Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Prontoid wrote:
I think it's imperative to spend some time reading up on how to approach Dark Souls...when I first got it, I didn't have the net and wasted probably 20 hours with totally the wrong approach...

Once I figured out what was going on with it, it became a whole new game..It's one of the greatest games ever...

post a link(s)
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:50 pm
Captiv8

Blasted through Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and it was absolutely amazing. It was like Predator and Cyborg meets Jurassic Park and I loved every minute of it's sarcasm, machismo, and unbashed glorification of all things 80s. And I thought it was genius to keep the same gameplay mechanics as FC3 instead of trying to switch things up. I really enjoyed stringing together a bunch of takedowns and then pulling the pin on a grenade and kicking a dude off a cliff just for good measure. Honestly one of the most exciting and fun games I've played in a long time.

I then moved on quickly to Alan Wake's American Nightmare, which has just been sitting there on my harddrive for some time. It is stunningly well done for an arcade title. I'm a little thrown off by the desert setting, as I think part of what made the first game so suspenseful was the denseness of the woods and the oppressive Northwest setting, but it has it's charms in terms of aesthetics. One double-edged sword is that ammo is really plentiful. If you hated that ammo was in short supply in the console title, you'll be very satisfied by this development. If you liked that the shortage of ammo forced you to be very selective and added to the tension, you'll be disappointed. At this point I'm relieved at the ability to just waste Taken with the shotgun without any real concerns. And, as with the main title, the manuscripts and other ephemera really add to the story. Really enjoying this game so far.
Post Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:44 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

blood dragon is indeed greatness

also

i really wish gta 5 had those tiny smart cars scattered throughout, haha
Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:08 am
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

Taking a small hiatus from GTA 5. Def haven't done everything I need to do yet, but I got a few older games I'm going to try to beat before before Battlefield 4 comes out on Tuesday.

A few weeks ago in the market place I accidently double clicked and spent $40 on Far Cry 3. Def overpaid, but I'm stuck with it now and I never got around to playing it before.

Also trying to beat Mega Man 10 and that game is hard as shit. I'm sure 9 year old me would've beaten it no problem.
Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:34 pm
xGasPricesx

I know it just came out, but has anybody played the new Batman game yet? If so, what are your thoughts?
Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:44 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

im going to take a lil break from gta 5 too , im still trying to get 100 percent im at about 85, i may freeroam i bit here and there

i scooped up the new batman so far its really dope, if you liked the previous i dont see why you wont like this one, im still very early in the game so ill have more on it later, the city is a lot bigger, batmans voice sound like chris redfield from resident evil 5 and 6
Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:58 am
Captiv8

As long as they've kept the same combat system (with some new elements, I'd imagine) from the previous Batman titles, I'll be happy. I also liked the XP and upgrade system, so hopefully that's there too. I really can't see them doing anything wrong with the franchise. It's my favorite superhero series, to be sure.
Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:04 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

combat system is more or less the same (very good very fluid), Boss fights are reallly nice in this one, and yes tons of upgrades
Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:43 pm
Juan

I watched a friend of mine play it for about an hour. It all looked pretty good to me, just another batman game. Only thing he complained about was there were a lot of surfaces and ledges that it wouldn't let you grapple to where you should be able to easily. There were a few places like this in City, but mostly just during quests.
Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:43 am
Captiv8

Man o man, the Walking Dead arcade series continues to be awesome. This 400 Days DLC is really impressive. Per usual, the game is all about making tough (if often contrived) choices. I love it. A lot of the time you have someone's life right there in your hands. I really like how the stories interweave, and how all the decisions in this "season" carry over into the next. For all of these same reasons I'm looking forward to trying The Wolf Among Us, which looks to be exactly the same in terms of gameplay.
Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:53 am
Juan

I bought and played through The Wolf Among Us, and I can verify that it is every bit as fun as The Walking Dead Games
Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:10 pm
Juan

I don't think this is considered a video game, but has anyone ever played the online text based game Utopia? Been around for years. Basically you choose a race from Tolkien pretty much, Orc, human, elf, etc, and you run a province as part of a kingdom with 20 other provinces, and then you build your armies/wizards/thieves and go to war with other kingdoms. You have to manage your economy and balance things out

Actually takes a bit o dedication but not too much. Very good time killer. And you get to smash some other nerds. But like I said, all text based. There's some picstures around to make it pretty but no graphics or anything like that.
Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:33 pm
mancabbage

Juan wrote:
I bought and played through The Wolf Among Us, and I can verify that it is every bit as fun as The Walking Dead Games

agreed, loved it. Seen the walking dead s2 trailer? We'll be playing as clem this time, should be interesting
Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:24 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i am really enjoying arkham origins

when arkham city was released i was distracted by skyrim and a couple other big games too

with this, it was released at a perfect time, gta 5 is major , but i got the main stuff done quick in that game so its all good

im actually kinda looking forward to COD ghosts after this though, i took a break from blackops 2 and went into MW3 to revisit for awhile and i think MW3 is tons better even though it was annoying upon its release, black ops 2 campaign is not as strong as the others and most of the maps for multiplayer are just silly, if im going to play a war style game i want war themed levels not firefights at chucky cheese

its all good fun nonetheless
Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:58 pm
Captiv8

Loving Bioshock Infinite so far. The open air scenery is a very welcome change of pace, and I think the addition of the skyline system is fantastic. Nothing better than bash some hapless footsoldier off into the firmament. But then I wonder: does that dude just keep falling to scare the fuck out of people back on earth? Anyway, this game is everything great about the previous two with just enough changes, new weapons, and new vigors to make things interesting. I'm playing through on 1999 mode and it is also a serious challenge, especially the Handymen. I've lost a lot of money thanks to those jerks.
Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 338, 339, 340 ... 359, 360, 361  Next