Search
Register
What is one thread from here that you will remember forever?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Flossin

It is a good thing.
Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:01 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

xGasPricesx wrote:
Haha, man, I totally forgot about that one. Lots of crazy opinions being thrown around there. I wonder if icarus's kids ever asked him to get them a dog, and what that conversation was like if they did.

They get dog time at their inlaws. I promised them when we buy a new house, I'd consider letting them have a dog. Then I changed my mind.
Post Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:56 am
xGasPricesx

icarus502 wrote:
xGasPricesx wrote:
Haha, man, I totally forgot about that one. Lots of crazy opinions being thrown around there. I wonder if icarus's kids ever asked him to get them a dog, and what that conversation was like if they did.

They get dog time at their inlaws. I promised them when we buy a new house, I'd consider letting them have a dog. Then I changed my mind.

Well at least they get some dog time. And not that I'm one to tell anyone how to handle their business, but dogs were such a huge part of my childhood it's weird to think what it would have been like without at least one. Granted, I also grew up in a smaller ranching community, so dogs served several purposes out here besides just companionship, although they are very good at that too, especially for a young child who is out exploring the great outdoors. Seriously though, they do require some maintenance, but with proper training they can be really amazing and depending where you live can also help with other things, especially protection if you get the right breed.
Post Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:13 am
xGasPricesx

Story time about the awesomeness of dogs: When I was really little, about 1 or 2, my parents got this Rottweiler/German Shepard mix named Mackenzie. Mackenzie was extremely smart and fiercely loyal, since we had also grown up together she was very protective of me as well. We trained her as a therapy dog so she spent a lot of time in children's hospitals and all the kids always loved her, she was incredibly sweet. She also knew tons of tricks including opening the fridge and grabbing you a bottle of water or soda or whatever, and she knew how to open the back door so she could let herself out to go to the bathroom without even needing a doggie door. These are just a couple of the many, many tricks she knew.

Anyways, one day when I was around 8 I had taken her out to explore the desert with me as I often did. After awhile of being out there I came across two slightly older boys from down the way, I knew these kids and they were kind of the asshole trouble maker types, think Jimbo from The Simpsons. At first they acted like they wanted to play games with me but it quickly turned into bullying, Mackenzie caught on to this pretty quickly but she wouldn't act unless there was a clear physical threat. Well at one point one of the kids pushed me to the ground, and it was clearly not a playful push, so without hesitation Mackenzie ran at the one that pushed me and tackled them by jumping and pushing her front paws against their shoulders. Once she had the kid of the ground she started doing a quiet but very menacing growl while showing off her big and sharp teeth. After a couple seconds of that, once she knew she had asserted her dominance and gave them a proper warning, she stepped off and the kids ran away and actually never messed with me again.

I really miss that dog, she really was something special, although I've had plenty of other dogs that I love very much, she was always my favorite. Unfortunately as she grew older she started getting very bad arthritis and developed a couple large tumors. We ended up having to put her down on my 13th birthday after she hadn't eaten for a whole day (she would always eat 2 big meals a day before that, even towards the end) and she lost her ability to stand up at all that day so she was just pissing right where she was laying and couldn't even move herself out of it. It was sad, but it was clear that she was in so much pain that it would have been cruel to selfishly hold on to her for even one more day.

That was also the day when I became convinced that euthanasia should be legal for humans with terminal diseases, it never made sense to me after that that we could put animals down when they are clearly in extraordinary amounts of pain and won't be getting better, but we make humans suffer through it till the bitter end.
Post Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:00 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

Inedible Condiment wrote:
I talked to a bunch of forumites over a web-based golf game. Very macho male-bonding-y. the mean, I'm coming for those Blue Jackets tickets one day!

I forgot about that game. I bet they have quite a bit more courses available at this point.

Whenever you are in Columbus (or New Jersey,) I'm sure I can hook you up.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:24 am
Jesus Frank

xGasPricesx, Iíd hate for that story to go without a response, thanks for telling it.

My family had a very special cat named Max that went the same way, he was getting old but I'll never forget the one morning when I found him miserably trying to drag himself through the hallway, slowly and with piss underneath him. It seemingly happened overnight so I was horrified and could only try to be there for him, opened the door to show him he could go out if he wanted to but he just looked at me with sadness in his eyes and couldnít do it. It was heartbreaking. I laid down next to him and didnít care at all about getting piss on me, it was just about having that last moment with him before he'd have to go later that day. It's one of those things you have to prepare for about pet animals but really you're never ready. Peace
Post Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:57 pm
shambhala

I'm rollin with the Hugo Chavez thread from a million years ago. In retrospect I said some things that I wouldn't say now, and when he died I wound up in a lengthy and very intense online kerfuffle where I played the opposite side of the field. But this to me stands out as a good example of one of the high points of SFR Crossfire melodrama.

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33667&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Christ, having a lengthy permanent record of your youthful arrogance and foolishness is truly, truly a harsh toke sometimes.

PS SUP YALL
Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:06 am
shambhala

PPS message boards >>>>>>> open source social media

took a perusal of some old moments here to truly appreciate that. everyone tries to fuckin' brand themselves on the internet now, it's deeply grueling and not very human. plus1 to the late 00's SFR scene, good shit.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:09 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Man I read that thread and no one gets my jokes, but I still laugh at them today. Not much has changed in that respect. Also, I think 1/4 of the people in that Chavez thread have the potential to be not real people, but I don't think that detracts from the discussion too badly.

Hi shamb. I recall you went to Bhutan for some work thing and then ended up in India. That actually got me interested in taking a trip to Bhutan, it's on the bucket list. A lot of people have influenced me in ways they will probably never know but I try to tell them so when I can.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:44 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

shambhala wrote:

Christ, having a lengthy permanent record of your youthful arrogance and foolishness is truly, truly a harsh toke sometimes.

PS SUP YALL

Ha ! No shit I hear that ..... what an embarrassment I was to myself....smh

Edit. And this stupid Damn screen name wtf was I thinking!?
Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:20 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

mortalthoughts wrote:
shambhala wrote:

PS SUP YALL

Ha ! No shit I hear that ..... what an embarrassment I was to myself....smh

Edit. And this stupid Damn screen name wtf was I thinking!?

Would you rather still be BluntedInMichigan?
Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:26 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

Sure. I guess. It's a little bit less stupid then this one
Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:51 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

Nah, bluntedinmichigan was stupider.
Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:23 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

I'm iny 30s now I've been smh going through my old posts 😢
Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:04 pm
Dan Shay

shambhala wrote:
I'm rollin with the Hugo Chavez thread from a million years ago. In retrospect I said some things that I wouldn't say now, and when he died I wound up in a lengthy and very intense online kerfuffle where I played the opposite side of the field. But this to me stands out as a good example of one of the high points of SFR Crossfire melodrama.

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33667&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

PS SUP YALL

I stand by what I was saying but god damn I was annoying
Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:52 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next