Search
Register
CO shows April 2013. IT'S OVER! Pics + reviews inside.
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

CO shows April 2013. IT'S OVER! Pics + reviews inside.  Reply with quote  

I'm headlining 3 of the shows (Boulder, Grand Junction, Durango.)

Prolyphic is playing all five with Wheelchair Sports Camp.

4/18 - BOULDER, CO
Sage Francis, Prolyphic, Wheelchair Sports Camp
@ Fox Theatre

4/19 - GRAND JUNCTION, CO
Sage Francis, Prolyphic + WSC
@ Mesa Theater

4/20 - DURANGO, CO
Sage Francis, Prolyphic, WCS, Bullhead*ded
@ The Summit

4/21 - PUEBLO, CO
@ Phil's Radiator
Prolyphic + WSC

4/22 - COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
@ The V Bar
Prolyphic, Bullhead*ded & more

Last edited by Sage Francis on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:46 pm
Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Re: 5 shows in COLORADO!!! 4/18 - 4/22  Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:
I'm headlining 3 of the shows (Boulder, Grand Junction, Durango.)

4/18 - BOULDER, CO
Sage Francis, Prolyphic, Wheelchair Sports Camp
@ Fox Theatre
Tickets: http://foxtheatre.com/2013/04/18/0830PM/Sage-Francis
FB event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/276880479109346/

Looking forward to this show. My wife surprised me with tickets for my thirtieth B-Day that's on the 26th. We're driving up to Boulder CO from ABQ New Mexico and hanging there for a few days. We can't wait for the show!
Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:12 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Fuck yes! That is GUARANTEED to be an interesting show.
Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:17 pm
xGasPricesx

Man, Colorado gets five shows and Arizona can't even get one. I'm curious, cause I know we don't have the best hip-hop scene out here, is it a hassle to book shows in this state? Or did scheduling conflicts get in the way or just not enough time this go around?
Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:35 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

xGasPricesx wrote:
Man, Colorado gets five shows and Arizona can't even get one. I'm curious, cause I know we don't have the best hip-hop scene out here, is it a hassle to book shows in this state? Or did scheduling conflicts get in the way or just not enough time this go around?

I actually contacted Arizona promoters before the Colorado promoters. A couple shows were possible but they didn't end up being anything close to what the CO shows were bringing. My people in AZ who I've worked with for the past decade or so have ended up working with people like Mac Miller, Odd Future and Yella. More power to them for having big shows and making more money, but it's really frustrating for the independent acts who they started their own careers out with to be left with scraps. Fuck it though. Colorado it is for now. That's always been one of the strongest markets for our scene and they continue to support. If nothing else I'll be back to AZ when it comes time to book an official national tour.
Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:28 am
Limbs

i will make one of these shows.
Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:06 am
PH34R

COME BACK TO FLA!
Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:27 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I played Florida 4 months ago. I'll certainly be back.
Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:35 pm
duxz

Fuark I'm so excited for tomorrows show, its Béen a couple years.
I want a myspace classic staredown photo with sage

I'm also am taking a girl I like on a first date so set it right paul!!1
Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:58 pm
Limbs

A good show is a perfect first date. It's better than anything that comes after. Luck to ya!
Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:39 am
Bob_ptmfus

[quote="Sage Francis"]
xGasPricesx wrote:
If nothing else I'll be back to AZ when it comes time to book an official national tour.

I thought you were done with full-blown tours?
Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:10 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

The three shows that we did together were invigorating in many ways. The Fox Theatre show in Boulder was the biggest of the three, and that's a city that I first played in 2001 with Atmosphere. The only reason I know that is because someone actually had me sign a ticket from that show. Shit kind of blew my mind. That was a fan who probably had no idea who I was in 2001 but they're still coming to my shows out there twelve years later. That means more to me than I can explain. We got a great chuckle out of how much difficulty they had spelling Prolyphic's name on the marquee:

We even got a Sole appearance on stage during Can I Kick It. Fun little freestyle which is something I haven't done in too long. Here's a review of the Fox show from Basementalism:
http://www.radio1190.org/sage-francis-at-the-fox-theatre/

The shows in Durango and Grand Junction, neither of which are cities I've played before, were equally rewarding in their own way. It's really bizarre driving so long in the middle of nowhere only to end up in a small town where you discover that people have been big fans for the better part of a decade. Or longer. I even saw a couple Xaul Zan jerseys. Although the Grand Junction show was probably filled with the MOST love, just before I hit the stage there were a couple drunk girls trying to make their way back stage. I was surprised to see this message sitting on my FB wall the next day:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152782421430377&set=a.10150216488590377.438624.159174620376&type=1&theater

I actually got to meet Duncan Jewett for the first time in Durango, and he's a guy I've been working on songs with for over a year now. The show there was on a tiny, tiny "stage." Prolyphic was laughing the entire time and I thought it was because he was high (it was 420 afterall.) Apparently he just couldn't get over how ridiculous the situation was with all these people crowded around, no sound monitors, a pole in the front center of the stage, etc.

We made it work though. Pro and Wheelchair Sports Camp got the crowd going in a serious way at each of the shows and I'd like to thank them for helping make each night a special one for me. I must admit that I kind of broke down during Best of Times at the Durango show. Last song of the last show and something about it choked me up bad. I had damn hard time making my way through, but when the show was finished we kind of just...made super serious plans to have breakfast the next morning. Haha. If any of you guys made it out to these shows or helped promote them in any way, thank you very much. It was a total blast.

P.S. I wasn't part of the Pueblo show or the booking there, but fuck Phil's Radiator. Do not ever go there on tour. It was an absolute nightmare for Prolyphic, WSC and Bullhead*ded. I'll let Pro explain that if he wishes to do so, but mainly I hope people take my word for it. Phil's Radiator is a grimy, shady, untrustworthy "venue."
Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:56 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to: