Search
Register
"WORKING MAN" LP - Prolyphic & Buddy Peace
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

FIIIIIIIIIIIRE

https://soundcloud.com/strangefamousrecords/drugdealer
Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:08 am
xxdr. mad69xx

Dang
Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:00 pm
Captiv8

Now that is the kind of sound I'm looking for. Those drums are so crisp and I love the slinky guitar lead.
Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:06 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

New Single: "DRUG DEALER"
https://soundcloud.com/strangefamousrecords/drugdealer

I was surprised to see some people not feeling the style of "Business As Usual" as that's one of my favorite songs on the album. Maybe I'm so pumped about it because it's a deviation from Prolyphic's typical delivery (even on the Working Man album.) Also, I think it works really well in the context of the full album. But, yeah, this "Drug Dealer" song is also one of my favorites. We'll be dropping this video very soon.

Enjoy!!!

Last edited by Sage Francis on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:28 am
mancabbage

god damn, buddy peace setting those drums on fire, scratching too :D. love it
Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:25 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

For those not interested in the physical package deals, the itunes pre-order is available NOW:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/working-man/id620604749
Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:47 am
Mikal kHill

Those drums!
Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:14 pm
Nemonic7

Will those that pre-ordered be getting the album shipped early (like a week or 2 before release date)? I think I read on the SFR facebook that album will be shipping in a couple weeks and that was last week I read that.
Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:43 pm
SFR announcement

Yes, we plan on shipping it out a week and a half before the street date to make sure our customers have it on April 30th or before.
Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:47 pm
Nemonic7

Thanks. I just got a turntable and I'm thinking of adding the Prolyphic & Reanimator - Artist Goes Pop SIGNED 12" to my order. I have the Ugly Truth album of course as I have everything Prolyphic has ever done but I don't have that Salt instrumental and it's so dope and it's only found on this 12". Would I have to pay anything more on top of the price (like extra shipping) if I had it delivered with my order of The Working Man album?

Edit: Listening to Salt now and he's saying "I don't wanna work no more" and his new album is called "The Working Man". lol.

Edit: Funny story about that specific 12". Some years back I went to see Prolyphic live and he wanted to sell me some merch but I told him I already had everything he put out and he was trying to sell me the Artist Goes Pop 12" and I told him that I didn't have a turntable and he had this disappointed look on his face but then he gave me a tee shirt which was dope and I still rock the shirt hard to this day. 5 years later I'm finally buying that 12".

Actually I haven't received the turntable yet. It's on it's way in the mail, should arrive soon. I have some other vinyl coming with it. I'm going to try those out first to see if the player works right before ordering any more new vinyl but if it works right I'll be purchasing that Artist Goes Pop 12".
Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:50 pm
SFR announcement

Hey Nemonic,
If you want to add the 12" to your Working Man pre-sale order, just contact customerservice@strangefamousrecords.com with your order # and explain that you want to add the 12" to it. However, you may have to pay additional shipping as a vinyl record has to be packaged in its own box. If they can manage to fit the other things you ordered into that same box and keep them safe from damage then maybe some money can be saved. Feel free to copy and paste this text into the email you send.
Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:29 pm
Nemonic7

I'm just going to order it separately. I don't mind the extra shipping and if it comes in a separate package from my Working Man album order if that is the best way to keep both orders safe as I understand the size difference of each order. I'm ordering it now as I've received my turntable and it works fine.
Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:06 pm
SFR announcement

"Twelve Percenters" is a new free bonus cut from Prolyphic & Buddy Peace!

TWELVE PERCENTERS touches upon unemployment woes, the blue collar struggle, and basically acts as the mission statement for Prolyphic & Buddy Peace's "Working Man" LP (www.tinyurl.com/WorkingManSFR). This song is a free offering for the day-to-day survivors living check to check..."because survival's getting expensive."

The song's title is in reference to Rhode Island's 12% unemployment rate which was a national high just a couple years back. Prolyphic uses this driving, atmospheric Buddy Peace beat to display his disillusionment with the downward spiral of our economy while speaking on behalf of the world's working class in all its frustration. Since many of the other tracks on "Working Man" delve into each specific issue that is touched upon in this song, it was decided to remove Twelve Percenters from the album and let it act as a teaser for what people can expect when the LP drops on April 30th.

iTunes pre-sale for the album available at: www.itunes.apple.com/us/album/working-man/id620604749

Pre-sale PHYSICAL package deals (including signed CDs, stickers, buttons, posters, instrumental version and more) available now at:
www.tinyurl.com/WorkingManLP
Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:23 pm
Limbs

hahaha awww man i was thinking about half way through this is the first song that grabbed me. Then i read the rest. I am waiting for the album to really pay it attention though.

This song must be played live.
Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:03 am
Limbs

Tell me there is going to be a pro buddy tour. On liberty: the pro buddy system. these things name themselves.
Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:13 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next