Search
Register
Favorite Beer
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

dri

I recently moved to LA and there is no such thing as an EPA here. I guess Minnesota made it up with their Summit beer and whatever. So I drink Sierra Nevada until I'm too drunk to care what it tastes like.

Also LA has pushed me onto Coors Light. The first lager i've ever actively purchased. They must have some super effective marketing for it here.
Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:56 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

Try full flavor coors much better than light
Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:22 pm
pedavis

mortalthoughts wrote:
Try full flavor coors much better than light

Banquet is definitely one of my favorite "cheap" beers.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:26 pm
pedavis

Just had Golden Monkey for the first time this past weekend and I was delighted. Very tasty tripel and at 9.5% it's a great deal.

I've been enjoying my check-ins on Untappd. As if drinking wasn't social enough.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:28 pm
Shika
shy wench

Golden Monkey goes down so easy that it's dangerous with the high alcohol level. Iím loading up on Founderís Breakfast Stout before they are done for the season. Highly recommend it for stout lovers. Probably my favorite beer.
Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:53 pm
scott

Southern Tier 2x IPA
Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:25 pm
Shika
shy wench

Bandini wrote:
Bells, Dark Horse, Founders. Michigan is making some of the best beer in the country.

I have not celebrated the whole catalog but every beer I've ever had from Founders has been great.
Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:06 am
Captiv8

Shika wrote:
Bandini wrote:
Bells, Dark Horse, Founders. Michigan is making some of the best beer in the country.

I have not celebrated the whole catalog but every beer I've ever had from Founders has been great.

I had the good fortune of being at the Founder's Brewery two weeks ago and their beer collection is crazy good. They are a huge part of why Grand Rapids is becoming known as Beer City. There's another brewery a little bit north called Rockford, and they had this butternut squash beer in the fall that will melt your face. Michigan has beer locked down, contrary to what mortalthoughts thinks.
Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:03 pm
pedavis

Captiv8 wrote:
Shika wrote:
Bandini wrote:

I had the good fortune of being at the Founder's Brewery two weeks ago and their beer collection is crazy good. They are a huge part of why Grand Rapids is becoming known as Beer City. There's another brewery a little bit north called Rockford, and they had this butternut squash beer in the fall that will melt your face. Michigan has beer locked down, contrary to what mortalthoughts thinks.

I really wanna take a trip to MI with some beer aficionado friends and tour the whole list of amazing breweries goin' on up there. Founder's Breakfast Stout is definitely one of my favorite brews these days.
Post Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:06 pm
Captiv8

pedavis wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:
Shika wrote:
Bandini wrote:

I really wanna take a trip to MI with some beer aficionado friends and tour the whole list of amazing breweries goin' on up there. Founder's Breakfast Stout is definitely one of my favorite brews these days.

There's at least 10 breweries within an hour of Grand Rapids. Most of them are in GR, but you can easily get to New Holland, Saugatuck, Rockford with a car.
Post Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:04 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23