Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Brynjar

I hope BrokenRecordStore is one of the 15 people that kept their job or finds a new one soon
Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:12 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Yeah in case anyone missed that: http://kotaku.com/bioshock-studio-irrational-games-is-winding-down-all-1525186316
Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:31 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:19 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

im about to play the very first Mass Effect finally, scooped it on xbox live for about 3 1/2 bucks,

anyone got any quick tips
Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:19 pm
Captiv8

Neuro wrote:
im about to play the very first Mass Effect finally, scooped it on xbox live for about 3 1/2 bucks,

anyone got any quick tips

I'm actually going back through it right now to clean up some pesky achievements. I think Wrex and Ashley are the best characters, especially if you go with a biotic or tech class, but you can be the judge of that. Other than that you'll be fine. It's a very fine title.
Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:40 pm
Mark in Minnesota

All things being equal, play it three times and do like a third of the optional content each time. You'll hit the level cap before you play all the side missions, and you miss a lot of gameplay if you don't play multiple characters.
Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:51 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

I've been going crazy on this Xbox 360 sale thats been going on. A lot of the titles I'm picking up are things I've already played through (Skyrim for $10, Arkham City for $5) but I also picked up Mass Effect for $3 and playing through it for the first time.

I considered selling my 360 at one point since I have an Xbox One, but I'm starting to get so many digital games I don't want to get rid of it. Also can't get rid of it because the Xbone is still off for repairs for the past 3 weeks.
Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:13 am
Captiv8

Ya, this week long sale has been pretty good. I haven't wanted a lot of the games, thank God, but there have been enough to make it worthwhile. I picked up the first episode of Walking Dead: Season Two for a dollar yesterday, which is a steal, and Prototype 2 as well. I'm also really excited to try out this Hell Yeah! dead rabbit game, which looks really snazzy. And frankly, it's about time that there were some good deals on the Xbox. Lately the deal of the week has been on content over six years old, which should at this point be permanently marked down, not priced lower periodically. Anyway, I've been getting a lot of digital games lately, which only sucks because I can't sell them once I've completed them. Ah well.
Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:33 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

juan have you played the other mass effects?

i started at 2 and then 3 , the 3rd is my favorite (so far)

i can already tell from going back to the first some of the polishing and fine tuning they put into the newer ones, the graphic style of the first is still reallly unique and it being one of the first 360 games i like seeing how it was to how it is now

ill have more on it later ....

------------

so digital 360 games wont transfer to xboxone too?
Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:38 am
Captiv8

One of the more annoying things to me about ME1 is the incessant planetary exploration. It just got a little old after a while, and rarely felt like it was worth it. I'm really glad they did away with that feature in the subsequent titles. I do like the ability to customize weapons and armor with various effects though. That was nice.
Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:10 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

Neuro wrote:
juan have you played the other mass effects?

i started at 2 and then 3 , the 3rd is my favorite (so far)

i can already tell from going back to the first some of the polishing and fine tuning they put into the newer ones, the graphic style of the first is still reallly unique and it being one of the first 360 games i like seeing how it was to how it is now

ill have more on it later ....

------------

so digital 360 games wont transfer to xboxone too?

I started off with Mass Effect 3, but haven't played 1 (until now) or 2. I am enjoying the first one though, and I can def see how it's been polished and whatnot after I playing 3 as well. I'm still enjoying it though.

------------------------------------------------------
and nope. nothing transfers over to the Xbone (how I'm going to refer to it). It's really sad that nothing does transfer, but maybe it will in the future? dunno. Right now the catalog is very very empty.

there have been a lot of updates to the Xbone dashboard already, with a new one supposed to be rolling out the first week of March. The menu's and the dashboard kinda suck. Mostly just getting to trophies and seeing what friends are online is very awkward. supposedly they made a lot of tweaks on this in the updates, but I haven't had a chance to see it yet. I'm supposed to get my console back on Wednesday and I can't wait to play the Titanfall beta.
Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:35 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i just dont understand why new systems wont do backwards compatibility, especially for all these digital download releases, its fucking retarded

------------------------------------

i dont remember the citadel being this open in 2 and 3, this is dope so far i have a feeling ill end up going through the whole trilogy with this playthrough since the character transfers over each game
Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:28 pm
Mark in Minnesota

The main CPU in the Xbox 360 is a PowerPC processor. The main CPU in the Xbox One is an AMD processor. This precludes backwards compatibility because PowerPC uses a different instruction set from AMD and Intel processors. Compatibility would have either required Xbox One to ship with a second processor, driving up the price on a system that was already considered too costly, or required software emulation of the PowerPC instruction set in x86/x64, which would have had performance issues.

There are other considerations as well, but that's the big one.
Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:22 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

heres another question i have about the current systems (360 & ps3)

not sure if they act as each their own in this but what about online/multiplayer in games will all that eventually be gone, or will one day in the future i find my old xbox 360 , dust it off, hook it up, and battle/collab with whoever else is rockin a 360 in the year 2030

obviously they will be gone and within a couple years/ or will they? will something be made to keep them going?, i wonder because most of these games are built around multiplayer now so really they are just temporary you cant jam them out fully
Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:35 am
Mark in Minnesota

Xbox Live Gold is required for most multiplayer on Xbox, and relies on a server side component that Microsoft will not operate indefinitely. Many individual games rely on secondary components operated by the game publishers; these might cease to function much sooner. I don't expect any of it to be playable by 2030, but I suppose it depends on how many 360-only gamers continue paying their annual Gold subscriptions over the interim.
Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:43 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 342, 343, 344 ... 359, 360, 361  Next