Search
Register
all things "DEXTER"
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Reply with quote  

Yes, i just watched IT.And the saga continues.

I already knew John Lithgow would be the next serial killer.And i thought it wouldn't work for me, but surprisingly i find it even more interesting and creepy.poor Dex with all his normal human family man dilemmas.Lets see ho wit pans out the suspense is already killin me.
Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:43 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.
Just watchedd Season Finale, SPOILERS!  Reply with quote  

JUst watched Seanson Finale, WTF! Everything came together as i though it would. But I did not see Aurthur getting to his wife.
But at least her character is gone, she always got on my nerves.

I 'm full of wonder and imagination of what is to come.Ive been also watching the animated webisodes too. Pretty neat stuff.

mem
Post Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:11 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

holy fucking shit man.

i really just stared at the screen for 5 minutes after the finale ended, with my jaw slack.

i think i'm officially ready to give this show the blue ribbon. better than the sopranos. better than your momma biscuits.
Post Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:20 pm
sarah q

The season finale was unacceptable. WTF? WTF? WTF?
Post Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:48 pm
sarah q

Re: Just watchedd Season Finale, SPOILERS!  Reply with quote  

prolific memorie wrote:

But at least her character is gone, she always got on my nerves.

She was for sure annoying but definitely did not deserve to die.

what the fuck kind of ending was that?
Post Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:51 pm
prolific memorie

Well, it makes sense, i mean we cant expect everything to go Dexter's way, i mean think about how long he has gone without being caught, he's going to have to have some sort of consequence.
Post Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:54 pm
sarah q

prolific memorie wrote:
Well, it makes sense, i mean we cant expect everything to go Dexter's way, i mean think about how long he has gone without being caught, he's going to have to have some sort of consequence.

I guess I don't see it as something that happened to him so much as something that happened to Rita and everything was finally working out for her.

But I suppose you are right. I knew something bad was going to happen when he walked back into his house, but I was expecting someone to jump out. I was not prepared for that.

Is Dexter going to be a single father of 3 in season 5? How will the resolve that?

*I'm clearly still in shock
Post Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:00 pm
prolific memorie

Yea, that's one major question. What will he do.Cuz, most people would be traumatized horrifically by what and not be able to maintain. His ""Dark Passenger" allows him to go through after tragedy.
So, is he really going to go off the wall and killl more and break more of the Code? Is he going to have to pretend to be emotional in front of everyone? Or is the finger going to be pointed at him by his Debra and the Bureau ? Because , of him being at the scene before everyone at Trinity's house. and then she turns up dead that night.

AHHHHH! Brain scrambles!!!
Post Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:08 pm
Bring that Beat Back

Ok. I need to watch that last scene again. To me it was filmed as a dream sequence...different lighting, more sureal, sort of like when Harry's around.

but that would be pulling a Dallas and I don't see this show doing that.

If it's not a dream, who killed her? Trinity? Suicide? Is that a dumb question? Did I miss something?
Post Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:48 pm
prolific memorie

Yea at first i thought it was suicide, and then the y had a 4 minute sit down with John Lithgow and Micheal C. hall. They say that Trinity did kill her.
Post Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:51 pm
General_Lee

prolific memorie wrote:
Yea, that's one major question. What will he do.Cuz, most people would be traumatized horrifically by what and not be able to maintain. His ""Dark Passenger" allows him to go through after tragedy.
So, is he really going to go off the wall and killl more and break more of the Code? Is he going to have to pretend to be emotional in front of everyone? Or is the finger going to be pointed at him by his Debra and the Bureau ? Because , of him being at the scene before everyone at Trinity's house. and then she turns up dead that night.

AHHHHH! Brain scrambles!!!

Seems like a lot of the episode was pointing toward him trying to ditch the Dark Passenger, and fight the urges in season 5. His wife's death could either cause him to lose it and go on a spree, or strengthen his resolve for his family.
Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:33 am
cakes

Wow... I watched the same interview as Mem and we totally went back, as Lithgow predicted watchers would, to see the last scene between the two. For those of you who think the acting is terrible, what are you comparing it to? Do you honestly think that Jennifer Carpenter was terrible? On the dock when she broke down? seriously? What do you think people look like in that situation? And her looks are pretty spot on. Sure some of the lines are corny and this isnít the best show on television by far, but sorry, Lithgow is awesome. End of story.

I don't think Dex'll go on a killing spree. He'll feel regret. He feels that emotion and cares when innocent people die as a result of his actions (If he didn't answer his phone and chop off that guys mirror, chances are she would have survived. He had multiple chances to make a decision that ultimately would have prevented it). He is really focused on trying to live his life with his family. He may not be successful, but I doubt he'll lose it in that way. I don't think he'll be traumatized as you would imagine someone to be. He may feel emotions, but not with the same strength as most people would. Itís gotta be different when you see death as often as he has, fuck, when you cause it half the time. Of course he'll be upset and probably want to see some sort of resolution/revenge. Actually, I never really thought of it until now, but maybe there's a possibility that he may turn himself in or leave to protect his family? I donno, but I know that he questions whether he can change even though he so badly wants to believe that he can. The question will be whether he chooses to protect his son by being there or by leaving. Debra could take care of him and she could also figure it all out. Never know, though if he left, it'd be hard to write an entire season. Maybe that's more a series finally, but I don't know shit. The writers have yet to write, at least, so they say. I also think that the older kids will go with Paul's parents. I'm pretty sure Dex never officially adopted them.

I liked Rita for the most part and was definitely sad, but I thought it was well played. Why does anyone think she would have killed herself in front of her son instead of go on the honeymoon she was joyfully planning with her husband? After all she's been through, to do that then would be ridiculously out of character (as we know her) and a super far stretch. I doubt they'd show two suicides.

It was all about fate in this episode and I thought it was pretty dope.
Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:28 am
Bring that Beat Back

yeah, I think think the murder of Rita totally changes that final dialogue between Dexter and Trinity.

Especially when Trinity is like "What? you think you're better then me?" and managing to withhold and not gloat, shouting out something like "yah, well you're wife's lying in a bathtub of her own blood"

I've always enjoyed Lithgow as a bad guy ever since Cliffhanger. He's brilliant for a serial killer role, who needs to switch between saintly and evil.
Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:54 am
Stumbleweed

"It's already over."

Creepy fucker, glad he's dead (give that man the Emmy!). God damn, what a finale.
Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:30 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

I was disappointed with Season 3, but it was watchable. But season 4 was fucking great. I've never liked Rita, but my dislike for her aside, her death adds so many possible dimensions for next season. Who knows what the hell will happen? The next season is probably next fall, and that is wayyyy too long to wait.

Now all I really have is The Office until Eastbound and Down comes back on
Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:49 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next