Search
Register
BREAKING BAD : Final Episodes
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

remind

ROTTY wrote:
You all should read the article from the new yorker i posted on here. Sounds like killer mike fits the "Bad Fan" profile.

I have a buddy where it's gotten to the point that we can't even discuss the show without me getting pissed off. "Bad Fan" to a T who gives Walt passes and constantly shits on Skylar and Jesse. It's a little scary.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:08 am
ROTTY

remind wrote:
ROTTY wrote:
You all should read the article from the new yorker i posted on here. Sounds like killer mike fits the "Bad Fan" profile.

I have a buddy where it's gotten to the point that we can't even discuss the show without me getting pissed off. "Bad Fan" to a T who gives Walt passes and constantly shits on Skylar and Jesse. It's a little scary.

I must admit, I have dabbled at being a bad fan from time to time. It came more from denial. A bit like that Simpsons episode where Lisa becomes a vegetarian and sabotages the pig spit roast. Walt is that pig spit roast and Im homer chasing after it. Its just a little crystal meth cooking hes still good, its just a bit of child poisoning hes still good, Its just a bit of murder hes still good.hes gone guyhes gone.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:30 am
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

remind wrote:
ROTTY wrote:

I understand hating Jesse and Skylar at this point. They both seem to lack any culpability for their actions and take the opportunity to get out of it only when they've literally been forced into a corner and the way out is to sell Walt down the river.

Jesse has been floating around for this entire season as a helpless pawn, and Skylar is the victim again only after hiding the money for Walt, running a front business and asking Walt to kill a guy.

I still root for Jesse and Skylar because I think they deserve to survive, but I actually really get why people are sick of them, especially if they're already inclined to root for Walt.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:45 am
remind

CriticalTheory_Breakfast wrote:
remind wrote:
ROTTY wrote:

I understand hating Jesse and Skylar at this point. They both seem to lack any culpability for their actions and take the opportunity to get out of it only when they've literally been forced into a corner and the way out is to sell Walt down the river.

Jesse has been floating around for this entire season as a helpless pawn, and Skylar is the victim again only after hiding the money for Walt, running a front business and asking Walt to kill a guy.

I still root for Jesse and Skylar because I think they deserve to survive, but I actually really get why people are sick of them, especially if they're already inclined to root for Walt.

That's just it. I can't get down with people still rooting for Walt. Don't get me wrong, I don't make excuses for any of the main characters on the show. Everyone's fucked. My comments were based more on the series as a whole, not necessarily where we're at right now. But at least you can sympathize with Jesse and Skylar through their mistakes and bad judgments because they're... human. They're not evil monsters. But yeah you wanna bash Skylar for her affair? You wanna ridicule Jesse for "crying all the time"? Fuck that shit. I don't agree with you in that they lack culpability for their actions. They've both had numerous instances of being mentally unstable and down on themselves. Walt, for the most part, and not including the last episode, has coldly shrugged everything off. He lost sight of his original motives for getting into the business long ago. He pulled everyone in. He deserves to go down. And I shouldn't have to explain why to people who seem to lack the moral compass to begin with.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:16 am
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

I'm not really sure when I stopped rooting for Walt. Him poisoning Brock didn't bother me because I don't think he had any intention of doing real harm. I think the time came in the first part of season 5 when him and Jesse were cooking in a house and the news report came on of the dead kid Todd shot. Walt gives Jesse the big speech about how it was a tragedy and he should go and let Walt finish up...then he just starts whistling nonchalantly while he worked.

I'm just curious how Walt goes out. He was destined to die since the first scene of the series. He just celebrated his birthday early this season and in that flash forward at Denny's or wherever he bought the gun it was his birthday again, so he jumped forward a year and didn't die of cancer. Being "Heisenberg" must be better than chemo, because he won't be getting any of that being on the run...

Starting to think more and more that the ricin is for him. Maybe he takes it himself and turns himself in for whatever reason and then dies a few days later in prison.

I keep trying to come up with theories but they always seem too shallow and I know it'll end up being something more crazy and deep.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:12 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Junior kills Walt. While constantly saying "bullshit, bullshit, bullshit"....all while eating breakfast
Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:29 pm
CaptainFantasy

Team Walt
Post Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:47 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Well that was a plot twist I didn't see coming.

Black and White make Gray, you beotch!

This is going to be the longest week ever.
Post Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:33 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

i don't think it was even Elliot and Gretchen and the Graymatter thing that set him off. I think once they mentioned the blue meth still popping up in Europe he realized Jesse was alive and cooking
Post Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:19 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Ahhhhhhh, good point. I was really trying to figure out why Walt would want a 50 cal to take out some chemists. Juan, you have your head wrapped around this better than I. Looking forward to this even more now. You just made my week longer
Post Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:49 pm
anomaly
Loserface

That ricin is for Lydia and her Stevia

Skyler (who looked thin as fuck) got an Emmy for best supporting actress in a drama and Breaking Bad won best drama. Awesome. Might have been more awards, but we were flipping back and forth until the Steelers/Bear game was over to watch BB.

Well deserved.
Post Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:51 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

yes it really is going to be the longest week ever

and with what juan said, its a combination of both, but, i believe with them speaking publicly and undermining walts presents with that company to save their asses , that really really set him off and hes ready to do whatever ( i can never really predict) and go out with a huuuuge bang, he will be known to all, and hes going to do his best to set him self straight too with everyone thinking so low of him(despite what you think)
Post Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:15 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Seeing that sad cabin w minimal shit made it really depressing. A barrel holding 10 million dollars and nowhere to go.

Good for Flynn/Walt Jr to standing up for himself and remember his uncle Hank. Jesse is in a world of hurt, Walt is ready to spill blood, Todd's crew ruthless as hell.....Sunday is hopefully going to be rediculously great.

As the writers have been carefully calculating and writing.....I don't know who I'm pulling for. Anxiety is up there. I love this show, sad to know its almost over.
Post Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:38 pm
xGasPricesx

CaptainFantasy wrote:

Team Walt

I saw this on reddit a couple weeks ago, and it's still the one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. It takes so many things completely out of context and makes so many bullshit false comparisons it's not even worth it to spend any more time talking about how dumb it really is. I guess this how people who still actively root for Walt watch this show though, which is kind of sad, but whatever. Also, you don't have to love Jesse to hate Walt, or vice versa. Both have made some big mistakes and done some bad things, although at this point I don't see how it isn't obvious that Walt has made much bigger mistakes than Jesse.
Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:10 am
Prontoid

Walt is pissed off his blue meth is back on the streets and he's not getting credit/spoils for it..

All he wants to do now is to remove the blue meth from the streets by any means necessary...it's like Grey Matter all over again...and he ain't having it
Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:18 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next