Search
Register
B Dolan interview in promo of Iceland show. + HONEYMOON
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

SFR announcement

B Dolan interview in promo of Iceland show. + HONEYMOON  Reply with quote  

Someone in the comments section of B's facebook update mentioned that "Marriage" is the same word as "Poison" in Icelandic. So this honeymoon of his in Iceland will be the true test. And, yes, he's playing a show while he's there:
SEPT 22, B.Dolan, Diddi Fel & 7Berg Gauknum https://www.facebook.com/events/263800487065694/

Here's the interview B did with an Icelandic magazine:

Q: Are you looking forward to coming to Iceland again?

A: Absolutely. The last time we played Iceland it was one of my favorite shows of that year. The crowd was packed and rowdy. The shark tasted like urine. I ate a sheep's face, and they played my most blasphemous song on local radio.

Q: I heard you were going on your honeymoon to Iceland (congratulations!) But why Iceland?

A: I really was mystified by Iceland and charmed by Reykjavik the last time I was out there, and when thinking about where to spend our honeymoon I couldn't think of a better spot. It's quiet and pretty and the food is good. Amen.

Q: How will you spend your honeymoon here?

A: The usual tourist stuff, I imagine. Polar bear hunts. Whale riding. Puffin orgies.

Q: You are a political rapper, and a good one too. Where does your interest in politics come from?

A: "Political rapper" is a term that's applied to me, but I don't feel it covers what I do. I could name you 12 songs from my last album that have absolutely nothing to do with politics.

I do rap about politics though, which is something that seems to classify you if you do it. My interest in politics most likely comes from stumbling upon rappers like Chuck D and KRS-One and beginning to think critically about the government. Their music sparked a real urge in me to read more, think more and act more.

Q: Many rappers rap about money, sex and themselves. Does that kind of rap interest you or do you think they should rap more about their society rather than themselves?

A: I think rappers should rap about reality. If your reality is money and sex, then rap about that. If your reality is violence, go for it. "Write what you know" is an old rule, but it's a good one. When you do that, there's a quality that comes through that makes for good rap music. When you're faking it, I believe people will sense that eventually. I hate most "conscious" rap though. That's something I should probably qualify my answer with because I sense that you're pointing that way with your question. People are contradictory. Rappers who try to present themselves as otherwise raise the hairs on the back of my neck.
Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:59 pm
Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Re: B Dolan interview in promo of Iceland show. + HONEYMOON  Reply with quote  

Q: How will you spend your honeymoon here?
A: The usual tourist stuff, I imagine. Polar bear hunts. Whale riding. Puffin orgies.

Hahaha - Awesome.
Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Captiv8

Puffins like rough stuff when buffing puffin muff.
Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:50 am
mzehe916

Is all this activity inclusive or do you have to pay extra to ride the whales? Also, congratulations on your marriage and enjoy your honeymoon. Even if you do have to work while you are there :P
Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:46 am
Brynjar

Re: B Dolan interview in promo of Iceland show. + HONEYMOON  Reply with quote  

Congrats and good luck B.

SFR announcement wrote:
Someone in the comments section of B's facebook update mentioned that "Marriage" is the same word as "Poison" in Icelandic.

lolwtf, no
Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:55 am
SFR announcement

Awwwww. It's a good story nonetheless. haha
Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:15 pm

Jump to: