Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

breaking bad can be/will be as legendary as the godfather and scarface for sure
Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:47 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Neuro wrote:
breaking bad can be/will be as legendary as the godfather and scarface for sure

Scarface was/is dated bullshit. Don't know why so many full retard rappers idolized it. Have you seen it beginning to end recently? It's worse than Dexter's finale. #omgicantbelieveitsnotswag
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:11 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

In a surprise twist of events (as far as what I've been harping on about for the past two seasons,) I'm not even mad that Walt Jr's crutches were not kicked out. And that's not even because of the finale. It's because of this special guest appearance at my Pasadena show...

I damn near shit myself. She was going on and on about my music and all I could think was, "Oh my God, are you serious right now? Todd did you DIRTY in the second to last episode!"

ahhhhh man. Aye. Twas a good night. I'm still giddy over here.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:11 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

that is amazing
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:13 am
Marcus Forealius

Great finale. Good thing though that Uncle Jack has a Biff Tannen complex about his word, or else things might have gone entirely differently.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:15 am
ecapataz

Marcus Forealius wrote:
Great finale. Good thing though that Uncle Jack has a Biff Tannen complex about his word, or else things might have gone entirely differently.

As strange as it sounds people like Uncle Jack often have really strong principles (albeit in a world few of us understand or relate to). His reaction to the accusation that he was a liar and partners with Jesse came off pretty natural.

I loved the series finale. The writing was superb to the end.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:37 am
Marcus Forealius

ecapataz wrote:
Marcus Forealius wrote:

As strange as it sounds people like Uncle Jack often have really strong principles (albeit in a world few of us understand or relate to). His reaction to the accusation that he was a liar and partners with Jesse came off pretty natural.

I loved the series finale. The writing was superb to the end.

Yeah I could totally see that with such types often having nothing, but their word. I didn't find the sequence of events implausible by any means, it just struck me as Biff Tannen'esque is all.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:08 am
FranktheP

Great finale. I give it 8/10. A little pissed Jesse just drives away but then again the mental anguish he dealt with was unbelievable. Superb writing from start to finish. All loose ends tied up. I like what he did with the Grey Matter people and it was nice to see Skinny Pete and Badger make one last appearance. Sorry it is al over.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:14 am
mzehe916

What did you want Jesse to do? I don't think there was anything he could have done but drive away. They weren't going to talk it out. I thought the ending was brilliant. Glad to see it end as it did and not stretch it out beyond credibility.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:26 am
O2K
SFF has a stalker.

It was the ending that would make everyone happy. From that ending it is no doubt that Giligan did not want people to be second guessing the ending or he didn't want the ending to be like a Sopranos, or Lost, or Dexter. He wanted someone safe and one to bring about the least amount of disappointment.

Nothing wrong with that.

The ending I wanted was different though. I wanted either everyone to die (except for holly) or for Todd to be the last man standing (everyone in his crew dies). He just seemed to be the perfect villian. I did want Jesse dead. He's too much of a loose cannon.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:36 am
FranktheP

mzehe916 wrote:
What did you want Jesse to do? I don't think there was anything he could have done but drive away. They weren't going to talk it out. I thought the ending was brilliant. Glad to see it end as it did and not stretch it out beyond credibility.

I didn't mean literally driver away...I guess I meant more that he lived. He was not quite the innocent some make him out to be BUT that being said-I agree with you. Great ending. Great last show.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:03 am
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

How is every post following Sage's picture not "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!"
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:18 am
anomaly
Loserface

She came to a Sage show instead of staying home w/ Brock and watching the finale. That's awesome.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:10 am
tommi teardrop

Other than Mad Men and maybe Game of Thrones, this is my favorite current drama, but I don't really feel much about it. It got wrapped up the way we all wanted, but it feels like it was lacking.

It makes me think of Lost and how pissed everyone was that it was not wrapped up perfectly like Breaking Bad, and it sort of makes me think that "bad fan" should be set aside for viewers that want all the questions answered and every character to face consequences that reflect their moral choices throughout the series.

Lost ended and everybody was pissed, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. I felt more for 15 separate characters than I did after six seasons for Walter White or anyone else.

I'm sure Mad Men will end on some shot of Don Draper staring out of a window and everyone will be pissed that he wasn't killed by the husband of some girl he fucked.

I don't know. I don't think Braking Bad touches the best shows.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:06 pm
desert penguin

I don't think anyone points to the emotional nature of Breaking Bad as it's strong suit. Above all, it was a psychological thriller. We really only were given a chance to feel for two characters, Jesse and Walt, both of whom betrayed us as the protagonist multiple times. Breaking Bad was about surprises and technical writing. Maybe that's why the ending felt a little flat to me, but that's not to say I wasn't sweating out every minute last night. I don't think anything in television has come close to what it did in 62 episodes with regard to unpredictability while staying true to consequence.

Honestly, tommi, you should be laughed out of this topic for bringing up Lost. Seriously, bro? And Mad Men is just a soap opera set as a period piece. Don Draper is AMC's answer for people who don't find Walter White attractive enough to watch on screen for an hour every week.
Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next