Search
Register
"COPPER GONE" US, CAN, UK, EURO - New dates added!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

DULUTH has been added to my mini-midwest excursion.

10/24 - Minneapolis, MN
Sage Francis at Pourhouse with Mixed Blood Majority and Kristoff Krane.
$13 pre-sale tix: www.tinyurl.com/PourhouseSageTix
POURHOUSE, 10 SOUTH 5TH ST
Doors: 8pm,18+

10/25 - Sioux Falls, SD
Sage Francis at Bigs
$12 pre-sale tix https://tinyurl.com/SiouxFallsSageTix
18+ / GENERAL ADMISSION event
Bigs, 3110 w 12th st

DULUTH, MN - 10/26
Sage Francis at Pizza Luce
$10 TICKETS available at https://sageluce.eventbrite.com/
Tickets are also available at Pizza Luce.
This is a 21+. Doors at 9pm, show at 10pm.
Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:05 pm
SFR announcement

MINNEAPOLIS, MN - 11/14
No Bird Sing
"Definition Sickness" album release show at The Cedar
Doors Open: 7:00pm
Advance: $10.00 Day of show: $12.00
all ages
Ticket link: http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3811034&pl=cedar
Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:15 pm
SFR announcement

October 5th - Uppsala, Sweden

Sage Francis will be headlining Ordsprak, an international poetry festival.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1411391009077179/
Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:57 pm
Jesus Frank

Aww man, gonna have to miss out on the Sweden show this time around. I'll be on travels.

But one cool thing: I saw a big poster of you out of nowhere today, Sage. Awesome moment:)
Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:07 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I'm touring AUSTRALIA with Looptroop this DECEMBER:

DEC 12 – BRISBANE @ Hi-Fi www.tickets.thehifi.com.au/
DEC 13 – SYNDEY @ Hi-Fi www.tickets.thehifi.com.au/
DEC 14 – MELBOURNE @ Hi-Fi www.tickets.thehifi.com.au/
DEC 15 – ADELAIDE @ The Gov www.moshtix.com.au
DEC 18 – PERTH @ Villa www.moshtix.com.au

Post Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:15 pm
DeadAwake

Anyone else on here order online through Moshtix? So, you have to print the ticket yourself now? Which wouldnt be so bad if their crappy mailing system sent out the email with the ticket image.
Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:40 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Speaking of crappy, it took me 48 hours to get to Brisbane. haha. Holy fucking shittt. The good news is that I made it here before the first show despite all the wrenches being thrown into the works. I almost wish this tour was longer because I'm no type of rush to make the journey back home now.
Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:04 am
DeadAwake

Well, i spoke too soon. Didn't know gmail partitioned mail into three categories now.

Damn, i don't envy that. Worse part of flying for me is that recycled air which causes my nasal cavities to become dessicated completely. So, thanks for enduring the trip.

Anyway, welcome to our prehistoric, eden like island-continent again.
Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:15 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

DeadAwake wrote:
Well, i spoke too soon. Didn't know gmail partitioned mail into three categories now.

You can click on the gear looking-icon in the upper right corner to get rid of that shit. It's annoying how gmail went and made that the default function. They've been doing a lot of annoying shit as of late.
Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:41 am
SFR announcement

3 new show dates for Buffalo, Providence and Los Angeles(-ish)

B. DOLAN (w/ live band)
Jan 18 - BUFFALO, NY at Duke's Bohemian Grove Bar
https://bdolanbuffalo.brownpapertickets.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROLYPHIC
Jan 30 - Prolyphic is headlining the "Church of Providence" at Fete Music.
Tons of performers and all for $10. Get all info here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1464748130419491/?context=create

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAGE FRANCIS
Feb 13 - SANTA ANA, CA - w/ B. Dolan & Anacron at the Observatory:
http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=4000084
Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:26 pm
SFR announcement

TWO Sage Francis + B. Dolan shows in SoCal this February:

Feb 13 - SANTA ANA, CA at The Observatory
w/ B. Dolan & Anacron. ALL AGES:
http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=4000084

Feb 14 - VENTURA, CA at Upper Deck
w/ B. Dolan. ALL AGES.
http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/476855

A full North American tour is being booked right now for June/July after the "Copper Gone" album drops. This will be followed by a UK & European tour. Details will be posted soon at www.StrangeFamous.com
Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:00 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

MARCH 14 – Austin, TX

If you’re attending SXSW this year, you can catch me at Club 512 at 1am. B. Dolan and Wheelchair Sports Camp will also be part of this showcase so get there by at least midnight!
Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:25 pm
SFR announcement

One review from the Santa Ana show, and another review from the Ventura show.

SANTA ANA REVIEW

OC Weekly:
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/heardmentality/2014/02/sage_francis_observatory_review.php

The Observatory swelled to capacity last night (it sold out the night before) as the crowd awaited a night of swiftly delivered cerebral lyrics from the Epitaph Records' lone rapper, Sage Francis. The bald headed of emcee appeared on stage looking more like a bodyguard than a revered lyricist. With a drawn-on comb over, likely the work of Sharpie, Sage seemed to be giving us his best recreation of Bill Murray hairdo in Kingpin.

With his back turned to the crowd, a sign rose above his usually bald head that would be disappointing to most attending your run-of-the-mill hip-hop show: "No DJ." The crowd cheered before the tacky sign was thrown into the crowd. Following that, a more obvious sign arose: "No Band." The next sign read:"No Hypeman." What kind of hip-hop show would this be then?! The final sign notified the us there'd be "No Problems" that night before the Rhode Island rapper faced the crowd to reveal a black shirt bearing red, cut-out paper hearts. Sage Francis was ready to rock!

