Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Flossin

I bought "Murdered: Soul Suspect" for PS3. What was I fuckin thinking...

I also finished "Watch_Dogs". What a cliche depressing ending! But I enjoyed the game a lot. It was good fun. Much more to my liking than Ubisoft's various Assassin's Creed games. And compared to M:SS it was a masterpiece....
Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:59 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

whoa

http://youtu.be/ozQqekMSQqY
Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:22 pm
Limbs

I have got to admit, killing cops in gta v is so satisfying I feel a little bad for giving the typical gamer a hard time. I'm hooked. They are so stupid! I don't think I smile any other time of the day.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:10 am
Captiv8

Flossin wrote:
I bought "Murdered: Soul Suspect" for PS3. What was I fuckin thinking...

I also finished "Watch_Dogs". What a cliche depressing ending! But I enjoyed the game a lot. It was good fun. Much more to my liking than Ubisoft's various Assassin's Creed games. And compared to M:SS it was a masterpiece....

What's up with Murdered: Soul Suspect? You just didn't like it or what? I've been looking to playing it for a while, as I imagined it as a cross between Condemned and Silent Hill, with maybe a little Alan Wake too.

Saddened about Watch Dogs. It's good from what I've heard, but a lot of folks seem disappointed with it, like it didn't come close to achieving its full potential.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:08 pm
Szechwan

Limbs wrote:
I have got to admit, killing cops in gta v is so satisfying I feel a little bad for giving the typical gamer a hard time. I'm hooked. They are so stupid! I don't think I smile any other time of the day.

Recently started this up again for the first time since December or so just to fuck around with cheats.

Had a blast with superjump and low gravity.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:37 pm
Flossin

Captiv8 wrote:

What's up with Murdered: Soul Suspect? You just didn't like it or what? I've been looking to playing it for a while, as I imagined it as a cross between Condemned and Silent Hill, with maybe a little Alan Wake too.

Saddened about Watch Dogs. It's good from what I've heard, but a lot of folks seem disappointed with it, like it didn't come close to achieving its full potential.

I think it's more than me just not liking it. There's just not a lot of game there, man. The 'detective' stuff is just finding clues (in a really boring and simple way) and then you get to choose which ones are significant so you can advance in the game. You can pretty much click on all of them until you find the significant ones (though it's easy as shit as it is). It's all too simple with barely any room for error. The gameplay is like something for kids.

There are pretty much no attacks or action per se. There are demons that you have to run away from. Running away consists of clicking the same button several times so you hide and when the demon gets close you just "jump around" the hiding places until it's bored. You can kill a demon if you snuck up behind it and follow a simple pattern of 3 buttons. It's not very rewarding or exciting. Nor is it scary.

Sure, the game looks good, but it's kinda boring, very predictable, there is no action, the detective parts aren't even LA Noire level good (far from it actually, a moron can pass them easily). It's very easy to completely lose interest in the game, after only an hour or two of playing, and the game is about 6-7 hours long. So that's a huge letdown. I was dumb and saw it at the store, remembered some pre-release hype about it and got it. I didn't see all the mediocre/bad/very bad reviews the game is getting (and rightfully so), so that's my bad. But steer clear away from this game.

Watch_Dogs I enjoyed thoroughly, though, despite some of the typical Ubisoft cliched characters etc. It was a lot of fun and I do think I had more fun playing it than I did GTA V (though they are very different). I am not disappointed with it, even if the stereotypical, pseudo-inspired ending didn't do anything for me.

Watch_Dogs had shitloads of action and stuff to do, so getting into "Murdered" after that is a rough transition.
Post Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:33 pm
Limbs

Ooo I might fuck with chest codes tonight. Hah. Chest codes.
Post Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:27 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

yeah i finally decided to memorize the 5 min infinite life in GTAV, with this gta i waited a looooong time before messin with cheats especially since half your life recharges anyways

i also like the flame bullets

GTAV is so very good still, really looking forward to what they are cooking up for single player DLC, i wonder what it is

also looking forward to the enhanced next gen version

-----------------------

finally checked out guacamelee since its free and has great reviews, and it really is actually dope, love the graphics too its hard to see how dope they are just by watching youtube videos, fun game so far
Post Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:12 pm
Flossin

