Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

the only game that seems worthwhile so far for xbox one might be Killer Instinct

im still def waiting for more and better games before picking a new system, im still leaning towards ps4 this time around , just seems all-around better

fallout 4 will probally be the seller

------------------------------------------------

finally a proper Alien game? Isolation seems that way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBTHss_1saI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUKy1dAqELo0zrOtPkf0eTMw
Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:40 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:45 pm
Mark in Minnesota

GTA V finally broke its spell for me, for three reasons:
1. The rest of my crew stopped playing, so now I'm just mister lone wolf freemode killer whenever I'm on there. I'm not awful in that role but it's not really my scene.
2. My dad emailed me and declared that if I didn't adopt the family's NES, he was going to give it to Goodwill. I took it, and had a good week playing games like Gradius, Life Force, The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros., Blaster Master, etc. Not sure where my copies of River City Random and Metal Gear ended up, but that's okay.
3. I've been playing a lot of NetHack. Too much. Still never won that game.

I downloaded the "sandbox mode" DLC for State of Decay, and so far analysis paralysis has me hesitating to get into it--plus the "GTA clone" look was a lot less appealing immediately after playing GTA.

I downloaded an Xbox Live Arcade game called Contrast, which was great but curiously short. Like, great. Like, best use of music I've seen in a game since maybe the opera in Final Fantasy VI. I have more to write about this but I haven't fully digested the thing yet.

Still trying to decide when and how to get into the next gen consoles. Definitely getting an Xbox One. Almost certainly also getting a PS4. Maybe getting a Wii U and/or a 3DS XL. Plus trying to decide if it's the right time to jump from iPad 1 to either iPad Air, a high-end Android tablet, a Surface Pro 2, or maybe even more than one of the above. Plus maybe a 3D TV. Plus I'm starting to eye limited re-entry to PC gaming due to Oculus Rift.

There's maybe never been a better time to be a gamer.
Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:30 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

So far loving being able to run my cable through my Xbox and switching between TV and whatever game i'm playing at the time. Really nice feature.

I'm enjoying it thus far, just need some games to come out for it.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:39 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

the free robocop game in the apple app store is really dope and really fun
Post Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:53 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i just realized ...a robocop dlc for gta 5 would be the greatest
Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:54 am
Captiv8

I thought Call of Juarez: Gunslinger for XBLA was really good. It's more or less an awesome update of CoJ: Bound in Blood, so if you liked the wild west action of that title you'll feel nicely satisfied by Gunslinger. The addition of the XP and skill element was a nice touch. I also thought the story was pretty good , with a nice little twist at the end. The addition of the duel and arcade modes were equally fun. They could have included a multiplayer element (the multiplayer for Bound in Blood remains one of the favorite MP experiences ever), but I'm actually kind of glad they didn't.
Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:54 pm
Captiv8

I thought Remember Me was good, but not great. I liked the idea of the pressen style of combat, in that you have three types of moves relative to recharging your health, crushing your foe, and shortening your power cooldown. I didn't like how you couldn't link the different combos you developed throughout the game. Basically I just wanted to be able to Batman my way through foes. There were times when the climbing component of the game was cool, especially when it afforded you a view of Neo-Paris or it was part of a dramatic sequence, but most of the time it was just tedious and seemingly unnecessary. The real strength of the game was with it's story, and with the ability to remix other people's memories. Overall, like I said, a solid title.
Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:25 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Super punch out blindfolded. Don't miss this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak1EocJWqnw
Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:30 am
Mark in Minnesota

Finally ascended NetHack for the first time. Neutral Valkyrie. 10 genocides, 5 wishes, no artifact wishes. Midway past 6 million points. Just over 100000 turns.

Hardest thing I've ever, ever done in a computer game or console game. Tougher than killing Merlin's Pet on NannyMUD, tougher than getting all the platinum medals in Prototype, tougher than beating all the Bungie Halo titles on solo legendary.

They just don't make games that punishing anymore, at least not often. The permadeath modes in X-COM might be up there on higher difficulties, I suppose.
Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:37 am
3flip

Not a big video game guy, but I just finished Donkey Kong Country Returns recently and I think it may be the best side scroller I've ever played. Very difficult too for those curious.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:35 pm
poisonfree

I got PS4, Steam, Vita, PS3 and XBox360

The only person I have is Mikal KHill

PSN: mekishiko916
Steam: mistadobalina or poisonfree10@hotmail.com (Thats my account name, not my email, thats what happens when you don't pay attention when creating a login)
Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:56 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
poisonfree

EDIT:wrong thread. EEP
Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:27 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
Finally ascended NetHack for the first time. Neutral Valkyrie. 10 genocides, 5 wishes, no artifact wishes. Midway past 6 million points. Just over 100000 turns.

Hardest thing I've ever, ever done in a computer game or console game. Tougher than killing Merlin's Pet on NannyMUD, tougher than getting all the platinum medals in Prototype, tougher than beating all the Bungie Halo titles on solo legendary.

They just don't make games that punishing anymore, at least not often. The permadeath modes in X-COM might be up there on higher difficulties, I suppose.

Impressive.

What about the "I wanna be" series? I've seen people with thousands of deaths on a single boss alone. Are you familiar?

Also Diablo 3 hardcore Inferno (pre nerfs) was supposed to be rather difficult. I think only a few people did it before they made it a lot easier (like patch 1.0.3 or something)
Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:36 pm
Mark in Minnesota

Those platformers are a different kind of difficult. Not my cup of tea.
Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:51 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 340, 341, 342 ... 358, 359, 360  Next