View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

anomaly
Loserface

Just ordered. Excited.
Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:29 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I'm really happy about all the positive attention this material is getting. The feedback from the fans has been uplifting to say the least. I don't know what I expected, but I've been it's been quite a while since I released anything like this. It's also fascinating to see how the press has been willing to cover this material even though there's no real publicity push. I'm pretty sure the general excitement the fans have been showing online has prompted a few media outlets to reach out.

Here's a really good interview with the Village Voice:

It was listed in the "Best Albums" section of Alarm Press Magazine with a great review:
http://alarm-magazine.com/album_review/sage-francis-sick-to-death/

Even DigBoston (who I don't believe has ever covered any SFR material) reached out for a copy to review:
http://digboston.com/boston-music-concerts/2013/12/mixtape-sage-francis/
My one and only gripe there is that they interpreted Viva La Vinyl (which is basically a song paying homage to the classic music listening format) as a "hipster" thing because I mention 45's. I didn't see that coming. haha. I'll forever praise vinyl. I'm a hip-hop head. Alas, perception of art often depends on the listener's experience. So I tell myself.

CD's are being shipped out right now. Tapes haven't arrive from the manufacturer yet but they'll be here soon. The shirts and hoodies are probably going out right now as well, but I know we had to print some of them really close to the release date due to special sizes being pre-sale only. Everyone who pre-ordered this album (in whatever format) will be receiving an email with the download code on the 12th. If you run into any troubles just email customerservice@strangefamousrecords.com and everything will be worked out.

Thanks for all the support!

www.tinyurl.com/SickToDeathSFR

Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:57 am
Limbs

Pump! Pump pumped!
Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:04 pm
Price Of The Kings Ticket

Sage Francis wrote:
If you didn't use a download link for Sick to D(eat)h specifically, then there's no cause for alarm. No cause for alarm even if you did because you could just hit us up directly with your order and let us know that you need the download link.
customerservice@strangefamousrecords.com

Also, you'll be receiving the download link in your email on the 12th.

Woke up this morning to a little treat in my inbox, thanks Sage.

EDIT: Love it, although Ubuntu sounds a little quieter than the other tracks so I replaced it with the original version I bought back when it was released.
Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:58 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

When your ride to the venue keeps you waiting for 4 hours, the pen and notepad in the hotel room become very inviting.

The beast has been unleasheddddd.
www.tinyurl.com/SickToDeathSFR
Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:40 am
anomaly
Loserface

I'm really liking this.

And I'm kind of embarrassed to recognize Jerry Clower immediately. Dude is kind of awesome.
Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:22 am
passenger

wow, can't remember the last time I was on this board.... i think it was when i posted my last album several years ago and it was deleted... that seems about right, haha.

Just wanted to step in to say congrats on the new release and although I have to give it a desk listen while at work and not the proper listen it deserves, it was enough to prompt me to come on here and say WELL DONE!!

I don't listen to a lot of hip hop these days except for a select few and old stuff so it's nice to get pumped about something again. I don't use CD's anymore but bought one just to support. Waiting for the DL link so I can get this in the car and give it a proper run through! Thanks for the inspiration (makes me want to write a song and haven't had that feeling for way too long) and for these great tracks!
Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:06 pm
passenger

oh and the live version of Baby Stays is RE: DICK YOU L(US)
Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:11 pm
Limbs

Ahahah! "Insert the celery"
Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:40 pm
Flossin

Do I still get a download link if I order a CD now or was that just a thing for the pre-orders and that ship has sailed?
I didn't get the pre-order deal cause I was waiting for cash to do some bigger shopping but now, with Christmas coming soon, it's probably gonna be mid-January before the package gets to Poland and I get to hear the new mixtape :-(
Post Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:00 am
al(phonic)

LOVING this mixtape!! lots of gems on it, old and new

can't wait for my cassette

thanks mr francis!!!
Post Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:06 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Flossin wrote:
Do I still get a download link if I order a CD now or was that just a thing for the pre-orders and that ship has sailed?
I didn't get the pre-order deal cause I was waiting for cash to do some bigger shopping but now, with Christmas coming soon, it's probably gonna be mid-January before the package gets to Poland and I get to hear the new mixtape :-(

Just email customerservice@strangefamousrecords.com with your product number. They'll send you a download link.
Post Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:54 am
SFR announcement

Review from Soundfuse Mag. Short but sweet:

"Sage Francis doesn’t release an album every year, it only feels like he should. Another year once again came and went without a new studio record from Sage, but he snuck in a badass mixtape just in time to close the year. At 24 tracks and 75 minutes, Sick To D(EAT)H certainly has a listening feel like a full-length album. This release is a mash of weird old shit, new unreleased material, and a whole slew of great guest appearances. If you’re a Sage Francis fan, you will love this release… it’s almost better than a proper studio album in many ways."

http://soundfusemag.com/2013/12/16/streamdownload-sage-francis-new-mixtape-sick-to-death/
Post Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:02 pm
smake

Still need more time to let it soak in, but it is a great collection once again. Blue, Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead To Me, Viva La Vinyl and Dark Arts Abridged are new favorites. And You Can't Win is definitely one of the most fun songs this year.

Here's to the new record (which I read will be titled Copper Gone)!
Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:21 pm
DeadAwake

Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:29 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next