Search
Register
NFL and College Football 2013-2014
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I knew that game was going to be a shit show. That was one for the books. Very happy that the Pats were able to squeak out another win, but it very easily could have gone either way. The ending was kind of epic. BB made it a point to shame the dumb ass from the Jets who was ejected, making sure he did the walk of shame off of the field alone even though the game was essentially over. That was something.
Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:59 pm
Limbs

Haha. I liked his wave to the fans after the game.
Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:42 am
Captiv8

What a shit show. Well, it wasn't televised where I live, but based off the stats, or even just the score, it looked awful. The Pats need to put up more points if they want to be any kind of contender this year. The good news is that Edelman looks really good.
Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:19 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Captiv8 wrote:
What a shit show. Well, it wasn't televised where I live, but based off the stats, or even just the score, it looked awful. The Pats need to put up more points if they want to be any kind of contender this year. The good news is that Edelman looks really good.

I was 2nd out of 10 in my fantasy wavier wire..

I put in a claim on Edelman after week 1...
waited til wednesday...
Woke up and found out that the one motherfucker who had 1st dibs on the wire picked him up.....

Oh well.

Maybe Malcolm Floyd will do better..
Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:06 pm
Captiv8

I was also screwed out of getting Edelman, by a mere $1. Pretty upset about that, though Victor Cruz was great last week and Marques Colston was solid. I have Denarius Moore in as my flex, with Stevie Johnson on the bench. I was hoping to replace either of the latter two with Edelman, but that will likely be impossible now.

For the SFR league, both Julio Jones and Andre Johnson were lackluster. I think things will likely pick up for Jones, but I'm worried Johnson will just kind of be middle of the road. I've got Torrie Smith in flex, though I might switch in Brian Hartline. I'm guessing Hartline's performance last Sunday was a fluke, and expect receptions to be may equally distributed between him and Mike Wallace. Still too early to tell though. I need at least two weeks to establish some kind of probability.
Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:53 pm
redball

Captiv8 wrote:

I was watching a stream of this until the third quarter when I was clued in that the local station has to carry it. The stream was pretty cool but it wasn't HD.

Anyway, it's worth noting that apparently the NFL lost an antitrust suit and are currently required to offer TNF and MNF games to local channels for both home and away teams. Won't help you if you're a Cowboys fan and live in WV, unless they're playing the Steelers, but it's good to know for those of us trying to not pay $1200/year for television.

T-Wrex wrote:
I was 2nd out of 10 in my fantasy wavier wire..

I put in a claim on Edelman after week 1...
waited til wednesday...
Woke up and found out that the one motherfucker who had 1st dibs on the wire picked him up.....

I grabbed Edelman as fast as I could in the league Icarus is running. The scoring used there only gave him 7 points, but it seems that he'll be a solid contributor this season.
Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:56 pm
tommi teardrop

This is the first year I have ever taken a QB early in my draft and I took Brady because he was available and I was confident in my lower sleeper picks. This is not what I signed up for. Those fucks couldn't catch a ball to save their lives last night. It felt like the world was working against me this and last week. Luckily I'm playing the shitter teams in my league these first two weeks and will still get wins.

I'm looking like a genius with Jared Cook and Jordan Cameron on my squad. Trade bait.
Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:31 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

I usually wait until the 4th or 5th to grab a QB, but I gabbed Aaron Rogers in the 2nd this year after all the good RBs were grabbed...

He paid off this week. 54 points in my league..
..and Lynch made up for his weak 1st week.

The Lions really screwed the pooch in Arizona. Should won.
Dumb penalties at crucial times and mental lapses.
Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:52 am
Captiv8

Oh man, the Lions were atrocious as far as penalties are concerned. What, something in the range of 104 total penalty yards? I know that doesn't exactly equate into a touchdown, but goddamn if it doesn't make things extremely hard on you. That is simply unacceptable. And now that Bush is banged up, I don't know about the Lions. I guarantee Schwartz's playbook leans heavily on Bush, and it will hurt not to have him in, if that ends up being the case. The good news is that the offense is there, as Calvin Johnson showed this past week. This is such a cliche, but really what the Lions need now is mental discipline.
Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:40 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

my cable provider just picked up NFL Network..

just in time to see Andy Reid's return to Philly..

i hope to see a good game tonight...
and vick leaving on a stretcher..
Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:34 am
Captiv8

Ya, for some reason I also have the NFL network. Wish I had known that last week, even though it was an awful game. I'm excited to see Kansas City paired up against Philly. I might have given KC the leg up since Andy Reid would have been familiar with the Philly personnel, but I think Chip Kelly is too much of a wild card to be predictable. I just want a good game, especially since I have no one from either team on my fantasy squads.
Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:56 am
Shika
shy wench

