Search
Register
El-P or Aesop Rock
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Betamaximus

upon first hearin aesops shit, i hated it, but i checked it out a couple months later and i was hooked. i been a fan of his for like 3 years now. i like el-p just fine as well, but i wasnt too into him at my first listen either. some shit you like right away, sometimes it just grows on you yknow. an aquired taste maybe, like beer?
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:15 am
ILuvChicken

Satyre and Hiphopjunkie are both posers. I'm god of hip hop in our click :)

Also I didnt care that much for the Elp solo on first listen but it grew on me and hasnt left my cd player

Aesop is one of my fav MCs..great lyricist.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 7:57 am
futuristxen

thomasnv wrote:
modest mouse? i don't know what it is but i used to really like them. now i can't stand them!

I'm still waiting on the follow up to Moon and Antarctica, cause right now they are just dropping shitty side projects and collections...and honestly, I think Lonesome Crowded West was their best, I like just about every song on that album, but Moon and Antarctica I didn't find so balanced...but if you read all the reviews and stuff that album was supposedly the end all and be all...fuck a review.

I still like them, but they are trying my patience right now.

Getting topical again for a sec, I didn't really like Float that much when I bought it, but then Labor Days dropped and I loved that, but the odd thing is it increased my appreciation of float, and now I think Float is my favorite album of the two, but Labor Days made me feel that way.

Also if anyone knows, where is the song Water from? I have this mp3 and it's one of my favorite Aesop songs, but I don't know what album it's from.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:06 am
Scavenger

I always loved Float, and think it's much better than Labor Days...

Fantastic damage is dope... but it's not really my kinda sound.. it's still worth the buy though.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:10 am
BKGSP

Re: .  Reply with quote  

panty_inspector wrote:
i think elp is a good mc
plus he makes mad references to 80s ny shit
and i think he's dope live (who was at the last coflow show when he did last good sleep?)

but umm big jus is underrated

now thats someone to talk about

black mamba serum is classic shit

-------------------------------------
the last co flow show was really dope....last good sleep?....was that the song where he shouted out him mom right before it?........he looked like a fuckin rock star with the spotlight and shit on him
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:54 am
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

anyone who doubts El-p's lyrical ability should check out Patriotism from Soundbombing 2. good stuff--very good stuff.

Also ---I liked his raps on funcrusher plus very much---his style was very refreshing at the time, now it is not so refreshing. This is the nature of the artform. I can't think of one rapper who didn't begin to bore me to death after a few years. I remember when I thought that there was no better rapper than Black Thought. Obviously, people like SAGE and AESOP have raised the bar since then.

Which reminds me---Aesop Rock is one of my top 3 fav's right now. He is always improoving and consistantly keeps me interested.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:07 am
ILuvChicken

infidelone wrote:
anyone who doubts El-p's lyrical ability should check out Patriotism from Soundbombing 2. good stuff--very good stuff.

Also ---I liked his raps on funcrusher plus very much---his style was very refreshing at the time, now it is not so refreshing. This is the nature of the artform. I can't think of one rapper who didn't begin to bore me to death after a few years. I remember when I thought that there was no better rapper than Black Thought. Obviously, people like SAGE and AESOP have raised the bar since then.

Which reminds me---Aesop Rock is one of my top 3 fav's right now. He is always improoving and consistantly keeps me interested.

The dude that started this thread hasnt heard that track or any older shit. He's a newer than a baby pasing through his mothers cervix
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:24 am
insprdbysk8n

dallasbboy wrote:
Nobody every mentions the Big Juss album "Black Mamba Serum" damn I love this album much better than "Fantastic Damage" in my opinion.

its because it hasnt been released except pirated on the internet. a lot of poele havent heard it.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:54 pm
tom inhaler
me too!

aesop rock was pretty good last wednesday at the mr. lif record release party. i'd never heard him before, but i thought he was good. i've never heard El-P rap, but i have "Little Johnny" on vinyl, and i like the production a lot.

inhaler/thecat
www.inhalerproductions.com
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 7:39 pm
professorcalculus

I'm listing to El dash Producto RIGHT NOW  Reply with quote  

Have you cats heard El-P on the last track of Mr. Lif's newest EP?? It is incredible. I will say, he is a better producer than an emcee, but his lyrical flow and *freestyles are tight, without a doubt. And Aesop, he is amazing. Seriously, he holds it down. Alright I'm going to bed, I like Def Jux shit. Peace.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:54 pm
aukword1

hes a good producer very complex with his beats.Big juss is very under rated.i cant really make a judgement on who is better between aesop and el-p cause they have different styles its like saying picasso is better then michael angelo.peace
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:11 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
n d s

how anyone can say that el-p is a bad, or even average, or EVEN "good, but not great" emcee, is beyond me.
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:50 am
MessiahCarey

aukword1 wrote:
i cant really make a judgement on who is better between aesop and el-p cause they have different styles

Really? I think they have VERY similar styles - and I like both of them.

Peace,
Shane
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:12 am
Scavenger

Nah, Aesop is on the imagery shit, mad wordplay etc. lyrically, Aesop is much better, at least that's how I see it... but El P's beats and delivery is much better than Aesop's... yet both of them are good in what I mentioned with the other one.. it's just not their specialty.. that's a very! good comparison, by the way.. el P the sculptor, Aesop the painter
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:17 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3