Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Stumbleweed

Lusid wrote:
Stumbleweed wrote:
I'm really proud to have bought a house and be financially-stable at 22

Damn, grats.
What kind of work do you do?

Thanks man.

I work for my university as the student employment coordinator.. basically just help people find work-study and regular student jobs (on-campus as well as non-profits, etc. off-campus) and do the HR work once they get hired. It's semi-rewarding because I am helping people find good work and pay for college... but it is pretty boring overall.

At least I have time to post on SFR and I don't take a bunch of shit home with me every day. Been full-time since 2005, but I started working at the office as a student when I started college in 2002. Good benefits, solid salary, plenty of potential for advancement, they pay for some classes to finish my degree... and it's not a corporation. Could be worse for sure.
Post Mon May 12, 2008 5:08 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
z-spot22

im proud of the fact that i dont have any kids......yet! i want them but not till im more responsible but since people are posting kid pics this is my cousin's daughter which makes her my......second neice?

i dont know how relatives work coming from a fairly small family....i got 2 uncles and 2 cousins and one of them has a daughter....thats the extent of my extended family
Post Mon May 12, 2008 7:09 pm
knowrites

b. dolan wrote:
knowrites wrote:
knowrites wrote:
IAmNiki wrote:
knowrites wrote:
i've started this multi media bombzo portrait, and so far i'm happy with it.
i'm trying to incorporate a few subtle things from the rest the album, and i'm proud to say i think it will work out.
so far i've used:
undiluted water color
ink
rotten ink
pencil
dirt, grime, and theres some bugs crawling on it too, so when they walk by, i work them into it.
(i'm working outside) ain't no bugs in mah house.
and i'm thinking some acylics and oils might need to be added, but i'm not sure yet.

Rotten ink? I'm intrigued. What's it come out like? What's it good for? And furthermore, how do you get rotten ink?

ok, it was red ink, i got it for a class i dropped almost two years ago, so it's been sitting around since.
it rotted, and now it's a yellowy piss brown color, and looks dirty and grimy as hell. perfect for some of the stains on the bombzo apron.
*spell-check* *post*

oh, and i don't recommend trying the rotten ink...
i just checked it.. it's dry, and has actually eaten through the black ink that was under it.
i like the way it looks.. but holy shit!
i can't wait to post pictures of this!

shit... haha... this is the first i've seen of this...

i can't wait until you post it either!

b

should i let you know when i start things?

it's starting to come together, i've decided to do some coloring... i'm working on a background right now..
i'd post a picture, but it doesn't look like much more than spilled ink, and dripping intestines right now.
i'm procrastinating...
i'm supposed to be working on a beat for my friend, but i don't feel like sitting in front of my monitor for two hours... so.. instead i'm sitting here shading fabrics, and searching for a marker to match Bernards flesh...
edit:
in the meantime! MUNNY!
Post Mon May 12, 2008 7:57 pm
kese

MYOWNCLICHE wrote:
That I am not near as naive as I used to be. That wolves can be disquised as sheep. That some people lie for their own benefit with total disregard for other people.
That's a big thing for me to have learned ..so I am proud of me.

I'm proud of my younger sister for finally realizing this.
It'd been really tough seeing her fall prey to it, and not heeding advice.
Post Tue May 13, 2008 11:34 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

shambhala wrote:
I almost moved a coke can with my mind the other night. Really, I got very close.

I just walked up to the door outside of the back of our office building. Right when I got to the door, a swift gust of wind came and blew it open (from the outside) and it swung open into my hand. This kind of shit happens to me all the time.
Post Tue May 13, 2008 12:02 pm
shambhala

There can be only one Jake.
Post Tue May 13, 2008 12:16 pm
Atreyu

I am proud that I was able to do a full leg workout on Thursday without any pain during or since.

After having surgery on both knees this winter - I am now able to walk, bike, and exercise pain free for the first time in 3 years.

Also - I am proud of the fact that I have decided I am fed up with the corporate world and am going back to school to be a teacher.

Several of the kids I have coached at my gym over the apst 5 years are going to college on sports scholarships and I couldn't be more proud.

I think it would be amazing to be able to feel this way every day as a teacher and coach.

Bug ups to all the teachers on the board!!!
Post Tue May 13, 2008 12:27 pm
knowrites

more bombzo pride...
i'm proud of the response i got tonight when i started working on my bombzo 'portrait'
"Zac, theres children here, put that away"
and
"it's scary!"
Post Tue May 13, 2008 9:15 pm
kese

zagadka wrote:
Good post Kese...very inspiring and you put me to shame.

What equipment did you end up getting? How big is your space going to be? Hope it all works out for you, I know you'll do amazing.

Thanks zag... and all the others for the well wishes, and comments.

Last year I bought a brand new Vastex 2000HD 6/4 with a Vastex flash unit.
Been stocking up on screens, squeegees, inks, and other supplies in the meantime.
The talk with our landlord went well, and we still have more talking to do, but I'm confident he's going to help out. At that point we'll be getting a bunch of other stuff in to get setup to be able to print simulated process/ 4 color.... We're also looking into getting the equipment in to do transfers, sublimation, and foil and whatnot.

We got the zoning decision in today... and.... we got accepted!
I put in for my 2 weeks at the other job today!
:)
I'm happy but not too proud yet... maybe just a bit about the decisions I've made to get to this spot (a new beginning really...) Just gotta keep plugging away, doing work, and looking forward.

Getting into the shop and out of the basement should also free up some physical and mental space so I can start making fine art again, and getting to work on the ClassSick Clothing line.

So much to do!... but no one ever said being ClassSick was going to be easy.... hahaha...man....
Post Thu May 15, 2008 11:53 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Junny Concept

I'm proud that I am the first person in my family to get their master's.
I'm proud that my career lets me combine teaching while still being an artist.
I'm proud that I have students going to great universities, and some of the best performing arts high schools in the country.
I'm proud I can pay my bills without worry.
I'm proud of my Air Jordan collection.
I'm proud that I way more mellowed out, and can laugh about my troubles and mishaps.
I'm proud that others think I am good at what I do.
Post Thu May 15, 2008 12:42 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5