Search
Register
is lif crazy?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Is Lif going overboard with the statements he makes on his new ep?
yes
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
no
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

Beat Reporter

is lif crazy?  Reply with quote  

lif makes some pretty big statements on his new ep, especially on the lead single. makeshift patriot made some too, but i think sage's comments were grounded a little more in reality. sage talking about media's involvement, blinded patriotism, us globalism and things that are relatively obvious to the clear thinking student of life. lif goes into areas that sound like they came from a conspiracy theory website: we bombed the towers to get the mid east's oil, we started anthrax to get more momentum for the war, etc, etc.

so i guess i wonder how much water lif's rhymes hold? i know that the us wants the oil in the mid east. we hate having to depend on countries like iraq and iran for oil. and as far as oil is concerned the axis of evil countries are rockin all the gold. but i can't see gw (or his administration for that matter), as stupid as he is, orchastrating planes crashing into the wtc/pentagon. i see gw as a stupid, smiling, sometimes ruling with an iron fist, texas nut who just does what his advisors tell him and goes hunting. he wants to be a man's man, but he's just not smart enough.

so, back to the title of this thread, is mr. lif crazy?

(ps-this thread is dedicated to messiah)
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:14 pm
the incredible ticktalk

man you rock the mic-rascope
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
caligula

whats the name of the song in question so i can check it out...
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:17 pm
Emseeyi

the song is called "home of the brave"...the beat is nasty.....nasty as in wack....lif's done better instrumentally..the beat ruins the song...
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:19 pm
Reggie

Less than 10% of oil used in America comes from Middle Eastern countries.

I think Lif brings something interesting to the table. I've heard it before, and I don't want to believe it, but I'll be damned if I discount it. Bush is the perfect patsy, though, he uses that Gerald Ford shtick to the fullest. You know Gerald Ford, the guy who fell down a lot and talked like he had Down's Syndrome. He was also on the Warren Commission to examine the JFK assasination, he is still a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Rockefeller-funded Bidlgerger Commission. Also, don't forget the lovable moron is fluent in eight languages and Spied on the FBI, for the CIA, for an unknown number of years. The goofball is also a 33rd degree Freemason, for what that's worth (not much.)

I can pretty much guarantee that the Anthrax scare was domestically engineered.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:21 pm
dabinduppes

I think that if you we are merging into a "one world government" then terrorist plots would make sense if you want to tighten security against the "evil ones". Ultimatley we all will pay w/ our civil liberties. Its like the OKC bombing, the same was said about that situation.
good stuff...i feel smarter already

I think the real conspircy is how Lif got his dreads to do what they do......HHMMmmmm...
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:26 pm
Beat Reporter

true, most oil we get does not come from the mid east, but am i right in thinking that the most oil in the world is located there? and i know we've had an eye on that deposit forever.

i like the points lif makes on self expression and freedom of speech at the beginning of the first verse. the jfk sample is great. its true we live in an era when speaking up means shipping out (see bill maher).
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:29 pm
Wallet Inspector

I can't really say whether or not Lif is crazy... but I can say that his older shit is much much better. I wish he would have stuck with battle rhymes and what not instead of going political after signing to Def Jux. However, I still dig the new EP and i'll be at the Record Release Show in Boston tonight!
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:49 pm
Beat Reporter

me too. i'm bringing my little brother, his first hip hop show.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:02 pm
Wallet Inspector

Yea for people who haven't heard, this is Boston's first all ages hip hop show. This is cool in a way, but we'll see what I think by the end of the night.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:08 pm
MessiahCarey

Reggie wrote:
Less than 10% of oil used in America comes from Middle Eastern countries.

I think Lif brings something interesting to the table. I've heard it before, and I don't want to believe it, but I'll be damned if I discount it. Bush is the perfect patsy, though, he uses that Gerald Ford shtick to the fullest. You know Gerald Ford, the guy who fell down a lot and talked like he had Down's Syndrome. He was also on the Warren Commission to examine the JFK assasination, he is still a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Rockefeller-funded Bidlgerger Commission. Also, don't forget the lovable moron is fluent in eight languages and Spied on the FBI, for the CIA, for an unknown number of years. The goofball is also a 33rd degree Freemason, for what that's worth (not much.)

I can pretty much guarantee that the Anthrax scare was domestically engineered.

Reggie...the 10% oil thing is true.

But what you're forgetting is that even if the U.S. doesn't use the oil, U.S. multinational oil companies (and in turn, eventually Bush...) still benefit from selling it to other nations.

33rd degree freemasons are no joke though...when you get to that level you can cast fireballs...Heh.

Peace,
Shane
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:23 pm
JOEYBEATS

Check this..  Reply with quote  

The anthrax scare was put into motion to boost the stock of the medication that is supposed to prevent it.

Also...the US should not sweat oil anywhere else in any other part of the world. We have one of the largest ponds in the world in Alaska. That's the whole messed up part.

My mother's ex boyfriend (my ex boss as well) was a 67 degree mason; he is friends with Geroge Bush sr. I worked for his paving company in Boston. Whenever it would rain we couldn't pave so I cleaned the inside of the mason's lodge downtown. I was in the grand lodge -everywhere; I saw some pretty cool stuff. I even helped cater a few of their events. Long story short, I don't think the masons of today have much to do with the conspiracies of the elite. Most of the masons I met are guys who most resemble all of your fathers: normal, daily job, weekends off, live in the burbs with their families type guys. Just my three cents.

Joe.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:51 pm

MessiahCarey

Well...

The thing about masons is how potentially powerful the group COULD be.

Masonic conspiracy theories are weak, and only mildly entertaining anymore.

67 degree mason? That's fucking unreal.

I think you're right on point with the whole Cypro thing.

Peace,
Shane
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:05 pm
dabinduppes

Your right , for the Masons are a "do-gooders" club. Its the members ties with CIA and CFR that start to get interesting.....the JASON group, knights of Malta, and the Vatican are all great things to read up on for the Illuminati minded...quite entertaining
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:39 pm
MessiahCarey

dabinduppes wrote:
Your right , for the Masons are a "do-gooders" club. Its the members ties with CIA and CFR that start to get interesting.....the JASON group, knights of Malta, and the Vatican are all great things to read up on for the Illuminati minded...quite entertaining

Last time I started reading into that stuff, I didn't leave my apartment for 2 months.

Entertaining can turn into scary right quick if you start thinking anything is real...

...even if it is.

Apply that 10 fold and you have most of the population.

I understand what I'm saying.

- Tarzan
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:15 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next