Search
Register
THE Walking Dead Thread! On AMC No Less!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

bbreakz

THE Walking Dead Thread! On AMC No Less!  Reply with quote  

http://gawker.com/5620671/the-walking-dead-zombies-upon-zombies-week-after-week

This has a lot of potential with the guy from Shawshank Redemption directing. By the looks of it the series starts a little like 28 Days Later and many other Zombie flicks, but wow if this takes off.

I mean C'mon. Zombies! On TV!!!!

Last edited by bbreakz on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:14 pm
Bandini
WIZARD APPRENTICE

there was nothing there to get me excited about this series. none of those names really mean anything to me and trailer seemed nothing more than cliche zombie ideas. maybe it will be good though. we'll see.
Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shinigami

pfffft, just read the graphic novel.

i'll give it a shot but i guarantee the show won't be able to come close to the greatness that is the comic.
Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:20 pm
Mikal kHill

The graphic novel is fantastic. A zombie story that's more drama than horror. I stopped reading because some folks dying literally infuriated me so bad I couldn't keep going, but it's still one of my favorite comics ever.
Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:44 pm
ROTTY

The best comic series i have read....TV series has a lot to live up to.
Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:17 am
X the Outsider

I still need to pick up the series, but I'm excited to see this show.
Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:36 am
Captiv8

I was just thinking last night that a zombie TV show would be sweet, and BOOM! I don't know how successful it will be, or good, but I'll give it a shot. Anything with zombies is worth shooting once.
Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:39 am
bbreakz

I haven't read the graphic novel and probably won't. I am sure it is good. Maybe I am wrong, but i just don't remember a show about Zombies so it is kind just interesting.

And what adaptation ever really lives up to the original whether it is comic or otherwise.

If there is drama and horror with the absence of cheese this could work. We'll see.
Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:33 am
ROTTY

bbreakz wrote:

If there is drama and horror with the absence of cheese this could work. We'll see.

The comic book has some cheese but bearable and forgiveable because its a comic... i have feeling the TV series will have added cheese.
Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:08 am
doubleplusgood

bbreakz wrote:
I haven't read the graphic novel and probably won't. I am sure it is good. Maybe I am wrong, but i just don't remember a show about Zombies so it is kind just interesting.

I've literally just finished reading the latest issue. It's one of my top 3 comics without a doubt, so I've been excited/aprehensive about the show for a while. The zombies have always been in the periphery, it's more a commentary on the general shittyness of human nature.
Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:09 pm
Captiv8

doubleplusgood wrote:
bbreakz wrote:

I've literally just finished reading the latest issue. It's one of my top 3 comics without a doubt, so I've been excited/aprehensive about the show for a while. The zombies have always been in the periphery, it's more a commentary on the general shittyness of human nature.

I've been interested in picking up the massive collection of the comic for a while now but haven't got around to it. These words make me feel like I need to put it on the ole birthday/Christmas list. I'll actually have time to read the things I want in the winter too, which is nice. And you can never go wrong with zombies (unless they aren't actually zombies, but zombie birds. I'm looking at you Zombi 5). I wish I could go to Columbia to take that one professor's course on zombies. Maybe it wasn't Columbia. Wherever.
Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:11 pm
pedavis

gonna be awesome. heard the creator is gonna get down on helping with an episode.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:12 pm
Captiv8

The more I think about this show the more excited I get! I did hear that there are only going to be 6 episodes though, at least for the first season (assuming it's picked up for a second).
Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:36 pm
kwisdumb

This should be awesome.

The Walking Dead is def. one of my favorite monthlies. If you're interested in this you should check out the book. I have the first trade somewhere around here if anyone wants to borrow it.

I've heard Kirkman (the creator/writer) has been around the set and is providing input, and that the story may go in a different direction from the book, but it'll have all the major plot points as the book and will always end up at the same place.

So excited.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:42 pm
Plum Puddin'

Moar cheese please!
Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:37 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next