Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

bioshock infinite is great but havent been playin it after completion, the hipsters love this shit though , must be the hats

ninjagaiden 3 razors edge on 360 is greatness, so much more improved than the vanilla version and i unlocked the classic nes blue ninja costume which makes it gametastic

i finally scooped borderlands 2 and IMO its way better than the first even though its more less more of the same, just all polished up in every way

oh and

TERRARIA

dont fucking sleep
Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:15 pm
Disharmony

I've been playing Terraria. About to goto Hard mode.
Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:03 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

@EbertChicago #SuckIt

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/2013/05/ellen_page_brin.php
Post Wed May 01, 2013 5:23 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Dragon Blood is absolute bonkers and im lovin it, its all sorts of amazing fun, and i like it far better than far cry 3(theme wise) the whole 80's sci fi is awesome
Post Thu May 02, 2013 10:38 am
Prontoid

Mikal kHill wrote:
It strikes me as weird. I enjoyed playing the game, but I literally loathed every character in far cry 3, from the good guys to the bad guys. The whole story was a clusterfuck of stupid and I hated everyone.

This is unrelated, but i discovered one night if you accidentyally made some villager run over the Rykyat guys or wahtever, they would just start killing every fucking villager they could find, indiscriminately killing old unarmed women and shit. It was actually fairly unsettling, but I just followed them as they did it for like 30 minutes one night before reloading my save.

You realise what you felt their was the intent of the developer right?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/09/fire-away-spec-ops-far-cry-3-writers-on-criticizing-fps/
Post Thu May 02, 2013 8:00 pm
Jesse Custer

New trailer for GTA and a big preview article are up on the net. I'm officially starting to get hyped!

Looks really great; Trevor in particular looks like he is going to be fantastic fun.
Post Fri May 03, 2013 3:46 am
Captiv8

I've put about 6 hours into Far Cry 3 and I feel like it's a mostly awesome title. This, however, requires a little willful ignorance. Mark mentioned this a while back when the game was first release, but it bears repeating here: the transition of Jason from rich kid to guerrila warrior is pretty much instantaneous, and in no way mitigated by his "Aw, gross!" comments when skinning an animal. It's amazing that he just knows how to do that, by the way. Also, the sense of urgency evoked in the storyline does not match the general aspects of the game, which is centered around exploration and long expeditions to acquire skins or weapons and to liberate towers or villages. Admittedly, the game wouldn't be much fun without these things, but the whole "I need to find my younger brother and kidnapped friends" vibe is immediately eliminated once you start shooting goddamn komodo dragons. Anyway, this is only a minor point for me, since I really enjoy wandering around in games and discovering things. The plotline is, much like Skyrim and Fallout, tertiary.

There are a few other comments worth mentioning. The combat is, for the most part, really fun and rewarding. I enjoy the option for stealth, either ranger or up close, or full-blown explosive chaos. I enjoy the rock throwing for distractions, and the amazing ability to snatch enemies from underneath or to pounce from above. And nothing is more rewarding than getting a headshot with an arrow. Other aspects, however, are plain bogus. For instance, I was liberating a village, just about to stealth kill some hapless pirate when suddenly I was simultaneously attacked by a wild boar and a tiger that appeared IN FRONT of said pirate. What? Immersion broken, cover blown. It is also incredibly easy to escape enemies through a little bit of running, the slide maneuver, and flanking. This iteration also suffers from the same problems as Far Cry 2, in that there are apparently endless amounts of enemies and impeccably timed patrols. Finally, I'm sick of being mauled by a fucking tiger every 50 yards, then having to unload an entire clip into them before they die. This part could have been a little more balanced.

Overall I'm having a blast, though. I like the idea of hunting for animals to upgrade your carrying capacity and to make different syringes. The XP and skill tree are also welcome additions, though admittedly some of the "skills" leave something to be desired. I can now swim 25% faster? Thanks, but I'll take one of the thousand unmanned watercraft floating about. Regardless, this game's fun factor is off the charts, and I feel like I've only scratched the surface.
Post Tue May 07, 2013 3:05 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i think Dragon Blood is A lot better, even if it is kinda more of the same, it just fits the play style better IMO, and its overall just way cooler
Post Tue May 07, 2013 8:26 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

bethesda puttin out a new wolfenstein? no ID software stamps anywhere, hmmmm kinda got me interested, even though all new wolfenstein games have been crap

Post Tue May 07, 2013 8:50 pm
Mark in Minnesota

I'm back into Skyrim for a second pass, and finally wrote my E2 review of the game, here: http://everything2.com/user/marku/writeups/The+Elder+Scrolls+V%253A+Skyrim

(Edit: I'm not going to quote the article in full. It's 3400+ words. Read it for yourself if you care.)
Post Thu May 09, 2013 10:22 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

then i will quote for you

"Writing this now in mid-2013, I'm in the midst of my second playthrough of Skyrim. I got chased away in January 2012 after my first play-through because of bugs. One bug in particular, really: You get to own your own home, and that home has bookshelves. You collect books in the game world, and put them in the shelves. You decide what books to collect, what order to put them on the shelves, what to do with duplicates, etc. The shelves were pretty buggy--you could inadvertently get them into game states where you couldn't put any new books on them, couldn't remove the books that were already there, etc. Every time I would return to my house after an adventure, I would see one of these half-baked bookshelves, glitched up, and get frustrated. I resolved to myself that I wouldn't return until after Bethesda had fixed those bugs.

Think about that: A world where I can explore almost endlessly, fight giants and dragons and become a hero worthy of truly epic tales. A world where people in taverns will sing of my deeds, where I can live and die, fall in love, even raise a family. And I left because I had a hard time putting books on shelves. Putting books on shelves was my first real job, for six dollars an hour at Barnes & Noble in 1997, and it took an inadequate simulation of that experience in that tiny corner of this beautifully realized game world for me to realize that I had finally run out of game to play.

What gorgeous, baroque nonsense! You really ought to see it for yourself."

great way to end that write up mark
Post Thu May 09, 2013 11:07 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

this would be perfect

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/09/john-carpenter-wants-to-make-a-dead-space-film
Post Thu May 09, 2013 12:16 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

metro last light is gettin great reviews and seems to have been much improved, while still being faithful to the original ,kinda wanna try it

a lot of the new reviews point out the specific reasons why i couldnt exactly get into 2033, although i enjoyed everything else. im debating to revisit 2033 first and suck it up, i understand a bit more now what the game is and what its trying to do so i may enjoy it more now for those reasons, and actually finish the game and get the full experience leading to last light

and then again i may just jump into last light

i dunnnnnnnnno
Post Tue May 14, 2013 10:13 pm
Captiv8

I can't fathom why you would even debate playing Last Light. Metro 2033 nailed everything that can be great about a video game. Last Light just expands on that perfection, from everything I've seen and heard.
Post Wed May 15, 2013 11:03 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

the debate was more so about revisiting 2033 first, i'll save it as a prequel type deal
Post Wed May 15, 2013 11:56 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 323, 324, 325 ... 350, 351, 352  Next