Search
Register
The new 2MEX ALBUM (videos, downloads & reviews within)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

MCGF

CD came today, I just listened to it all the way through... its fucking dope.

1 tiny thing: The track listing on the back of the CD is wrong ("I just didn't know" is the last track). not that it matters (you guys probably already know anyways) what does matter is that production is GREAT, a lot of bangers and 2mex is so good at straight up rapping his ass off. so many different flows, so many different sounds... not to mention heavy lyrics! This is going to take a while to fully digest but first run through I love it. Dead Deer Diary... holy shit! and the posse cut is bonkers most definitely. thanks SFR. I now also have more SFR stickers then I know what to do with!
Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:03 pm
Storm Davis

MCGF wrote:
1 tiny thing: The track listing on the back of the CD is wrong ("I just didn't know" is the last track). not that it matters (you guys probably already know anyways)

This was an unfortunate miscommunication between myself, the layout designer, and the CD manufacturer.

Most importantly, all the songs are present and accounted for, and the tracklist is correct in the Gracenote CD database that iTunes draws from, on all the digital site versions, and on the CD itself. The order you hear the songs is the order in which they were intended to be heard.
Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:30 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

howcome everytime a great album is released i kind of think that is it, that is the album and then smack outta nowhere some other new album that is completely off the hook bonkers drops and explodes my headphones

you know?

think of all the amazing albums that just released the last year or so

i think its been pretty solid stretch of consistantly quality albums and it continues with this one

or maybe im just a hiphop addict
Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:23 am
SFR announcement

The second single from 2Mex's SFR debut is "Back"

"Back" is available now as the Clip of the Week FREE DOWNLOAD on the front page of www.SFRstore.com
Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:44 am
Flossin

Awesome! I just posted this video in the random video thread. I love it. It's one of those rare music videos where the video actually adds something to the song and makes it that much better imo.

I actually sent this to some people today and one of them was my father and he really liked this video, too.

Thanks for the free download, this song is great.
Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:54 am
MCGF

video is fire, song is fire, album is fire. SO GOOD!!!!
Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:43 pm
adic

Holy Shit! This album kills... Everybody should be bumping this...

Seriously, one of the best albums I've heard in a long time...
Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:07 am
SFR announcement

Today is the day! "My Fanbase Will Destroy You" is now available in stores and on iTunes and all major digital download sites.
Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:07 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Another great album review (this one from www.OhSnapIWasThere.com)

http://tinyurl.com/ohsnap2MEX

In 2008, Strange Famous Records, home to artists Sage Francis, B.Dolan, & Sleep of Old Dominion, announced the signing of Los Angeles underground legend 2MEX (Visionaries, Of Mexican Descent, Shapeshifters, Look Daggers, Afterlife). Two years, hundreds of shows and one three-foot beard later 2MEX and SFR have released a 15-track homage to the growing loyal fanbase of punk rockers to backpackers throughout his storied 15+ year career.

'What you know about this?" - the Prince Po/Life Rexall collaborative track showcases the classic Of Mexican Descent / Visionaries sound and distinctive delivery fans continue to embrace - pay attention, take notes, you're about to be schooled in Underground 101. Prince Po and Rexall are accompanied by Murs (Living Legends), Busdriver, Ikey Owens (The Mars Volta, Free Moral Agents, Look Daggers), Cheshi, Deeskee and many more, lending their lyrical and beatmaking talents.

2MEX has always been able to take the "something for everyone" approach to an album, never so much as in My Fanbase Will Destroy You - if you're sitting in a High School classroom heated that your economics teacher wears a Bluetooth, you're in college going through an up and down relationship, or you're 35 and in need of a trip down memory lane - "Bluebooth Cyborg", "Rollercoaster", and "AFC West" are sure to satisfy what you're going through. The stand out track for me is also the albums lead single "Dead Hand Control", produced by Ikey Owens and Deeskee - you'll recognize the Look Daggers influence that has made the Owens/2MEX duo a perfect match.

There's alot of things to like about the album - the Chiquidracula reference, the funny and disturbing references to Ray J and Oprah's vajayjay, and the amazing choruses by Stacey Dee and Maney Wilson - all which make the album so great, continuing to build on an already legendary status of 2MEX and Los Angeles underground hip-hop.
Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:52 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

New video for "Surveillance" produced by Ceschi
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:45 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3