Search
Register
New Buck 65 Album - Neverlove
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

remind

New Buck 65 Album - Neverlove  Reply with quote  

Buck's new album is streaming here: http://buck65.com/buck/news/neverlove-preview/ for those interested. Due out September 30.

I'm loving the commentary tracks on here. I could listen to Buck talk (and write) about stuff for days on end. I've never listened to his show on the radio and the commentary makes me want to do just that. This album is hitting home as I've gone through my own major breakup this year and some tracks, some lines are just straight drop kicks to the gut. But, ya know, I'll be all right. How are you guys liking it? Back to soaking it in and in it...

You better be careful. Neverlove's gonna getcha.
Post Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:01 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

SFR would gladly hold the album at our store but we can't seem to get it. Not even through distributors. Warner Canada is releasing this album and it appears that they're either slacking on US distro or they just don't put much stock in physical product anymore. Tough to say. But I'm glad that this is Buck's final album with Warner. I feel he would have benefited much more going the indie route over the past few years. He's prolific as hell so there's more than enough time to properly make that switch. Wish him all the best with that. Crotch lasers and all.
Post Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:56 pm
Limbs

I'm waiting for the release to listen but I loooove that sexy video.
Post Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:35 pm
Captiv8

It's pretty awesome hearing Buck talk about each song before it plays. Normally that type of feature bores me, but he really is such an interesting guy that it enhances the whole experience. Weirdly, I've spoken to Buck before and I remember him sounding more Canadian somehow. Maybe it's that cold? Either way, I'm looking forward to this new album.
Post Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:03 pm
CaptainFantasy

Have any US people pre-ordered this? If so, which route did you go? I tried the pre-order through Buck's site and shipping to the US on the $12.99 CD was $21.50. I've been dying to hear this album, but I can't spend over $30 on a CD.
Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:08 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

If it helps ease the wallet woes, Buck will be releasing a free album next week and it is fun as hell. It's about doing laundry. Hear me now, believe me later.

Last edited by Sage Francis on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:38 pm
Marcus Forealius

Been looking forward to this album for a while now. He's got quite the selection of pretty voiced ladies contributing on this one. .

Too bad about the delay on the vinyl.
Post Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:57 am
tvsr

it really sucks that there is nowhere to preorder this without paying a small fortune for it.

i'm not a digital buyer either so it's sad to see him not get my money.
Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:54 am
Flossin

CaptainFantasy wrote:
I tried the pre-order through Buck's site and shipping to the US on the $12.99 CD was $21.50. I've been dying to hear this album, but I can't spend over $30 on a CD.

That's pretty much the usual prices for people outside of America buying stuff from the States... Paying for shipping more than for the actual item. The recent rates made me start buying my music in 2 or 3 bigger batches a year, otherwise the shipping costs are kicking my ass way too much.
And the post office (whichever one, I guess) lost my last SFR package:( Gotta love that. Sacrifice to the post gods...
Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:35 pm
CaptainFantasy

Well, the album dropped today and I'm still not seeing anywhere to buy it on CD. Is the usually the case with import releases? Maybe Warner Canada is dropping the ball with everybody like they did with SFR. I even searched Google Shopping with zero results. Hopefully he releases the free laundry themed album soon. That sounds like a lot of fun. Anybody been able to find Neverlove yet?
Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:41 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

CaptainFantasy wrote:
Well, the album dropped today and I'm still not seeing anywhere to buy it on CD. Is the usually the case with import releases? Maybe Warner Canada is dropping the ball with everybody like they did with SFR. I even searched Google Shopping with zero results. Hopefully he releases the free laundry themed album soon. That sounds like a lot of fun. Anybody been able to find Neverlove yet?

Apparently they decided to not give it away for free, but here's where you can purchase or stream it: https://jorunbombay.bandcamp.com/album/buck-65-laundromat-boogie-produced-by-jorun-bombay
Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:22 pm
CaptainFantasy

Sage Francis wrote:
Apparently they decided to not give it away for free, but here's where you can purchase or stream it: https://jorunbombay.bandcamp.com/album/buck-65-laundromat-boogie-produced-by-jorun-bombay

Thanks Sage, I'll grab that now to hold me over until I can find a place in the US selling Neverlove on CD. I thought Warner would have had the album everywhere by now, being Warner and all. I guess maybe these days it's just get the album into iTunes and they're done with it.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:17 pm
remind

Sage Francis wrote:
CaptainFantasy wrote:

Why has Buck not promoted this nor even mentioned it at all? At least that I've seen...
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:05 pm
remind

This laundry mini-album is funkily (?) similar to the Strong Arm mixtape. Thanks for the link!
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:11 pm

Jump to: