Search
Register
female friendly fun?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

welcome to my world.

a world where drugs and drinking at the afterparty results in fights and police involvement,

no thanks.

It's really more of a place of refuge than it is an after party, but fuck it...for all intensive advertising purposes it is an after party. Just don't have fun there.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:59 am
MessiahCarey

I think it's dope that if Sage doesn't want pot or alchohol around this place he has the balls to say so...so many don't and just sit there uncomfortably while others act the fool.

But on the other hand, I will be consuming as much pot as I can that day - but BEFORE I get to the party. Heh.

Pot doesn't make people belligerant, which is nice when compared to alcohol. It's obviously more stinky though...although I think most non-smokers think it smells better than cigarrettes...anyone agree/disagree?

Peace,
Shane
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:09 pm
la raquelita

always a pleasure  Reply with quote  

I think it is funny when people compare and contrast the different qualitites of drugs. I think they're all the same, granted some have different effects on the body and mind, but they are very similar.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:19 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I disagree whole heartedly.

The different affects cetain drugs are very apparent from an outsiders view.

I'd rather hang out in a room full of pot heads than in a room full of dunks.

any day.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:25 pm
Reggie

Re: always a pleasure  Reply with quote  

la raquelita wrote:
I think it is funny when people compare and contrast the different qualitites of drugs. I think they're all the same, granted some have different effects on the body and mind, but they are very similar.

I disagree with this--in fact, I will go so far as to say it is completely erroneous.

Most people I know that do not smoke pot, even those who are vehemently anti-marijuana, love the smell of it burning. In fact, only two people I know dislike the smell, and I think they're afraid of it. One of my friends buys pot without THC so he can smoke it (increasing his cool factor) and smell it without getting high.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:26 pm
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

that was possibly the most immature critique of mind altering substances I've ever heard from a non elementary school student.

Messiah---you off probation? No more pee-pee for a fee-fee?

hope so----if not , looks like the local Providence GMC will be getting some buisness soon.
The liquid toxic blocker, if used right, has worked for me and a couple of freinds who had to pee for work purposes. I've also heard of this stuff that you actually put in the pee-cup. My mans and them swear by it.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:03 pm
caligula

i dont smoke pot, and it does smell pretty good, much much better than cigarettes, better than cigar smoke, but not as good as pipe tobacco smoke.

and heres my input about pot and alcohol. there are definitely people who should not drink, because it gives them mood swings or makes them angry and belligarent (<-wow that is some bad spelling). ive never met someone who i thought shouldnt smoke weed because it affected them in a bad way.

as for myself, i just like to hang out when i ma drinking, im pretty damn mellow.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:09 pm
MessiahCarey

infidelone wrote:
that was possibly the most immature critique of mind altering substances I've ever heard from a non elementary school student.

Messiah---you off probation? No more pee-pee for a fee-fee?

hope so----if not , looks like the local Providence GMC will be getting some buisness soon.
The liquid toxic blocker, if used right, has worked for me and a couple of freinds who had to pee for work purposes. I've also heard of this stuff that you actually put in the pee-cup. My mans and them swear by it.

Off probation baby...no more whiz quiz for me.

Word.

Peace,
Shane
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:13 pm
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

congrats.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:18 pm
la raquelita

disagree all you like  Reply with quote  

ouch...

I am in middle school, thank you very much.

When I'm not under the influence I would prefer not to hang out with anyone that is on something. I don't feel as though I'm not really talking to the "real" person if they are on drugs, so I find it pointless, and for me the outcome is always the same... hence the note I wrote earlier.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:28 pm
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

I didn't really "disagree" with you. Your assesment was obviously coming from a perspective that is inexperienced, and uninformed.

Now that I know that you are in Middle School, I'm really glad that you are inexperienced and uninformed. Keep that up.

peace
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:39 pm
caligula

Re: disagree all you like  Reply with quote  

la raquelita wrote:
I don't feel as though I'm not really talking to the "real" person if they are on drugs, so I find it pointless, and for me the outcome is always the same... hence the note I wrote earlier.

depending on the person they may actually speak more honestly if they have had some to drink or smoke.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:48 pm
la raquelita

judgements  Reply with quote  

I'm 21 years old.

Think what you will, but I am neither uninformed nor inexperienced (okay, maybe a little inexperienced). I've had some fucked-up (and not so fucked-up) personal experiences with drugs and people in my life that were involved with drugs.

I think that hesitation in conversation due to sobriety is part who a person is. When drugs lower inhibitions that does not reveal what a person is really like. I think it is sort of a cop out to say that drugs bring out a person's true personality.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:57 pm
MessiahCarey

I find this interesting. This is a great discussion.

My contribution:

Honestly - when I am lit I can sort out my thoughts and concentrate quicker(not necesarily better, but definately quicker). I get more done, and I stay more focused, so it's easier to convey introspective views to others - simply because of my added quickness in finding the words I want to find (and I can freestyle well...but writing becomes a chore)

Then as I get higher, I typically go the other way...I think more, and I'm just as introspective, but I tend to communicate it less. (I can't freestyle for shit, but writing becomes easier than before).

And, in case you can't tell - I've thought about this before. ;-)

I see what you're saying though when you say that if someone is apprehensive to speak, then that's who they are. But I'll add fuel to the fire by saying that people change...some people WANT to change, and drugs (including alcohol) can be a good catalyst to that change (whether the change is good or bad is an entirely individual phenomenon based on many societal factors seperate from the substance itself).

It goes beyond how easy it is for someone to "open up" when they're high...it goes deeper into what they think about themselves and the world they're in. I would say that the reason why drugs are illegal in the U.S. is:

40% financial
30% effectual (I will explain in a minute)
15% health
15% stigmatic

Obviously, those are numbers I made up - and they can be easily disputed, but allow me to explain:

Financial
---------

Most drugs can be produced at home with the proper tools, all of which are fairly cheap. Thus they can not be taxed, and therefore are useless to the Empire.

Effectual
---------

According to most research (official when it was allowed and personal experience), people under the influence of weed, LSD, mushrooms, and to a small extent alcohol, tend to question things around them more. My speculation is that this is either due to trying to understand if one's own feelings are a result of the substance, or a result of actual circumstances. Either way, the end result may be a different perspective of what you normally assess on a daily basis. This will undoubtedly result in challenging opinions you may have previously had (or, more accurately, been programmed with). "They" don't really want this, because you might realize that just about every aspect of what happens all day to you is a giant sham to get you to buy their shit. Heh.

Health
-------

Depending on the substance, drugs can vary from deadly (heroin) to innocuous (LSD) from a health perspective (meaning the actual substance's affect, not getting high and running in front of a truck...y'know?). Most of them have health detriments, as does most of the vegetables, meat, and other more synthetic ingestables we consume on a regular basis. The problem exists in that, while it is outlawed, nobody is going to be trying to scientifically develop safe versions of these drugs. Also, as mentioned in the "effectual" portion of my weak-ass essay, persons are known to reassess beleif structures and whatnot while under the influence. This can result in anxiety attacks - unless you understand WHY you're having the attack...at which point you will relax (in my experience).

Stigmatic
---------

Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

Peace,
Shane
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:39 pm
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

what we do and do not think that drugs do is a topic of non-conversation.
It is impossible to reach a conclucion that goes beyond the same old opinion volley. it is like talking about the after life in real, definative terms. I'm sorry that you have not had the very positive, enjoyable experiences that I, and many others have had, while involved in mind altering substances. That is just something that you will have to experience vicariously in movies and novels.

Don't have fun at Sage's after party.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:41 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next