through this program 9 years ago:

http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/rd_loans.html

There are some stipulations (it has to be designated rural area, certain loans are limited by income levels, etc.) but it seemed like a program genuinely dedicated to helping people get housing. Most of the people we worked with at USDA-RD were awesome.

We were first time home buyers and there is no down payment. At the time, I had a temp job and my wife had a part time job and we had a kid. So if we can get approved I'm sure anyone can.

http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/HAD-Direct_Housing_Loans.html

Also, Frozen is a solid flick and me and my wife watch it together sometimes without the kids. We're old now.
Post Wed May 21, 2014 6:05 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

anomaly wrote:
Neuro wrote:
the other night i saw BLUEPRINT and Count Bass D , they actually came to my town in florida which is SUPER rare

been thinkin about that show a lot since, it was just what i needed, both killed it for what it was, which it was such a weird location for a show IMO

been reading Blueprints book the making of adventures in counter culture and its givin me a whole new perspective on that album, i already liked it, but 100 times more now

RESPECT THE ARCHITECT

They're in Houston tonight, in Ft Worth tomorrow (Wednesday). Playing a small venue down the street from my work. Seen Blueprint about 5 times now and he's never disappointed. Looking forward to it

Also, yes, that book is pretty good. Read it a couple times; wish it was longer sometimes

I had the pleasure of seeing Blueprint live a few years ago... can't say I was a fan of the album he was touring for but god, that guy can rap. I love those moments when I'm reminded of how awesome rap is. Like "Oh yeah, this what a talented rapper sounds like. This is how an MC rocks a crowd. This is why I fell in love with this shit."

Today should be a good day. Work is dead quiet, so I'm putting time in on a book review on Rashid Khalidi for a summer class I'm taking, dipping out early to catch the US / Belgium game at my friend's bar, then heading down the block to see Seez, Prolyphic, Dolan, and Sage.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:57 am
Captiv8

crash wrote:
anomaly wrote:
Neuro wrote:
the other night i saw BLUEPRINT and Count Bass D , they actually came to my town in florida which is SUPER rare

been thinkin about that show a lot since, it was just what i needed, both killed it for what it was, which it was such a weird location for a show IMO

been reading Blueprints book the making of adventures in counter culture and its givin me a whole new perspective on that album, i already liked it, but 100 times more now

RESPECT THE ARCHITECT

They're in Houston tonight, in Ft Worth tomorrow (Wednesday). Playing a small venue down the street from my work. Seen Blueprint about 5 times now and he's never disappointed. Looking forward to it

Also, yes, that book is pretty good. Read it a couple times; wish it was longer sometimes

I had the pleasure of seeing Blueprint live a few years ago... can't say I was a fan of the album he was touring for but god, that guy can rap. I love those moments when I'm reminded of how awesome rap is. Like "Oh yeah, this what a talented rapper sounds like. This is how an MC rocks a crowd. This is why I fell in love with this shit."

I was fortunate enough to see Blueprint with Atmosphere a couple of years ago. His albums have been inconsistent for me, though I always liked the chemistry between him and Illogic. Anyway, the man clearly knows how to work the crowd. His skill just takes over when he's on the stage, and you can tell he's a man who genuinely loves what he's doing. He's one of the few artists who seems to perform better live than in the studio.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3