Search
Register
What's up with Sleep?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

medicineman
HALFLING

Can you buy "Christopher" anywhere? My friend bought it at Fifth Element like three years ago and I listened to it once or twice with him but I've never seen it anywhere else, I'd like to hear it again.
Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:01 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Yeah...it's an SFR album. We have it on the site this forum is attached to.
haha.

Did you...check? Just wondering if there was a glitch or if it was difficult to find.

Here's a link to Sleep's two SFR albums: www.tinyurl.com/SleepOldominion

They are also on our Bandcamp page: www.strangefamousrecords.bandcamp.com

And iTunes, Amazon, etc
Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:38 pm
anomaly
Loserface

I do believe thy ass just got serveth w a healthy dose of blaaaahw.
Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:46 pm
medicineman
HALFLING

I didn't check right then, but I have before, a few times, but a while ago. I don't know if it's been added more recently then or not but I remember it being not available, it seemed anywhere when you were amping "Hesitation Wounds" and that being frustrating. Maybe I'm crazy and that was also awhile ago. My b. Edit: and now I have bought it from you, thanks, lol
Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:25 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I appreciate that. I don't know why it would be frustrating that we were "amping" Hesitation Wounds, but that is his latest solo album. I think it's great. Just as I think Christopher is great. But, yeah, both albums have been available on all the sites I've stated in my last post since they've been in our hands. And we're chomping at the bit to hear this new album of his. This is going to be a good year.
Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:02 am
Prontoid

Sage Francis wrote:
I appreciate that. I don't know why it would be frustrating that we were "amping" Hesitation Wounds, but that is his latest solo album. I think it's great. Just as I think Christopher is great. But, yeah, both albums have been available on all the sites I've stated in my last post since they've been in our hands. And we're chomping at the bit to hear this new album of his. This is going to be a good year.

Is it chomping or champing?
Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:22 am
medicineman
HALFLING

Sage Francis wrote:

No I meant that when Hesitation Wounds was the new shit I couldn't seem to find Christopher and that was frustrating. That's why I posted about it before. I assumed it was like a not common issue or something because the couple times I searched around for it a few years ago it didn't seem to be available on your common sources like Amazon or whatever around that time. Anyhow.
Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:56 am
Captiv8

I would imagine Riot by Candlelight would be more difficult to find that Christopher. But it's not. And while I like Christopher I think RBC is the better record because Sleep just sounds pissed and possessed. But Hesitation Wounds is a different beast altogether. Pure fire like a virgin demon.

Also, thanks for the update on Sleep, Sage. Glad to know the man is still hustling.
Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:13 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Hesitation Wounds is def one of my favorite albums of recent
Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:37 am
SFR announcement

medicineman wrote:
No I meant that when Hesitation Wounds was the new shit I couldn't seem to find Christopher and that was frustrating.

Ah, gotcha. We didn't have ownership of that album until soon after Hesitation Wounds came out. We will stay stocked on that album and try to stock as many stores who will hold it. It'll always be available on all of the digital stores which is where most people are getting their music now these days. I'm not sure how these sites will be able to store a trillion albums, but they sure do make enough money to hire a team to figure it out.
Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:57 am
PatrickBateman

This thread is perfect. In the past two weeks or so about both Sleep and Cinnamonica.

Keep surfing my wavelength, forum.
Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:53 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
adic

Christopher is one my favorite hip hop albums of all-time.. The production is great, and it's incredibly consistent for a hip hop album. I only skip one song, which I can only say is true for a few albums..

Sleep's other albums are good too, but not even close to Christopher...

Can't want to hear the new one... Looking forward to the new Sage album(s) too..
Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3