Search
Register
Consumer Questions
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Confidential

Elorza wrote:

That being said, I think deodorant/antiperspirant is bullshit. I guarantee I'm in the minority but I have no problem and sometimes even enjoy (yea I said it) the natural odor of the human body. The fact that we're so thoroughly compelled to mask that shit is such a lemming mentality to me; so unnecessary and fruitless. Riding from Franklin Ave. up to Fordham Rd. onna completely nondeodorized and packed train car would test my mettle, surely, but I'd deal with that shit. I think body bouquet is beautiful. Fuck the haters.....although nerd funk is somehow a very special brand of funk, but I think that has something to do with the game store setting as well, I'll have to investigate this phenomenon.

I'm a lemming too, I'll admit--I wear deodorant out of consideration for you ninnies-- but boy howdy do it ruffle mah feathers.

I'm sorta with you on this one. I haven't worn cologne in years, and for the past few years, I've gone with the Tom's or Jason "natural" stuff.It won't leave you B.O. free that's for sure.And I am one of those who actually enjoys some BO. I had a vegan friend who never showered more than once per week and her BO was particularly sweet- it reminded me of papaya and my theory was that her diet made her BO sweet.

Although right now I'm using some clear crap from the dollar store, because that was all I could afford a few weeks ago when I ran out; it is pretty useless so far.

I live with an uncle who is constantly getting on my nerves for his body products- body spray, deodorant, after shave, and cologne- to go on a bike ride.

If you have the option of showering over putting more product,go with the shower. If not, give yourself a thorough splash in the bathroom sink BEFORE applying more deodorant.
Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:40 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

OK, if we're going to handle this topic seriously and responsibly then here's my real take on the matter:

Americans are way too carried away with body products. We're victims of an industry that keeps thinking of ways to make us spend money in order to mask ourselves. In actuality, the less you use deodorant the less you need it. Beyond that, some natural smell is good. It could be REALLY good. Axe body spray has nothing on human pheromones if you're looking for some subliminal magic sex scent. There's also the matter of putting chemicals all over your body...and slivers of aluminum into your body...and for what? I mean, really...what for?

Now listen, I'm no patron saint of hippie stank. I use deodorant about 3 times per week. That's not even necessary but I do it anyway. And contrary to how I look in photos, I don't smell like shit.

Last edited by Sage Francis on Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:58 pm
Plum Puddin'

Bingo.
Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:21 pm
mzehe916

I stink. My students in California would complain if I reached across their table with smelly pits. I ended up keeping a stick of deo in my desk for times like that. In Germany it is much more humid, and I am stinky more often but my students don't say anything unless I am really ripe. So I just keep my arms down and wait for the day to end.

I hate this axe sensation....as this trend is now spreading like a wildfire. Deo and cologne are things that should not radiate more than a foot from your body (this is your personal bubble). Pretty much if I walk anywhere and I can smell someone then they are wearing too much (or too little). Bottom line, stink is ok, just don't go crazy with it. And shower.

Oh, and don't make me go into U.S. showering vs. Euro showering...that is something else I wish more Americans would pick up on. I think I can effectively shower using less than 2 liters of water and under 4 minutes. Wet yourself, soap yourself, and rinse yourself. 3 steps. Contemplating daily adventures while soaking under a warm shower is not normal. Do that while you put your socks on!
Post Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:37 am
pedavis

Plum Puddin' wrote:
My sweat smells like success!

And shame.

in the morning i wake up and piss excellence.
Post Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:58 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

mzehe916 wrote:
I stink. My students in California would complain if I reached across their table with smelly pits. I ended up keeping a stick of deo in my desk for times like that. In Germany it is much more humid, and I am stinky more often but my students don't say anything unless I am really ripe. So I just keep my arms down and wait for the day to end.

I hate this axe sensation....as this trend is now spreading like a wildfire. Deo and cologne are things that should not radiate more than a foot from your body (this is your personal bubble). Pretty much if I walk anywhere and I can smell someone then they are wearing too much (or too little). Bottom line, stink is ok, just don't go crazy with it. And shower.

Oh, and don't make me go into U.S. showering vs. Euro showering...that is something else I wish more Americans would pick up on. I think I can effectively shower using less than 2 liters of water and under 4 minutes. Wet yourself, soap yourself, and rinse yourself. 3 steps. Contemplating daily adventures while soaking under a warm shower is not normal. Do that while you put your socks on!

Ah so that's why Europeans smell like goats. They bathe with a spoonful of liquid.
Post Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:31 am
mzehe916

jakethesnake wrote:
mzehe916 wrote:

Ah so that's why Europeans smell like goats. They bathe with a spoonful of liquid.

Exactly! Not to mention that Americans are fat because they eat with spoons that hold 2 liters of water. I'd rather smell fat than be fat! But I am American so right now I actually do both :(
Post Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:12 pm
phataccino

I do a lot to conserve water, but nobody is fucking with my 20 minute (at least) showers in the morning. I need them shits. Watering my garden with water collected in rain barrels, reusing as much gray water as I can, never washing my car, etc., makes up for that, at least somewhat.
Post Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:33 pm
Plum Puddin'

pedavis wrote:
Plum Puddin' wrote:
My sweat smells like success!

And shame.

in the morning i wake up and piss excellence.

And it burns, glory burning in every hole!
Post Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:36 am
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

Dirty hippie here to chime in!

Yeah I am also one of those shower once a week, hardly ever wear deodorant folks. But, I am quite obsessed with Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume oils because they blend in with your own special blend that you're making already. Its subtle and the only way someone else ever really smells it is when they are close to you.

I'd much rather smell BO than an overload of deo or Aqua di Gio (gag) which smells like a horny teenage clubber.
Post Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:14 am
C.R.A.Z.Y

what is odd is that the week before christmas i went to work everyday and didn't wear deodorant. i just forgot to. and i never smelled. but the first day i had off, i just sat around the house watching movies and started to smell just the worst. then i took a shower and put on a lot of deodorant and somehow it didn't help. now i'm back to smelling normal again. no deodorant either.
Post Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:55 am
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
what is odd is that the week before christmas i went to work everyday and didn't wear deodorant. i just forgot to. and i never smelled. but the first day i had off, i just sat around the house watching movies and started to smell just the worst. then i took a shower and put on a lot of deodorant and somehow it didn't help. now i'm back to smelling normal again. no deodorant either.

hormones.
Post Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:28 pm
Plum Puddin'

We could make beautiful smells together Zag.

*creeps back to funky town*
Post Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:02 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2