SPEAKING OF WATCH DOGS (AS WE ALL WERE)...I kinda liked how the game utilized songs from many obscure bands to make its soundtrack. Sure, there was the "One Mic" and the "Move On Up" and the "C.R.E.A.M." and the Public Enemy etc, but there were a lot of often-played songs from mostly unknown indie bands (ones that I wouldn't even normally care for, but they fitted the game well). I kind of like the idea of games using less popular songs on the radio.
Post Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:55 pm
Captiv8

Flossin wrote:
SPEAKING OF WATCH DOGS (AS WE ALL WERE)...I kinda liked how the game utilized songs from many obscure bands to make its soundtrack. Sure, there was the "One Mic" and the "Move On Up" and the "C.R.E.A.M." and the Public Enemy etc, but there were a lot of often-played songs from mostly unknown indie bands (ones that I wouldn't even normally care for, but they fitted the game well). I kind of like the idea of games using less popular songs on the radio.

That's good to know. I think that many games under-utilize soundtracks these days, at least when it comes to licensing specific songs. I know it's a cost issue, but it would be nice to have a wider variety of tunes to cruise to in a lot of open world games. It would be really exceptional if there were you could upload your own playlist into a game. Why hasn't that been done yet?
Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:55 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

I've thought about that recently. There actually was a time when you could upload your own music I think, but I don't know what console it was.

I know back on PS1 I would play Battle Arena Toshindin and during the fights I would take out the disc and put in a music CD and play my own music. Except after the fight was over I had to hurry up and put the game disc back in to load, making it totally not worth it
Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:04 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i used do that i think on OG xbox i remember playing the later tony hawk games but to my own mixxes and a bunch of mf doom instrumentals
Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:09 pm
Flossin

I heard you actually can upload your own songs on the PS3 version of Watch_Dogs but I have no idea how, cause I'm dumb when it comes to shit like that. I loved playing San Andreas on the PC with my own playlist, that was the best and made me play the game probably 3 times more than I would with just the radio stuff...
Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:32 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDlCR9uSOtg

The game has been a long time coming, with it being first mentioned at QuakeCon way back in 2007 by John Carmack, id co-founder and then-lead developer for the company. Recording of any kind was prohibited at the event, but there was a lot of information to process during the 20-minute-long gameplay demo. Here are a bunch of the highlights:

Fast-paced combat against multiple enemies at once - Doom 3 this ain't.
Set outside a massive UAC research facility on Mars as it's being invaded by the forces of Hell.
Hellknights, cyberdemons, revenants, mancubii, and other classic monsters were spotted throughout the demo.
Classic Doom weapons, including the fan-favorite double-barrell shotgun return. Plasma rifle, rocket launcher, and the good old chainsaw were also shown off.
Go fast. "Doom is not about about taking cover" said executive producer Marty Stratton.
Doom is powered by IdTech 6, and will be for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. They are "committed" to 1080P at 60 frames-per-second.
Wonderfully gory close range executions, including special ones for dropping down on enemies from above.
Revenants now have jetpacks and can hover about while firing rockets at you.
At least one weapon, the combat shotgun, has an alternate fire mode, which allows you to charge up and release multiple shells in rapid succession.
Sprinting, double-jumping and mantling are all possible, making for very fluid motion during combat.
Enemies can teleport in for old-school style ambushes
Dying results in a crazy fatality scene depending on what killed you a la Dead Space. Revenants rip your arms off and punch straight through your combat helment.
Old school mechanics. No reloading your clip, hold as many weapons as you want, health and ammo pick-ups etc. NO REGENERATING HEALTH.

Executive producer Marty Stratton took the stage prior to the gameplay demonstration to introduce the philosophy of Doom, which is to be as true as possible to the fast-paced combat, and sense of power of the originals. He didn't call Doom 3 out specifically, but he made it very clear this was a return to Doom's roots. The word "origins" slipped out, though he didn't explicitly state Doom would be an origin story.

No new details were shared about beta or release timing. Anyone who pre-ordered Wolfenstein: The New Order will have access to the beta for Doom, but no comment was made about when players might be able to start fragging quite yet.
Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:04 pm
Mark in Minnesota

Reading the text of that preview I was like, "goddamn, Neuro is going to be excited about that one" -- and then I noticed who posted it.
Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:56 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 352, 353, 354 ... 358, 359, 360  Next