Search
Register
you don't have to spend $700 on turntables to listen to wax
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Beat Reporter

you don't have to spend $700 on turntables to listen to wax  Reply with quote  

you really don't. i saw a couple of people on this board saddened because they miss out on vinyl exclusives. you really don't have to and you don't have to drop the major loot to pick up turntables either. just go on ebay and type in record player. there are hundreds of vintage record players that sound great and go pretty cheap. i bought mine for like $25 including shipping and its beautiful. they look awesome too. mine has the speakers included and is an old school sears model.

at the same time, now that i have this, i want something bigger and better, so i'm saving up for turntables. but i'll never get rid of it. now the problem is not spending all my money on wax and setting it aside for the turntables.
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:42 am
n d s

i got mine for a buck at a garage sale.
50 cents extra for the speakers.
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:03 am
Scavenger

I dont have 25 $

this computer and my D60S Performer mic are all my earthly possessions. I dont work and pay rent while I live with my parents. Sad, really. I want to actually move to canada, just to get away from this shit.. but im probably not finishing school... and have no diploma.. finding a nice job will be hard
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:12 am
wordwerker

Anyone got the scoop on cheap VINYL? Dj's always want wax, but that shit is expensive to press and hard to find in short runs. Does a new cat have to press 500 hundered copies of their music and hope they can hustle it all? I heard about some guy in Cali who runs stuff out of his house and will press vinyl in runs as short as 20. Sounds like some urban legend stuff to me. Somebody let me know what the deal is please.
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:15 am

Jump to: