Search
Register
soundwave - new music based social network, anyone on this?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

mancabbage

soundwave - new music based social network, anyone on this?  Reply with quote  

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2013/06/20/soundwave-is-a-new-way-to-discover-what-music-the-people-around-you-are-listening-to-and-share-your-taste-with-the-world/

I just got on, its pretty cool - you get a twitter esque feed of what the people you follow have been listening to and can go straight to those songs on youtube, sound cloud or itunes store (if they're there). So I can see that stephen fry has been listening to that robert plant record, my mate was listening to some pharcyde earlier today and he can see i was listening to the bee gees...

It automatically pulls the data from the native music apps from ios and android in the background - so its based off of the mp3's you're playing on your phone rather than streaming like spottily,

but the real cool thing is the map feature, you can circle any area of a map and see what people are playing in that area and when - this is all anonymous, you can't see who, but its pretty cool to know that someone in the office over from me was playing a tribe called quest today, useless perhaps, but still cool.
Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:15 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i really like sharing music with others and certain tracks and whatnot but im not sure i like this setup/system, seems too invading, the best way to share for me is just posting a youtube/soundcloud/bandcamp link
Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:24 am
mzehe916

Off topic, but whatever happened to that bike lock thing you and your brothers created?
Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:52 am
mancabbage

we won that 10k prize, but 10k aint much when you're trying to create something new like this from scratch, we got two prototypes made that we adjusted and tested, they all worked fine but we realised we could improve the chain integrity and smoothness of the locking mechanism.

The last prototype was pretty dead on, next one will probably be the last, my bro is doing the drawings for it at the moment, its v slow as we have to get each part custom made by small workshops which costs a lot of money & time, so we have to really be careful & get as much bang on before we spend the cash for the new one, but yeah the next should be the last... and the last of that cash (three prototypes & our patents) then we'll start taking it around to investors n the like.. See if anyone bites, its been real fun though, even if we piss away that 10k and nothing happens, all good, was worth it. Thanks for asking
Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:15 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

i don't know if i want people to know what i'm listening to..
music seems like a personal and private preference to me..

it's bad enuff they banned earbuds at my job and i've got to plug my mp3 player into speakers to listen..

my walkman is 8GB and i get about 90-100 albums on it..

i was away from my workbench once and the live Underbite Ben Finds God track came on random... and people were just scratching their heads about it. i usually would've stepped over and hit the next track button when something, but i wasn't around... one guy was, "wtf was that?" and i was like, "that's just sage being sage.." but he didn't understand...
Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:00 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

so why are earbuds banned there and not speakers?
Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:57 pm
anomaly
Loserface

I chopped off my dick....shoved it into my asshole and smuggled it out of the country for T-Wrexxxxxxxxxxxx

People really dont look in the card catalog anymore.
Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Jump to: