Search
Register
NBA 2011-2012. The NBA is back!!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Prontoid

Am I missing a thread? Why has this playoff run received no posts at all on here?
Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51 pm
anomaly
Loserface

cause fuck Miami; that's why.
Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:10 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm personally just burnt out on the NBA after this season. It might just be because I'm a Magic fan and my team is in shambles and the franchise is a joke. But I also am just tired of this rushed season and I agree with fuck miami.
Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:47 pm
squirtisblow

yea fuck miami. they are not a very elegant team. it's like watching street ball all the time. i really want OKC to win. the shortened season was terrible. It was fun to see games almost every night, but those guys just get burnt out and they need time to recoup and not injur themselves like Drose. I thought i heard stern saying he liked it the other night and he thought it was great. Yea, great for owners, bad for players, though.
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:52 am
JohnSchwan

squirtisblow wrote:
yea fuck miami. they are not a very elegant team. it's like watching street ball all the time. i really want OKC to win. the shortened season was terrible. It was fun to see games almost every night, but those guys just get burnt out and they need time to recoup and not injur themselves like Drose. I thought i heard stern saying he liked it the other night and he thought it was great. Yea, great for owners, bad for players, though.

El oh el, it's like streetball. Have you ever watched Durant, Harding and Westbrook play? I feel bad for people who blindly hate Lebron to the point that they can't enjoy watching some of the best basketball we'll see for quite some time.

I generally don't post about basketball since mostly everyone hates the Heat now. I did however think it was awesome seeing Futur get retweeted by one of my favorite NBA bloggers a bunch of times.
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:43 pm
squirtisblow

yea, i know the thunder play a similar game that is very high paced. parts of last night's game starte dlooking like college ball. but i'd rather see a young small market thunder team win over big market, huge ego miami. i understand it's easy to hate miami and i hate them and that's ok with me. i dont blindly hate lebron, i just dont like what they did with their team.
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:52 am
AdamBomb

I would love to see the Thunder come back. I really feel like this is the battle of good vs. evil. Battier is one of the worst cheap shot dudes I've ever seen. You can't even attribute it to incidental, aggressive play...just blatant. And Miami is annoying with the incessant drawing foul culture. They don't even have to take a shot or leave the ground and they get "continuation" fouls all day long. LeBron literally barrels through the middle without dribbling and bumps into everybody to get a foul without taking a shot (or he will just throw it up after the fact). If a defensive player jumps off the ground, Wade will then jump into them and then throw the ball around wildly to draw the foul. So, Im gonna say that these guys would get stomped in street ball...fukoutta here with all this flopping and whining to draw fouls. Just play.

The Thunder look like how college teams play. They hustle, they play D, they don't whine after every play. Westwood burns more calories than the whole Heat. Durant is amazing and a class act.

I will say that last game was pretty much lost due to OKC's Harden. Dude was cold the whole time and just kept blowing possessions by taking shots and bricking. He was Carlton taking the shot when he was supposed to just "Pass it to Will" (Westwood, who was on fire). He blew that jump ball tip at the end, made wack passes and turnovers.
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:39 am
redball

Westwood is constantly the best player on the court. Every time he's out there I get goosebumps.
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:55 am
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

am I nuts or are we referring to Russel Westbrook here?
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:23 pm
squirtisblow

lol, yea i dunno when he became westwood.

but yea, i agree about harden. he really shit the bed last night. miami is just a more experienced finals team. the thunder need someone else who can step up and make some points. it's been durant, westbrook, and harden all year and now harden is losing himself.
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:50 pm
JohnSchwan

So many wrong things being said here.

First of all, Miami is only the 14th biggest NBA market on the league, so barely even the top half of size.

Also, Battier is a cheap shot artist? Battier, the guy who is liked by almost everyone in the NBA is a dirty player? Not true, especially if you've actually watched him throughout his career.

Also, about Lebron "barreling through" is foolish, just really ridiculous to claim this if you actually watch him play. The throwing it up after the play thjng is what every NBA player does when they're fouled, because they are taught to. In fact, Harden is great at this, he puts the ball out in front of him on the drive, gets hit and throws up the ball after the whistle blows.

Paul Pierce does the same exact pump fake and get the defense to jump in the air and shoot thing, because it works and you shouldn't fall for the pump fake. Actually, a lot of players do it.

This made up narrative that the Heat flop more than any other team is laughable all teams flop, Westbrook constantly flops and then complains about it. I will admit it annoys me when any player constantly complains about it. Did you watch the game last night? And really, a team that has Perkins on it and you're saying they don't complain about calls?

Players are adapting to the inconsistencies of NBA refs, and flopping...all across the NBA.

Yes, Westbrook is very fast but really why discount the fact that Lebron guards 1-5 every game.

Also, Westbrook is not constantly the best player on the floor, he's not even constantly the best player on his team.

Last edited by JohnSchwan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:59 pm
redball

GrantherBirdly wrote:
am I nuts or are we referring to Russel Westbrook here?

Listen, Westwood is amazing. I mean, you guys don't know anything. Miami is out there flopping like they're competing for the Euros and Westwood throws down 43 and nobody cares because they lost. Of course they lost, because not a single foul called that night on OKC was legit. I mean Lebron, the axis of all evil, just drives to the hoop and OKC players can't help but hit him and he gets all these calls. That simply has no place in the game.
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:06 pm
JohnSchwan

Ahhh, now I see the sarcasm, and now I can fully appreciate it. :-*
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:13 pm
tommi teardrop

I really like both teams. But I want Lebron to get this ring. Shit, I want him to win five more after this and rub everyone's noses in it. Battier is exactly what you want in a role player.

I don't like all the charges, but that's not just a heat thing. They are calling charges if the defender even gets close to being set.

Neither team is playing great ball, but it's fun as shit to watch. Holy Mario Chalmers. Game of his life.

If the thunder can land a big man with a real post game, they will dominate the west for years.
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:53 pm
Brynjar

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:23 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next