Beginning with "Escape Artist" and then transitioning into "Crack Pipes," it became clear that what also should've been mentioned in that sign-waving intro should have been notices that there would also be no effects to his voice--only raw emotion--and the crowd would be his only back up. As the lyrics of the song began to outline his anti-establishment persona, he holds the mic stand up to his shoulder and points it in the air like an M-16 as he discourses on the legitimacy of our America's military-industrial complex.

Serving as his own selector, Sage made trips to a bedazzled laptop sitting atop the altar where turntables are usually praised. Alongside the magical laptop was a large, intriguing gift bag. Finally taking a break after working the sardine packed room to sauna-like temperatures, the sweaty emcee took his first break with the impeccably horrid comb over still intact. He jokes that his most played track on Spotify, "Sea Lion," should've been called "She Lyin." Soon thereafter he flicks one of the paper hearts off his chest (no lie, the hearts flies through to the back of the room and lands dead on the left side of my chest).

For his next act, he gave us some of his acclaimed spoken word. The crowd, who'd been singing along to his lyrics with an occult like affection quieted for the allegorical "Waterline." Exhibiting his diversity as an artist even more, Sage appears from what should be called his magician's table with a melodica to play us his best John Williams cover of the Star Wars theme.

The 37 year-old also took the time wish the audience a happy Valentine's Day, when it became apparent that the red hearts on his chest were his décor for the holiday. He carved out a little time to talk about his love life, saying his music was generated by the failures of his relationships as a sappy ballad played in the background. And while it may have been a good time to sympathize with the big guy, he took a dude in the crowd, who'd come with his girlfriend up on stage and slow danced with him as the sad song played, capping the dance off with a kiss and a very vulgar "now get the fuck off the stage!" In an attempt to keep the romantic feel of the night going, patrons were blessed with pseudo-striptease that ended with Sage's chubby fingers in his mouth and his black pants on the floor.
Before leaving his fans, Sage told the crowd that he'd been diagnosed with walking pneumonia. We would have never noticed. As the show came to a close, B. Dolan, the show's opener joined Sage for a few songs and to share some goodies from the earlier mentioned goodie bag on stage. It was broccoli trees! (That also happened to come in my direction, hitting me in the leg). But better than ending the show with vegetable fight, Sage jumped down off the stage and took the time and to stop and take pics with every single fan that waited. Salute!

Overheard: When Sage announced that he'd be diagnosed with pneumonia, a lanky figure replied, "I want your pneumonia!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VENTURA REVIEW

http://realeyezapparel.com/2014/02/sage-francis-b-dolan-strange-famous/

The start time was pushed back due to technical difficulties because of what I can only assume as the sound guy not knowing his shit. They couldn’t get the equipment setup so resorted to a fallback of playing their sets off of their laptops. B. Dolan opened, and brought the hype. Ten seconds into his first song, the urgency and confusion of the crowd was whilst away. Attention was drawn to every word that was spoken, while head nods were in sync like a military march. B. Dolan and Sage Francis actually look a lot alike, and they both look like an older version of Watson. I thought the correlation was on point.

Sage Francis stepped onto the stage wearing a Strange Famous Dickies style jacket with a cape wrapping his neck and draped over his head. He was blinded to the crowd, yet to show his face, but everyone knew it was him. He setup a laptop with a valentine’s day themed cover. As the intro song started to play, he held up a sign that read, “No Band”. The ear-piercing roar of the crowd reinforced the makeshift billboard. He threw the sign behind his back into the crowd to hold up another one that read, “No DJ”. The roars amplified as they hype of the crowd kept climbing. “No Girlfriend”, read the next one, shining light on the Valentines Day tradition. Sage Francis turned around with hearts taped to his chest. He made a statement with the last sign reinforced by piercing eye contact. It read, “No Problem”. As the crowd digested the message in their own interpretation it evoked a fluent reaction of, “Fuck yea! This guy is awesome.”. After what I thought to be one of the most hyped stage presence intros, my expectations became fell into the unknown. From that point forward, they were repetitively exceeded progressively on through the night. During his first song, he stepped down into the crowd and walked into the forming of, the first of many, mosh pits, untouched, like a god among men. It was the first time I’ve ever been in the firing lines of a mosh pit at a hip-hop concert. It was an experience. Sage Francis kept the hype and crowd interaction notoriously while unmasking his emotional interpretation through a mixture of raw unfiltered hip-hop and pure unconditional spoken word to be directly heard by myself, among many. After his closing song, Sage Francis stepped into the crowd once again. However, this time, he began hugging his fans, one after another. I could see the man behind the mask slowly stepping out of character and back into the reality of another. Sage Francis and B. Dolan are Strange Famous.
Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:39 pm
Mikal kHill

I am also playing the SXSW showcase with Sage & B. Dolan & Wheelchair Sports Camp. I've actually met some forumfolks at my previous SXSW showcases so I hope I get to meet some more folks this year. I go on at like 9:15, though. Super excited, especially about seeing WCSC live for the first time, I've only got to see them via youtube clips and stuff previously.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:36 pm
passenger

Sage Francis wrote:
MARCH 14 – Austin, TX

If you’re attending SXSW this year, you can catch me at Club 512 at 1am. B. Dolan and Wheelchair Sports Camp will also be part of this showcase so get there by at least midnight!

I know ALL the good taco joints in town. Hit me up if you guys want a free dinner on me, haha.
Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next