Search
Register
El-P or Aesop Rock
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Satyre

I guess we can forgive you, but you are still a poser!!!
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:56 pm
HipHopJunkie

Ok satyre  Reply with quote  

So if i use big words and act like i know what im talking about, then will i not be a poser...I pray to you hip hop god satyre...please forgive me.
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:20 pm
LORD.GOMES

aesop rock is just a genius... so is el-p his production is one of a kind and so is his mic skills...
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:22 pm
Satyre

First off...I never claimed to be a hip hop god...It's just the fact that I know you and know how you are...Hmm...What else??Big words???Just because I wasn't in slow-kid classes at Warren Derek...
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:28 pm
HipHopJunkie

Dont get shitty i was just fuckin with you lol...and when have i ever claimed to like somethin that i didnt jsut because someone else did??? if that was the case i would like system of a down, POD, Box Car Racer, and anything you guys like that i dont....but you got shitty over a joke. Why would i talk shit in a message board??
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:31 pm
Satyre

box car racer?that's not me pal...and i know you wouldn't talk shit over a message board b/c you know i'd fuck you up....lol... :), it's all gravity
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:38 pm
HipHopJunkie

.  Reply with quote  

If i dont tlak shit to your face why would i do it in here???
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:38 pm
Satyre

Re: .  Reply with quote  

HipHopJunkie wrote:
If i dont tlak shit to your face why would i do it in here???

Good point there...Bye.
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:40 pm
WhatNot

Ace or Lp ?  Reply with quote  

I like em booth, I won't front and say that they are on my top mc list ... Infact they are far from qualifying, but they are both ill in there own rights.... El's style is a hit or miss for me, either he comes up with some bangin beats and doap lyrics or leaves me reaching for an asprin ........ Aes is the same, I'll be hanging off his everyword like in float or i'll be like what the fuck is the guy saying.
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:42 pm
daniel door

ddasd  Reply with quote  

el-p is an amazing producer no question and his skills as mc are good but not great, i'm not really a fan but i can't deny that he's one of the best. aesop is just an amazing lyricist, daylight and nightlight are great examples of his abilities as a writer. his words are though provoking and emotional. no regrets gives me the oddest feeling each time it's over, i cant decide how to feel about her because i should be sad that she's dead but at the same time happy that she lived life on her own terms; that's an amazing track. if aesop's production making keeps improving he'll be even better. also he's a great performer at shows, gives out good energy.
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:16 pm
MF Briks

my opinion.......well lets see....i like both El-P and Aesop as MC's. I still think Aes is a better MC.....El-P is a sick ass producer.....they both got there own talent....at least give 'em some credit for some of their shit they've accomplished....but fuck it people got their own opinion....it's called freedom of speech, somebody should tell Mr. Dubya up in the white house what that is.....anyways that's my opinion
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:31 pm
futuristxen

I can't really speak for a bunch of El-P's material, cause I love Cannibal Ox, but more for Vast Aire and not the production, but Last Good Sleep and Step Father Factory are two songs that are amazing in their honesty. And I will be picking up Fantastic Damage soon, cause I also liked T.O.J.

But Aesop on the other hand is one of my favorite emcees/writers. His style is unique to me in that it is very big picture, like I can't go up to most paintings and tell you stroke for stroke what each one means usually, but stepping back and taking it as a whole I can see a picture and have an interpretation based on that. I really take Aesop as kind of a lyrical painter, his imagery is amazing, he just crafts these elaborate scenes in your head, and he keeps coming back and using diffrent elements from his other works, Daylight is still my shit, I put that in I have to hit repeat on that track at least 5 times, I don't know if I will ever get sick of that song, it always means something to me, and then he goes and does Nightlight...

So in closing I'm not going to pick one over the other, I will say Aesop's work has had more of an influence on me, but I live in a world where they both can coexist and I can place both of their albums next to my modest mouse album and still live my life simply and happily.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:29 am
Swordfishtrombones

modest mouse? i don't know what it is but i used to really like them. now i can't stand them!
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:42 am
drift

i must be an odd one..
i think aesop is the most mind boggling artist right now...
and el producto released an amazing album recently...
i like both..
but who am i?
peace
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:41 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TERMANOLOGY

...  Reply with quote  

I like El-p and Aesop (both r 2 of my favorites)

BUT -I think El-p tries to hard to write different and I think Aesop, one of my favorites, is over-rated!

I don't know if people noticed but there's a fad right now with people obsessing over Aesop and others similar to him, It somtimes reminds me of pop fans.

Peace.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:52 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next