Search
Register
::METAL::
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Captiv8

Neuro wrote:
looking forward to the new wolves in the throne room album too, its going to be all instrumental

Now this sounds exciting!
Post Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:21 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

they already released a 15 minute track called Celestite Mirror
Post Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:24 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

the new wolves is streaming now

sounds like the soundtrack to blade runner

love it
Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:13 pm
Captiv8

Stumbled upon a really great Canadian group called Artifical Brain. I've been listening to their album Labyrinth Constellation on bandcamp for a bit and I really like what I hear. The drums are phenomenal, and the guitars are really superb too. Overall the group has a kind of crust meets doom sound, with occasional flashes of death metal speed and power. The vocals are just a tad lower than I would prefer, but let's be real: they don't really matter. I could listen to the whole album as an instrumental. All of this is to say that I'm really impressed with this group. They aren't doing anything groundbreaking per se, but they do a really nice job of mixing up their style while retaining a core sound. I haven't liked a metal album this much in a long time.

I also had the chance to listen to the new Wolves in the Throne Room. While it's vastly different from everything they've done before, I really liked what I heard. I think the guitars could have been more present for this to truly be a metal record, but it's a really great listen nonetheless. Blade Runner soundtrack was an apt description, Neuro.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:58 pm
Captiv8

Man alive, this band Columns is destroying shit. They just put out a new record on Relapse called Please Explode that is phenomenal. Since Glass Casket seems to be on an indefinite hiatus, their vocalist Adam Cody has joined up with Columns, who apparently used to be all-instrumetal. But what we have hear is some really terrific grindcore, like a slightly more grooved and heavy version of Phobia or Benumb. Really great sound.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:59 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Did someone say Meytal?

SOAD - BYOB

SNOT - SNOT

Tool - 46&2

Deftones - Around the Fur
Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:05 pm
Captiv8

Just found out Goatwhore released a new record. My goodness, it's a return to thrash metal goodness. I think this will appeal to a lot of old school heads, as the vocals are nigh-on intelligible, and this is just speedy, blast-beat filled no frills metal.

Edit: Right, these guys are obligatory Satanists, so if that bothers you, move along.
Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:31 pm
Marcus Forealius

The new United Nations album The Next Four Years is pretty on point.

Post Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:04 pm
Captiv8

Liking that United Nations album. Very nice stuff.

I stumbled upon this solo project called Church of Philadelphia. It's not necessarily metal, as it leans more toward the ambient side of things, but it certainly displays metallic tendencies from time to time. It's very doom/drone, as you might expect from somebody at the ass-end of Scotland. I've been getting more and more into stuff like this, like something that bridges the divide between the overt power of death metal and the emotive resonance of shoegazy post-rock.

Putting the link here because there are apparently several Church of Philadelphia bands.

http://churchofphiladelphia.bandcamp.com/
Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:14 am
Captiv8

Drop everything and listen to Vampire Squid. All three of their albums will cost you a minimum of $2.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:45 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

whoa
Post Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:58 am
Hinhale

In my teens I was on a strict metal diet, but these days I pretty much only listen to Cult of Luna for my metal fill. Their latest album is almost two years old but it still holds up.

The album was inspired by the awesome german silent film Metropolis, so naturally someone edited a video of Metropolis to accompany one of the best songs.

Cult of Luna - In Awe Of

Post Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:33 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21