Having spent over a decade watching Andy struggle with clock management and scoring drives when coming from behind I'm excited to be on the other side tonight. Eagles secondary is awful; if Chip can get on the board early and drive up the score in the first quarter I think they will be fine.
Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:38 pm
Captiv8

With as many turnovers as Philly has given up, KC should have this game in the bag. And yet, despite that and a nice game for Charles, they can still potentially lose. On the other side, whatever spark Philly mustered in the first game already seems lost. Vick cannot seem to find a rhythm. McCoy has had a big night, but the o-line has been useless at protecting Vick.
Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:24 pm
Captiv8

Two things: I'm tired of these fluffy four games before conference play in college football. Aside from the rare upset, which sadly justifies the practice, these games are demoralizing for the lesser program and unchallenging for the well-known programs. They are not a barometer of success, or the quality of your team. For example, Ohio State and Louisville, who played FAMU and FIU respectively, won by a combined total of 148-0. What? First of all, teams shouldn't be scoring 70+ points in a game. It's like playing on the easiest difficulty in a video game and using cheat codes, then bragging about it. Why not have Ohio State and Louisville, both top ten teams, play each other? That would have been much more exciting. I know these garbage games offer the small team national exposure, but they're also incredibly boring and almost inevitably lopsided. Up the ante.

Thing two: what a fuckfest the game between MSU and Notre Dame was. First off, both teams looked pretty bad. MSU was having success running the ball, but for some reason kept trying to pass the ball when it wasn't necessary, which led to either a dropped pass or errant throw 50% of the time. MSU's defense played like mad, but suffered immensely from absolutely terrible officiating. Aside from the 3 terrible PI and 1 defensive holding call, all of which were phantom and continued Notre Dame drives that led to touchdowns, the refs did not call offensive holding once on ND despite it being incredibly obvious. I saw at least five occasions of a Notre Dame lineman with his arm wrapped under or around an MSU DE's head or arm, which allowed Tommy Rees the time he needed to throw the ball deep. Anyway, the officiating in this game was the worst I've seen in a long time, and decidely pro-Notre Dame.

On Notre Dame's side, they didn't have a good game at all, and were pretty much unworthy of being ranked. Rees was incredibly inaccurate, and aside from a few decent runs by McDaniels they couldn't establish a running game at all. Their secondary didn't play well either; Connor Cook just couldn't throw the ball well. Notre Dame just capitalized on 115 penalty yards in their favor, as well as a terrible flea-flicker play that resulted in an interception against MSU. Honestly this game was crap, frosted by the worst final series I've seen in a long time, maybe ever. After two terrible passes and one drop, the Spartans had a delay of game and then and offsides penalty. And then, in what has to have been the most boneheaded 4th and long play EVER, Andrew Maxwell (who clearly has no hope of being a starting quarterback anywhere ever again) decides to scramble and then run out of bounds on 4th and fucking 20. WHAT??? At least chuck the ball downfield and hope something happens. But tucking the ball and running out of bounds on the last play of the game (effectively)? Unbelievable.
Post Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:59 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Captiv8 wrote:
Two things: I'm tired of these fluffy four games before conference play in college football. Aside from the rare upset, which sadly justifies the practice, these games are demoralizing for the lesser program and unchallenging for the well-known programs. They are not a barometer of success, or the quality of your team. For example, Ohio State and Louisville, who played FAMU and FIU respectively, won by a combined total of 148-0. What? First of all, teams shouldn't be scoring 70+ points in a game. It's like playing on the easiest difficulty in a video game and using cheat codes, then bragging about it. Why not have Ohio State and Louisville, both top ten teams, play each other? That would have been much more exciting. I know these garbage games offer the small team national exposure, but they're also incredibly boring and almost inevitably lopsided. Up the ante.

1) I think everyone agrees with you.
2) I was at the Louisville/FIU game. It wasn't even as close as the scoreboard. FIU had a total of two first downs the entire game and ended up with about 30 total yards gained on offense. They weren't even trying and didn't even attempt a pass in the second half. The downed every kickoff. It was the most lopsided football game I've ever seen in person.
3) For the record, Louisville had agreements to play Georgia and Boise State on the non-conference schedule this year and both teams got out of them. Dey scurred. Other top-tier FBS schools also turned us down. So our SOS is so terrible that not only do we have to run the table, and have everything break perfectly in our direction, to have a whiff at the title game, but we'll have to pretty much pile on the style points. It wouldn't have been enough to have merely covered the (41 point) spread against FIU, we had to demolish them. Poor kids.
Post Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:40 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next