RIP Steve Jobs
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Eric B

The irony is almost too much to bear
Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:55 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Ok people, the bailout money has been paid back, the system is still a failure, that's the problem, not the money because most of it was recovered.

Carry on with the Apple postco(rpse)ital snuggling.

Last edited by jakethesnake on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:56 pm
mattarl

I heard him compared to Ben Franklin today.
I'd say that's right on. RIP

...side note
AdamBomb wrote:

my dad totally has one of these from when I was growing up and still tries to use it. nostalgia!
Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:57 pm
MYOWNCLICHE

I was afraid this was what was up with the change in command.
I saw his pic on the News tonight and even with out any sound I KNEW.
RIP Steve and Thanks for everything.
Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:09 pm
mancabbage

jakethesnake wrote:
Ok people, the bailout money has been paid back, the system is still a failure, that's the problem, not the money because most of it was recovered.

Carry on with the Apple postco(rpse)ital snuggling.

Ah come on, why be a nob?
Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:11 pm
english bob

^ nice that some people get the whole 'time / place' concept..

anyway. sure this is doing the rounds but i only just watched it:

great speech..
Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:39 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Astro

westboro baptist church uses iphone-to announce steve jobs funeral protest.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/under-god/post/westboro-baptist-church-uses-iphone-to-announce-steve-jobs-funeral-protest/2011/10/06/gIQAJqBjPL_blog.html
Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:49 am
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

jakethesnake wrote:

Most of the original TARP money has been recovered. Some of it has not, but most has. You're right. But I hope you know that's not the only form of assistance these banks got. Quite a bit of this assistance has not been repaid.

Further, even if it were all paid back, try this analogy. Let's say you have $1 trillion dollars. Let's say you can use that $1 trillion on pretty much anything you want. Let's say you've got a bunch of scientist friends who are like "Yeah dude we're onto this new treatment but we need some money, will you read my grant proposal and maybe give me $1 million? I know it's a lot but compared to what you have it really isn't and besides you will probably get cancer someday and need what we're developing."

Then imagine you have this other friend who drives up in a loud sports car wearing the most douche-looking sunglasses you can imagine and says "YO BRO I NEED $1 TRILLION RIGHT NOW OR YOU'LL REGRET IT DON'T ASK WHY."

Let's say you lend to that second friend and then tell your scientist friends that you just don't have any money right now, they'll have to make do. Then your first friend eventually pays you back most of the money he borrowed, but in the intervening years that lent sum of money represents investments in your scientist friends (among other things) that you weren't making. Further, that "most" means that there is still enough money missing to pay for 20 big-time medical research projects.

Then 20 years later (just over the average life cycle of a cancer drug R&D and initial copyright period), you get cancer and die. So does one of the scientists. The douchebag retires to five houses scattered around the world where he pays illegal workers less than minimum wage to clean his house.

Do you feel good about yourself after all that, Jake?
Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:03 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

What you just described is the "OccupyWallStreet" movement.
Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:05 am
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

I admit that went over my head. Then I reread it and still found it flying way above my head. It's not getting any lower.
Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:07 am
Jesse Custer

Eric B wrote:

The irony is almost too much to bear

What's ironic?

They're not condemning technology or Jobs' inventions.

They're condemning the fact that he didn't use his public platform to 'give glory to God'.

I know it's hilaaarious to see what these fruitcakes have to say about situations but this is just reaching.
Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:34 am
anomaly
Loserface

Religion itself is reaching.

This death has really brought the trolls out the woodwork on my FB. My friends are assholes
Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:31 am
bFreyer

anomaly wrote:
Religion itself is reaching.

This death has really brought the trolls out the woodwork on my FB. My friends are assholes

I'm experiencing the same thing. I hearing he wasn't that great of a man cause he didn't want to donate to the troops or anything for the war(s). That does't matter, I mean he started up a company, and was very successful at that, and the point of a business is to make money and if he chose not to give it away I don't blame him. My father died at the same age as him, and it was from him being in Vietnam, agent orange killed him that many years later. The services didn't do anything for him, the Vets association had to help him. Anyways that was off topic.....but People have to look past that he didn't donate, and look at what he did, he revolutionized so many things. The way we communicate with face time, the way we compute from phones to the iPad, the way we listen to music (even though iTunes is not the best choice for artists) with iTunes and the iPods. The man had dreams and visions and would not stop for nothing until he reached them.

I think it's a sad time for not only the Apple community, but the tech community as a whole. I think it would be the same it were Gates. Now the the competition will change for the worse in my opinion. As a long time Apple user I feel devastated, maybe cause I admired the man and the products he was passionate about, or he died the same way my father did. All in all his was a great man, an intelligent man, and a man that displayed his passion in his products. R.I.P. Mr. Steven Paul Jobs.

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:39 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

I don't give a fuck that he started a business. He was a great person because of the technology he developed.

Joe down the street started his own business. His neighbor Bob will next year. Who cares.

Steve Jobs basically invented the modern computer. That's worth giving a fuck about.
Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:45 pm
bFreyer

breakreep wrote:
I don't give a fuck that he started a business. He was a great person because of the technology he developed.

Joe down the street started his own business. His neighbor Bob will next year. Who cares.

Steve Jobs basically invented the modern computer. That's worth giving a fuck about.

You're so right on that. He set the standards for what is expected for computers all the way to cell phones. He developed a a great line of products that don't get enough respect from the other side of the tech world.
Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next