Search
Register
Twin Peaks
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

emynd

Twin Peaks  Reply with quote  

I just copped the first season on DVD the other day and have several things to say about this shit.

1. It's hot.
2. Is their a second season? Is it worth watching?
3. What's up with that "Fire Walk With Me Movie"? IS that shit worth seeing?
4. This shit is hot.

I can't believe this show was actually popular at a grand level. I mean, shit, my mom used to watch it and she's totally not into anything as weird or as challenging as "Twin Peaks." How the eff did that happen?

-e
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:47 pm
Awww mn

the first season is great. the second season however is greater, longer, weirder and better in bed.

they have it on vhs only though. i am sure your local video store has it.
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:58 pm
emynd

Hot, thanks.

Is the really cute little highschool girl from the first season in the second season? I want to have casual marriage with that one.
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:01 pm
Awww mn

are you talking about donna hayworth?

if so, yeah you will see her more. the first season was rill short, like 7 episodes, due to being picked mid season. the second season was a full season and has twice as many episodes. they also became more surreal and creepy.
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:12 pm
Billy No More

Holy shit I fucking love Twin Peaks. Best TV show EVER. I was thinking of starting a thread on this myself. I've been downloading the second season recently and I'm about half way through. It's definitely worth getting hold of.

I bought Season One and the Movie on DVD, but I was waiting for Season Two to come out. Then it was announced that it wouldn't be released, due to lack of interest (hence the reason I started downloading). Although, now I've heard rumours that they may release it afterall, I wish they'd make up their minds and release it already.

Last edited by Billy No More on Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:33 pm
Rhino

The prequel to David Lynch and Mark Frost's TV series Twin Peaks, Fire Walk with Me delves deeper into the investigation by FBI Agent Chet Desmond into the murder of waitress Teresa Banks and follows Laura Palmer in the week before her murder.
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:08 pm
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

Emynd, I can't believe you even asked if the second season was worth watching. Twin Peaks, is by far.... BY FAR, the greatest non-sitcom television show in the history of television. If you throw sitcons in there then you get messy with the simpsons and a few others... but those aside, it's the best show ever. Ever. EVER EVER EVER. Watch it again and again and again and again.
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:52 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
2b
SHAKESPERIAN ACTOR

I believe David Lynch did the T.V. series directing as well which is why it was so good. If you haven't checked out other films by him, I suggest pretty much all of them:

Eraserhead
The Elephant Man
Lost Highway
TP: FWM
Dune
Blue Velvet

Some twisted material, I was a teacher's aid for a class that watched all his films and analyzed them, it was interesting. You should watch these. Enjoy Emynd, and congrats on that Comp you're on that's coming out soon.
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:43 pm
Jesse

twob wrote:
I suggest pretty much all of them:

Eraserhead
The Elephant Man
Lost Highway
TP: FWM
Dune
Blue Velvet

DO NOT SLEEP ON WILD AT HEART!!!!

--

Twin Peaks is the serious joint. Melissa and I haven't got to the second season yet, but we made sure to see the pilot (although it was the oddly mangled Euro version) first and then sit almost directly through the whole first season (she got me the DVD collection for my birthday) in two days.

It's such a great combination of charming and unsettling!

Other excellent TV series you might not expect:
Northern Exposure (I've heard St. Elsewhere is also good but I haven't seen it)
Buffy: The Vampire Slayer (I know, it obviously sucks, right? That's what I thought. Wrong.)
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:52 pm
MeAndHim

How is Lost Highway, anyway? I cant find t in any videostore, and I was wondering if its worth buying. I liked Fire Walk With Me, and the show, but Mulholland Drive was fucking weak. Let me know how it is
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:27 pm
Krang
THE ORC BREATH

Speaking of which, one of the greatest parts of the simpsons is in a flashback where homer is watching twin peaks

*scene of guy dancing with a horse under a tree that has traffic lights hanging from it*

Homer stands up clapping: "brilliant! brilliant!"
In his head: "i have no idea what's going on"
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:33 pm
duke_city

The Twin Peaks TV show passed me over at an age I was too young to get into it. I guess I should check them out now though.

Lynch really screwed up with Dune though, thats the one movie I bet he never made.

Brian
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:11 pm
Jesse

MeAndHim wrote:
How is Lost Highway, anyway? I cant find t in any videostore, and I was wondering if its worth buying. I liked Fire Walk With Me, and the show, but Mulholland Drive was fucking weak. Let me know how it is

If you don't like Mulholland Drive, chances are you won't like Lost Highway.
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:59 pm
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

Wild At Heart is my favorite Lynch film. Twin Peaks was only directed by Lynch a few times here and there, it was not something he had his fingers on the whole time by any means at all, that is a myth. He co-write it with mark frost, and Frost never gets the props he deserves.

Also, Dune sucked.... Mullholland was my favorite film of that year and The Lost Highway is interesting, but for me, the metaphors are so personal to Lynch that I can't decipher them in the least, and to me, that is a flawed film.... way too personal for something put into every movie theatre in the country... but thats just me.
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:22 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jesse

SneebDotCom wrote:
Wild At Heart is my favorite Lynch film.

Same here, and also my girlfriend's. Represent!

Quote:

Also, Dune sucked....

Okay, if I remember correctly (which I probably don't), Lynch did Dune reluctantly as part of a deal to get the backing to do... Elephant Man, maybe?

Quote:

Mullholland was my favorite film of that year and The Lost Highway is interesting, but for me, the metaphors are so personal to Lynch that I can't decipher them in the least, and to me, that is a flawed film.... way too personal for something put into every movie theatre in the country... but thats just me.

I more or less take them like Aesop Rock or Noah23 lyrics - I don't need to turn over every rock and know what everything means absolutely (although I don't mind revelations or shared insight), I just take them as impressionistic works and deal with what they evoke that way.
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:49 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next