Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Captiv8

Brynjar wrote:
Damn Bioshock getting great reviews

Good for them. I think a lot of people were skeptical of the removal of the Bioshock world to the skies, but it looks like the game has been extremely well-designed and -executed. I will pick this up, but probably not until it drops in price toward the end of summer. I've got too many games already waiting for me on the backburner when I get back to the US for good. I've got to wrap up Borderlands 2, then delve into Sleeping Dogs and Far Cry 3. I also have a few unplayed arcade games to get into, like I Am Alive, Deadlight, and Alan Wake's American Nightmare.
Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:30 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

yeah most of these reviews also say its one of the best video game experiences to date and we will look back on this one

pretty crazy

i'll admit im officially hyped now
Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:07 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i guess it has this very dope flip cover too

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:21 am
Brynjar

Yeah Bioshock fans got really really really angry when the cover was shown so they let fans vote on a flip cover.
Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:19 pm
ROTTY

I have played just 30 mins of the game....Amazing! I will be clocking at least 3 hours tomorrow. Cant wait. So far it has the same good feel of the first Bioshock but very bright and beautiful! There is amore sophisticated evil lurking within the shadows of Columbia...I can sense it and that is only 30 mins in. I am a happy chappy!
Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:15 pm
OM3N

I'm pretty picky when it comes to games with a "cinematic" feel. I usually play Sim city or Civ but. One of the few franchises I ever really followed was Bioshock. Bishock 1 was definitely the height of good solid combat, with an amazing story. 2 was improved combat minus any engaging plotline.

This game.... oh man.

No spoilers, just play the goddamn game.
Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:53 pm
ROTTY

I must be about 4 hours into Bioshock Infinite and so far I cannot fault it! I’m not just saying that because of the hype and the fact I have been overly excited about this release since I first heard about it. The gameplay is superb, the design of the world and characters are sublime. If I had to choose anything to try and place fault, it would be the fact you can only carry two guns at any time…..BUT even that is BLOODY OKAY because it simplifies combat encouraging more use of your left handed mojo making for a much more enjoyable and fulfilled combat experience….DAMN YOU!...sorry I tried.

The main story is beautifully crafted and original to the extent I think it is genius! I just hope Hollywood keep their grubby hooves off! Which leads to the music during the game playing action sequences. By far is the best of any game I can think of and rivals any big block bluster movie. For example; the first encounter with the songbird…which, by the way is quite terrifying.

I will not say anymore because it is hard to point to my favourite parts of the game without giving away so much and I could not do that to anyone intended on playing it!

I have a feeling this game will need to be discussed at length upon completion.
Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:25 am
OM3N

I'm about halfway through the game. This game will definitely be looked back upon as a major milestone in both game design, as well as how to make a COMPLETELY immersive world.

There were times I simply wandered around in complete awe. The art direction is so indescribably good. Irrational Games have a serious chance to become something new in the world of video games.
Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:45 pm
BrokenRecordStore

Happy to see some of you are enjoying Infinite. I popped in prior to release and nobody cared about it. I'm a designer on it and can offer some inside tips if you're interested. Also you're right about the music. Pay close attention to that aspect as there's considerable pay off. : )
Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:51 pm
Captiv8

BrokenRecordStore wrote:
Happy to see some of you are enjoying Infinite. I popped in prior to release and nobody cared about it.

Slow yer roll, dramatador. Plenty of people care about the game. It's one thing to launch a new title, but this one has a massive fanbase almost guaranteeing success. And if the reviews are any indication, Bioshock Infinite has GOTY written all over it. I think you will be handsomely rewarded for your efforts.
Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:10 am
Brynjar

BrokenRecordStore wrote:
Happy to see some of you are enjoying Infinite. I popped in prior to release and nobody cared about it.

-_-

5 people commented on it the last time you popped in and everybody said that they'll play it

Captiv8 wrote:
Slow yer roll, dramatador.

Hah!
Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:53 am
Jack

Brynjar wrote:

-_-

I don't type emoticons often, but when I do I go with a nice lil -____-
Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:09 pm
ROTTY

BrokenRecordStore wrote:
I'm a designer on it and can offer some inside tips if you're interested. Also you're right about the music. Pay close attention to that aspect as there's considerable pay off. : )

Inside tips..nice. Lets talk weapons. Am i right in think all the weapons are potentially as good as one another for your standard gunfights? For example i got the season pass with my copy and this gave me automatic upgrades on my pistol and machine gun so i have concentrated on them ish.

Also decision making. Do these make a difference in the end results?

Any hidden Easter eggs?

Thank you by the way for the game. Can i ask what specific area was yours on the design front?
Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:20 pm
Disharmony

Fun little tid bit. This thread was originally called "Bioshock 2". Time flies.
Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:12 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i was about to rep that too

also

whats more satisfying than clicking right analog to aim ironsights
Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:35 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 320, 321, 322 ... 354, 355, 356  Next